PDA

View Full Version : Cayman validation - JAA licence

I-AINC
18th Nov 2010, 12:01
Goodafternoon,

I was searching some information to get the Cayman (VP-) validation from my JAA licence.

Is it possible or is possible only via FAA licence?

Thanks a lot!

NC :confused:

NuName
18th Nov 2010, 12:32
Not a problem you need a letter form the aircraft operator providing you have the type rating and you are current with medical.

flydive1
18th Nov 2010, 12:44
Yes, you can get a Cayman validation on the basis of a JAA licence.
You will need a letter from the company employing you, copy of the initial training papers for the A/C type you want to fly, copy of a recent training and check(less than one year), copy of your licences, medical, all must be notarized copies and thy want hard copies(you have to mail them, no fax)

It will be valid only for the registration of the single A/C

Thomascl605
18th Nov 2010, 14:41
Whether or not the Cayman CAA decides to validate JAA licences in the future is anyone's guess. I can't imagine they will be too happy at the prospect of EASA trying to chuck VP-C Aircraft out of Europe.

I-AINC
18th Nov 2010, 15:58
Thanks a lot!

So, it's pretty the same to get the Isle of Man (M-) validation I think. I understand that I can obtain the validation only if I have already an aircraft to fly ( I need a letter from the a/c operator ).

Sorry for the question but....is impossible to get the VP-rating without fly any aircraft?

I'm thinking about it to make my CV bigger and open to me new doors. Maybe it could be easier to entry in this world (first job).

Thank you :ok:

flydive1
18th Nov 2010, 16:27
I see it quite difficult, the validation is normally tied to the operator, type of aircraft and registration.
I do not think is possible to obtain it without.

And in any case is valid only for 12 month then you have to renew it at a cost of 240 USD per year, probably not worth it just to add to the CV.

It is the same for IOM or Bermuda and others. Actually you can have a freelance validation from Bermuda, not tied to an operator, but it cost 2000 USD per year, last time I checked..

I-AINC
18th Nov 2010, 17:25
:eek: OMG 2000$... Ok, thank you very much for your quick answer!

Have a nice evening,

NC

flydive1
18th Nov 2010, 17:34
Sorry, my mistake, for the Bermuda freelance validation the cost is 2000$ for a validity up to 5 years. It will cost an additional 2000$ if you change type of A/C

Rusty Trombone
18th Nov 2010, 17:48
Just another point to make etc, Bermuda Cayman or IOM will require the following regardless of license type.
1) TYPE Rating NO SIC allowed must be PIC if using a FAA license.
2) Radio Telephone Certificate
3) Last PIC check ON Type you are requesting the validation.
4) Letter and application form + Fee.
5) If using a EASA license and you are on a fresh type 3 Take of and landings to validate the EASA by TRE TRI this must be done before the application is made.
6) all notorized copies etc

Hope this helps etc, I have held Bermudian Cayman and IOM recently

flydive1
18th Nov 2010, 17:58
1. IOM, Bermuda, you can have a copilot validation, I do not remember Cayman.
2. Does not apply to JAA licence.
3. Last PIC or Copi check and if applying for the first time also record of initial training and type check

Had/have them too.

Rusty Trombone
18th Nov 2010, 20:31
Bermuda does not except SIC ratings must be a FULL Type rating its in the BDCA ANO Must be fully PIC qualified.

flydive1
18th Nov 2010, 20:43
They do not accept FAA SIC, but they acept JAA copi, of course you can fly only as copi.

Cathar
18th Nov 2010, 21:04
Whether or not the Cayman CAA decides to validate JAA licences in the future is anyone's guess. I can't imagine they will be too happy at the prospect of EASA trying to chuck VP-C Aircraft out of Europe.

What would be the point of not validating JAA/EASA licences? European based Cayman registered aircraft whose pilots have validated JAA/EASA licences will not be adversely affected by PART-FCL. Not to validate would be a case of cutting off ones nose to spite ones face.

drifter3
8th Oct 2015, 20:44
Hello,

I was recently required to arrange a licence verification from my authority to get a Bermudan Validation.
Does anyone know if a licence verification is also required for a Cayman Validation or just notarised copies of my documents by the operator of the aircraft, as stated on the CI CAA website?

My licence authority takes a few weeks to issue the verification, which is a few weeks too long.

thanks
D3

McMax
18th May 2017, 08:43
Sorry for bringing that old one up again.

What is the average time to get the validation after submitting all the paperwork?
Thanks

drifter3
20th May 2017, 12:21
About 3-4 days. You will get an email copy and one posted to your address (or that of the operator)

Klimax
20th May 2017, 15:00
Yes, you can get a Cayman validation on the basis of a JAA licence.
You will need a letter from the company employing you, copy of the initial training papers for the A/C type you want to fly, copy of a recent training and check(less than one year), copy of your licences, medical, all must be notarized copies and thy want hard copies(you have to mail them, no fax)

It will be valid only for the registration of the single A/C

Correct only for the first time Cayman Validation. The following Cayman Validations (re-current events) will be unrestricted (not limited to the single A/C). I've done this on multiple aircraft types.

McMax
21st May 2017, 07:06
Thanks Guys!