PDA

View Full Version : 13th month...

elgringo
16th Nov 2010, 10:23
13 month is good...

however, this is interesting...

"the average salary increase for 2011 has also been announced. We aim to send individual notifications via GroupWise to Hong Kong-based Cabin Crew and Ground Staff regarding their 2011 salary before the Christmas holiday."

What about us?

elgringo
16th Nov 2010, 10:26
just saw RH's message..

iMad
16th Nov 2010, 10:28
that all depends on how you define "progress".

flyingkiwi
16th Nov 2010, 10:29
same as last year and the year before and the year before that. i hope we tack this extra 4-5% onto the negotiations

joebanana
16th Nov 2010, 14:23
Not forgetting that only about 50% of pilots get the 13th month. And don't give me that crap about it already being in my salary - CX pays the market rate for the job (their words not mine).

In a time of record profit we get an extra 1 week profit share which equates to less than 2% of my salary. How generous...:yuk:

Pogie
16th Nov 2010, 16:04
I think that you meant to say "not to mention that 50% of the pilots need to rely on the company's discretion to bring them to par with the based pilot's salaries."

JoeShmoe
16th Nov 2010, 18:23
I think that you meant to say "not to mention that 50% of the pilots need to rely on the company's discretion to bring them to par with the based pilot's salaries."

You guys have really sucked in the company line on this one haven't you?:D

We all know that the 13 month was eliminated back in '99 for based crew in return for a pay rise that should of been payed anyways....the company just got it (the pay rise) for free instead. They would have done it here in HK if they could have pulled it off.

Wake up and realize the company will always degrade your/our conditions and use any excuse for it.:*

joebanana
16th Nov 2010, 20:23
I guess the point is that we are all being screwed in one way or another. Is there any demographic group amongst the pilots that hasn't been shafted over the years?

If nothing else unifies us, we do at least have that in common!

elgringo
17th Nov 2010, 06:31
What SHOULD unify ALL of US is a 35% pay raise across the board. From Number 1 to the bottom guy on the list... A Scale, B Scale, Freighter, Cos 99, Cos 08, even MANAGEMENT PILOTS... ALL should get a raise. Forget the other stuff... Money should be NUMBER 1 on the list, everything else is crap which the company throws at us to cause a diversion.

EVERY PILOT, SHOULD STAND BEHIND A 35% RAISE...PERIOD END OF DEBATE, END OF STORY.

main_dog
17th Nov 2010, 09:17
What SHOULD unify ALL of US is a 35% pay raise across the board. From Number 1 to the bottom guy on the list...

I'll second that!

Bob Hawke
18th Nov 2010, 00:37
RH is going for a 3rd inflammatory missive.. He's got style in getting the message across that pilots ain't worth shiet!

gjanf
24th Nov 2010, 06:28
Joebanana - it's at least an extra 3 weeks' profit share, not one.

Regards.