PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair and how to leave Mcnamara...

Terrain Noted
17th Nov 2010, 11:14
Does anybody knows how to leave Mcnamara?

thebeast
17th Nov 2010, 11:17
get a new job!!!! the sandpits popular!

other than that i dont think its possible i know several who have asked to switch accountants.

peba
17th Nov 2010, 14:44
leave them to join who?they are all scumbags if you ask me.3% of your salary,regardless of you rank is some bs.cant wait til the revenue get a hold of them and there ****e contract.

HighLow
18th Nov 2010, 05:50
1. Find a reputable chartered accountant, before you do anything else
2. Approach the Irish Revenue, explain how Brookfield is restricting you to a select few accountants, and this 3% income levy, from speaking to first officers I fly with, is it correct McNamara is actually a fellow director? so if I get this right, one of your directors is filing your tax returns also...sounds sooo dodgy, await and see what the Irish Revenues position on this, and get it in writing !
3. Subject to this written response, it may be necessary to find a lawyer, seek legal position with regard to this contract before attempting to approach your "EMPLOYER"

Sounds like a start....

based in the UK, my colleagues have to pay irish tax, not sure how that is right!!!! the UK revenue would be really annoyed with that fact for sure...

bia botal
18th Nov 2010, 10:41
3. Subject to this written response, it may be necessary to find a lawyer, seek legal position with regard to this contract before attempting to approach your "EMPLOYER"

And p&ss any promotion and a career in ryr goodbye, better off to just leave.

calypso
18th Nov 2010, 14:30
[QUOTE]Result marseille closed down/QUOTE]

Hence another airline that does pay tax and fulfills their employer obligations can have a fair go at serving Marseille with pilots employed on legal contracts. Why should my taxes subsidize FR operating out of Marseille while driving out of business other airlines that do play by the rules?

Borealis
19th Nov 2010, 06:21
Not all Brookfields are with any of the 3 taxadvisors, (from what I understand, MCN are not accountants, don´t know about the others). Talk to the revenue, and they´ll tell you you can sign up with whoever you want. Be prepared to be intruted anally however as a consequence - without any lubrication - in terms of hours, base, upgrade (if applicable), and annual leave...

peba
20th Nov 2010, 07:31
typical,everybody is scared,because they want this base or want an upgrade,surely if enough people told the revenue about this,they could blow the whistle on this whole scam,im happy to pay taxes in ireland,but the way we are being treated is a joke,hopefully we will be short of crew next summer:=:=:D:D

dannyalliga
21st Nov 2010, 01:19
Uk gov can be unhappy all they like! And now the Almost bankrupt Irish will be quite happy with whatever small donations Ryr makes! The French been the unhappy proactive nation they are tried... Result marseille closed down! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/nerd.gif

By listening to the following MOL interview it don't seem that RYR stance is that strong anymore: YouTube - AVIONEWS asks O'Leary (Ryanair) about non-payment of VAT in Italy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYZl5ZwzN8)

Maybe because closing its second biggest market in the EU or uncovering a tax scam wouldn't make the shareholders happy?

sickofitall
24th Nov 2010, 03:50
Simple stuff guys...report them to the Competition authority for engaging in uncompetitive practices.

The Competition Authority (http://www.tca.ie/)

They'll have a legal obligation under EU law to do something about it and the best bit is you can report anonymously if you wish.