PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lankan Recruitment

Doors-to-manual
17th Nov 2010, 18:45
Have any expats been through the recruitment process for SriLankan recently? What is the sim assessment and interview like?

Also, I would appreciate your views on working for the company. Pros and Cons please.

Doors-to-manual
19th Nov 2010, 20:43
Someone out there must be able to share their experience.

THRidle
20th Nov 2010, 22:02
I doubt it D.T.M.

Sri Lankan terms and conditions are about the lowest ( for an A330 captain ) that I think I have ever seen.

javierito
21st Nov 2010, 17:10
I agree with Thriddle.
Sri Lankan is offering conditions very poor in the market for expats.
They are looking for copilots on A320 with experience offering less than 5000 USD/month. Conditions are much better in Vietnam airlines or Korean airlines.

Doors-to-manual
23rd Nov 2010, 00:12
Thanks for your feedback guys.

dual input
23rd Nov 2010, 12:36
From my exp in the past 2 yrs back.. SL management will just use you for 3 months and throw you out . Pilots Union is dead against the expat and since the latest pay hike was to hush them from latest expt hiring.
No chance to be upgraded and fleet upgrade. Many Local exp pilots back in the market from Middle East and Indian Contracts and since both local airlines are under Govt umbrella only time will tell when it will be taken over by the locals on all wide body fleet. Dfo position is up for grabs and the new guy will dispose all the expt asap to please the locals, govt and Caa bodies.
Pay is cheap cost of living is high and local mafia pilots will make you live in nut shell.. Friendly crew and crm one hr before check in and half hr after sign out..

Desperate situation ...pilot agencies have been hired to place capt/fo on all fleet..Cadet training is kept on a slow pace for max use and less pay .

2 words...Stay away....rosy emails and friendly invitations is a front
many variations on contracts ...what u get is not other may have been given.

Most of good guys have left and the bad n ugly cannot make it outside

dickandballs
25th Nov 2010, 05:04
the condition is far most at the momant where everybody is licking eachothers A** to survive.Cadets grabbing Captains tails, and Senior Captains grabbbing Politicos tails,

They use the Expats and throw away like ***, they wouldnt even let you know in advance and give you less than Two months notice .....

cadet recruitment has become the worst where lots of Politic Contacts have come since the last 5-6 years... WORST stay away.....

polaris79
25th Nov 2010, 07:08
Dick and Balls..
Mate, Don't tell me this - I'm looking to apply for the cadet program.. worse still dual citizen.. Which means Il be hated even more... right?

Hws the screening process for the cadets? Is it industry standard?

Yeah
28th Jul 2014, 11:19
Tomorrow I'm scheduled for Skype Technical Interview. Any ideas what they are asking about?

Alpha_Charlie
29th Jul 2014, 04:10
They will ask you questions according to your experience level.. HYD & FUEL Systems seems to be their favorite.. And general background..

Next step you will invited for a sim eval to Colombo.. Profile will given to you before hand.. Mostly consists of an eng fail, raw data flying, steep turns etc.

Current hiring situation is quite +ve.. But conditions for expats are not great.. Also Their Technical Crew Recruitment Manager is not cooperative at all.. Beware of her. She will suck the blood out of you if you give her a chance.

All the best.:ok:

chai ja
29th Jul 2014, 14:56
you talking about N.M?

Yeah
31st Jul 2014, 09:39
Alpha_Charlie Thanks a lot. It was like you wrote.