PDA

View Full Version : iCadet Contracts

iMad
16th Nov 2010, 10:40
Could any of the international cadets who've returned from ADL enlighten us as to what is the contract situation?

-Is CX stalling your contract-signing for any reason?
-Have any of you got the work visa from the Immigration Department? If not, what's the inside story?
-Is it true they've promised you "some form of housing" in your initial interviews?
-How much housing are you actually being offered now that you're back in HKG?

There are lots of rumours floating about you guys so it would be good to hear from the horse's mouth.

Humber10
16th Nov 2010, 11:11
the aoa has been told that the icadets that dont have hkid are having trouble getting work visas, as the cadet scheme was set up for persons with hkids and apparently the hk government has a problem with this.

Harbour Dweller
16th Nov 2010, 11:27
I wonder how CX will bribe their way around this one.... :hmm:

geh065
17th Nov 2010, 06:01
I'm sure it isn't going to be much of a problem. HK is full of teachers, lawyers and bankers from overseas when there is local talent available as well. Sure there is a need for at least some foreigners but it is a pretty easy process for companies to 'convince' the immigration dept that they are needed. I am sure the government will find it hard to agree with CX if they say that there are not enough locals with the right stuff.

Fly747
17th Nov 2010, 06:31
Yes, but work permits are for those who bring needed skills to HKG like trained and experienced teachers, nurses etc. Cadets by definition don't have those skills and need to be "trained" in Adelaide. Such jobs and training should be offered to HKID holders first. It is in exchange for that training that they are not getting housing and other allowances. I can see the Gov's point.

sirhcttarp
17th Nov 2010, 08:58
So what are these iCadets doing then in the mean time? Since they're hired internationally, are they getting paid allowances? Are they being put up in accommodation? Or are they scrounging the streets of sham shui po?

That definitely raises questions on what CX is doing in terms of getting them housing??!?

broadband circuit
17th Nov 2010, 09:03
Or are they scrounging the streets of sham shui po?

Half their luck, it could be worse, they could be at the Headland Hotel.

iMad
17th Nov 2010, 18:37
Any actual iCadets care to share? Or are you all still starry-eyed and brain-washed by the graduation ceremony to realize you've just landed a raw deal?

This Immigration Dept situation, it could take some time to solve, are u being put up somewhere? got given a housing allowance? or sent back to home countries?

come on guys, a lot is hanging on what you're getting, give us a clue.

soskipper
17th Nov 2010, 23:36
Send them all back to Ade then bring them here again after minimum of 10 years instructing. They will be experiecned expats on local terms. Problem solved.

G_Orwell
18th Nov 2010, 00:12
No facts from cadet's side yet!
A lot of sarcasm for the company, while we haven't heard about their actions.
Hope you are wrong... for their (icadets) sake!

OldChinaHand
21st Nov 2010, 11:00
One would have thought that prior to sending the icadets to ADL, the company would have run the scheme by the Immigration Dept. After all the myriad of pages on the application form requesting details of training and experience are there for a reason. Immigration cannot just roll over and give in on this because it sets precedent for all employers in the SAR. I cannot see a quick fix on this. Tough for the cadets involved though. Well planned and executed PNL.:ugh:

Harbour Dweller
21st Nov 2010, 11:20
Seems CX have dug their way out of another one.

iCadets have apparently been granted work visas.

crewsunite
21st Nov 2010, 12:06
Expect business to continue to improve & ours lives becoming under more control of these power & control freaks which Swire seems to enjoy working with.

BusyB
23rd Nov 2010, 08:16
Interview video

YouTube - Cadet Pilot Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytNbMceYrtk)

bellcrank88
23rd Nov 2010, 13:01
Well Done!! Now that's almost as funny as Toss Parker.

Flaps10
23rd Nov 2010, 13:18
BusyB you have got to post that in every topic in the Wannabe's forum. I was just reading through some of their posts and I can't believe the ignorance. They'd be better off (and probably a lot happier) working at McDonalds in their home countries than coming to HK under the new C scale conditions. :ugh: