PDA

View Full Version : Vista Jet freelance F/A

Tarcica
17th Nov 2010, 13:24
Hi Everybody

I just wanted to share my unfortunate experience with VJ as a freelancing Flight Attendant:
After 4 months, several phone calls, ignored e-mails and lies..I haven't received my payment. I know I should have insisted to have the salary upfront before leaving but I would have never expected such a behavior from "the world's premier provider of luxury private aviation"...
Girls..you are advised: think before applying.

Silberpfeil
18th Nov 2010, 09:02
...never had a problem and always received my money within 10 days. Just returned from a 3 day EUR trip. Have you worked via an agency or direct?

Chally604
19th Nov 2010, 08:15
Not everything is perfect in Vista, but you'll never find that palcae anyhow.
But you can be sure to get your salary always on time. I am really surprised.
Yeah, how did you get there?

Tarcica
21st Nov 2010, 23:04
I was hired directly, no agencies.
I must have been the unlucky one then. I believe it has something to do with a complaint I wrote them when on duty: all my flight briefings were addressed to "Ms Dummy" instead of my name.
This is how professional this company is.
I have being doing this job for 10 years.

Propellerpilot
22nd Nov 2010, 10:21
Get a lawyer and let them send out a letter - that was the only medicine that helped some others in the same situation finally get what was owed to them.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Dumbledor
22nd Nov 2010, 11:58
Hang fire with the lawyer, go and see them first if you can then you can sort out any issues face to face and don't leave without your money. I've had the same problem with a company that doesn't exist anymore and it was the only thing that worked. Hopefully this is just a blip and you can remain on good terms with the company and hopefully continue to get work but they will know they can't mess you around when it comes to money. It's always easier to fob someone off over the phone or in an email, if you make it clear they'll have to deal with you in person with any further issues they will be less likely to mess you around.

Best of Luck,

D

Tarcica
22nd Nov 2010, 22:40
Thank you all for the nice messages!
You wont believe this: today I received most of the salary agreed! It was sent the day after I wrote the very first post.
Pprune voices worked better then anything else!!!!

Thank you again, for your replies and over 500 viewing!!!

hostessmostess
2nd Feb 2015, 19:29
Looking for a vip flight attendant job.Finding it very hard.I'm a black south African and lets just say I've noticed a preference in a "type"...anyway.The world is unfair blah blah blah

Trying to make my lemonade: anyone know of a company or agency that has a base in Africa (I hear the industry is booming in Nigeria)

wouldn't mind a rotation job...1 month on 1 month off...PLEASE HELP!!!!:ugh:

Sop_Monkey
2nd Feb 2015, 20:01
Sad to hear of your plight. I am sure something will be there for you. Just don't give up.

Good luck.

jetopa
4th Feb 2015, 09:02
@ Tarcica: going public I wouldnt necessarily receomment but in your case, unfortunately, it seemed to have helped. Good for you though and a warning shot for potential others.

@ hostessmostess: sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, racist a..holes are everywhere.

It might not help right away but, why not trying out this one:

Genesis Private Aviation Crewing | Private Aviation Solutions (http://genesis-crewing-aero.mysmarterwebsite.co.uk)

Good luck!

hostessmostess
4th Feb 2015, 09:30
@jetopa

There are also people like you that are supportive to strangers.thank you and goodluck with everything too.Ive sent my details to them:)

jetopa
4th Mar 2015, 11:21
I have to correct myself. The correct link to the website should be:

Genesis Private Aviation Crewing | Private Aviation Solutions (http://www.genesis-crewing.aero)

Waldi
11th Mar 2015, 16:46
If you are interested let me know. [email protected]