PDA

View Full Version : consultation on the EF-2000 of the Royal Air Force

vanhalem
17th Nov 2010, 15:28
good ...

first of all I am Chilean and I get the forum to learn more than anything

Well, I have some doubts about the EF-2000, because here in Chile is playing its possible purchase to replace our venerable F-5 Tiger III PLUS.

I would like to know how much is the flight time of each tranche and as calculated by the Royal Air Force, that is just to calculate how to operate the aircraft would cost us here in chile.

the other, in their country has not been heard or said tenders for Chile EF-2000 T1? because it says that the RAF would sell 50 aircraft of this tranche.

that would be good.
Greetings.

PD: excuse my English but I'm using google translator

P.D.2: sorry if this issue was already

stackedup
17th Nov 2010, 15:36
Don't worry about the " British " - There is only one Royal Air Force !

vanhalem
17th Nov 2010, 15:43
http://www.blogdelossimpson.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/homer_simpson_doh_02.gif
:ok:

Justanopinion
17th Nov 2010, 16:03
5. Eurofighter TYPHOON:

Program Unit Cost : $ 143.8 million
(Royal Air Force)
Unit Procurement Cost : $ 118.6 million

(Royal Air Force)
Manufacturer’s comment:
According to figures provided to the German Bundestag on June 15, 2004 by the German Ministry
of Defence, total cost to Germany of the Eurofighter program is 21.3 billion euros, of which 5.87
billion euros for development and 15.4 billion euros for procurement of 180 aircraft.
Editor’s note: These figures work out to a unit program cost of 118.3 million euros per aircraft, and
a unit procurement cost of 85.7 million euros (including subsystems) per aircraft for Germany.
Cost data and sources:
- The UK House of Commons Defence Committee, in July 2004, estimated the cost to Britain of the
Eurofighter Typhoon program at £ 19.018 billion for 242 aircraft, or a program unit cost of

£78.6
million

per aircraft. (7)
- In 2005, the UK National Audit Office estimated the unit production cost of Typhoon aircraft for
the Royal Air Force at

£ 64.8 million, based on the Tranche 1 and Tranche 2 contracts that have
already been awarded. (8)
- On July 22, 2005, the Spanish government cabinet estimated the cost of its share of the
Eurofighter program at 9.19 billion euros for 87 aircraft, equivalent to a program unit cost of 105.6
million euros per aircraft including the cost of the future Tranche 3 contract (9).
- UK MoD statement, Dec. 17, 2004:
“In addition Typhoon represents one of the largest, if not the largest, European defence investment
to date. Certainly it is the largest for the RAF, providing 89 Tranche 2 aircraft, in addition to the 55
Tranche 1 aircraft already on order, and represents a future investment of £4.3 billion” This implies
a unit procurement cost of £ 48.3 million per aircraft, without engines and certain subsystems.
- Eurofighter GmbH statement, Dec. 17, 2004:
“Production of the 236 Tranche 2 aircraft ….the overall value of the contract is in the region of Euro
13 billion,” but this figure is not significant as it excludes the cost of the engines and of some
subsystems, which are procured separately.
Sources:
(7) House of Commons Defence Committee: Sixth Report: Defence Procurement
28 July 2004
House of Commons - Defence - Sixth Report (http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200304/cmselect/cmdfence/572/57202.htm)
(8) Ministry of Defence: Major Projects Report 2005, by the National Audit Office
See Project Summary Sheets, page 113
Page not found (http://www.nao.org.uk/publications/nao_reports/05-06/0506595_II.pdf)
(9) Spanish government cabinet statement on cabinet decision on Eurofighter Tranche 2 contract, July 22,

My Spanish not that good but google translate may still be your friend....

vanhalem
17th Nov 2010, 16:11
thank you very much Justanopinion, but that information had it, so I have is how much it costs to operate the ef-2000, I mean how much is the value of your time as the actual flight and Air Force calculates that value.

thank you very much anyway.

Justanopinion
17th Nov 2010, 16:37
Procurement minister Quentin Davies revealed that the operating cost per hour of a Eurofighter is £90,000, compared with the air defence version of the Tornado, the F3, at a "modest" £45,000.

Source http://defenceoftherealm.********.com/2009/07/burning-our-money.html

I have no idea as to how accurate this statement is, or what it actually takes into account, but from all the information i can find, it seems to be about the average.

vanhalem
17th Nov 2010, 16:45
:ooh::ooh::ooh:

90 or 90 thousand??

90 000 will not be much, per flight hour???

Pontius Navigator
17th Nov 2010, 16:52
vanhalem,

Look at RAF Coningsby - RAF Station homepage (http://www.raf.mod.uk/RAFconingsby/) and then write to them:

Contact Us

Postal Address
Officer Commanding
RAF Coningsby
LINCOLN
LN4 4SY

Tell them what you want to know. Tell them how you want them to reply - email, letter, etc. Tell them your name and address.

They are obliged to reply within 20 working days under our Freedom of Information Act.

If you want help in refining your questions then I am sure someone here can help you.

1. how much is the flight time of each tranche and as calculated by the Royal Air Force - What is the hourly running cost for the Typhoon?

2. that is just to calculate how to operate the aircraft would cost us here in chile. - How many hours per month does a squadron pilot fly?

3. How long is the training course? How many hours are flown during the training course in the simulator? How many hours training in the air?

vanhalem
17th Nov 2010, 17:02
thank you very much, just a doubt assails me

Would you give that information to a citizen of another country that speaks another language but over??

anyway I'll try, I lose nothing total

Greetings

Pontius Navigator
17th Nov 2010, 17:40
Vanhalem, our previous wonder Government enacted a Freedom of Information Act. It knows no national boundaries. They can 'redact' (withhold) the information but they must have reasons so to do.

I suspect that these figures would be releasable. Your part of the bargain is you must give your name and address.

TaranisAttack
18th Nov 2010, 06:55
I don't think they are selling Tranche 1, 2 or 3A based on what we can deduce from the statements from the gov/mod so far.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
18th Nov 2010, 09:01
It's irritating that the MoD now buries/hides the various Capitation Rates inside the labrynthine Intranet. If only it was accessable through the Internet, even with difficulty; say via DASA. It never answers all the questions but it does give many valuable clues.

TorqueOfTheDevil
18th Nov 2010, 10:06
Would Chile also be looking for a small fleet of MPA?:E

Duncan D'Sorderlee
18th Nov 2010, 13:56
Chile, unlike the UK, has determined that security of their SLOC is a priority. They intend to include MPA as part of that policy.

Duncs:ok:

Pontius Navigator
18th Nov 2010, 16:23
And a carrier? May be under the same terms as the Turkish Sultan Osman I.

tonker
18th Nov 2010, 18:28
They are getting these.

AirTech CN-235MP/MPA - Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Spain / Indonesia - Naval Technology (http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/cn235mp/)

Canadian WokkaDoctor
19th Nov 2010, 11:55
Someone put me right if I am wrong (I'm sure that won't be a problem), but wouldn't the Chilean Military Attaché in London be the best person to approach the MoD for this type of data?

If the F-5s can stag on for another 5-8 years or so, maybe you could buy some pre-owned CF-18s?

Canadian