PDA

View Full Version : Light Jet Block Hours

ZoedR
15th Nov 2010, 15:46
I have a friend interested in purchasing 100 block hours for flights within and from the UK up to 3 flying hours.

He's looking for something like a CJ3, his route seems obvious to me; NetJets, but I said I would check out alternatives if any exist?!

Can anyone provide advice on this?

Many thanks

CaptainProp
15th Nov 2010, 17:36
I think most charter companies with aircraft based in UK would be interested in making offers to someone asking for 100 hrs. TAG, VistaJet, Hangar 8, LEA, ExecuJet, GAMA etc etc.

An email specifying size of aircraft, reaction time required, "main" airport of departure etc should result in offers.

CP

hawker750
15th Nov 2010, 17:48
sounds like a phishing trip to me

bingofuel
15th Nov 2010, 20:11
Why buy block hours when you can call a broker and get an aircraft within a few hours.
I think you will find there are many under utilised small jets available at very competitve rates.

Phil Brockwell
16th Nov 2010, 07:39
Zoe,

Can I make a suggestion - get some quotes on suitable aircraft from charter companies - divide the cost by the duration of the live sectors (block time) that will give you a direct comparison to the block hour programmes.

If your client flies regularly from a specific destination / destinations, then almost certainly it will be more cost effective to use charter over block hours - In my calculations, unless your client wants to be able to call on an aircraft with a guaranteed availability within 12 hours it's cheaper to charter.

I have a client who used to buy 100 hours of block, they now buy 25 hours from a block hour provider with a good refund policy and only use them when we have no availability. So far they haven't used any of their block hours, but have them for piece of mind.

Sorry, don't have CJ3's, but if they would slum it in a CJ2 I'd be happy to give you some cost comparisons if one of our bases is suitable for them?

Phil

ZoedR
16th Nov 2010, 08:36
Hawker, may I suggest that if you haven't got anything constructive or helpful to say then say nothing.

ZoedR
16th Nov 2010, 08:42
Thanks everyone for your help and advice I will come back to each of your via PM.

Best regards

Zoe

hawker750
16th Nov 2010, 10:59
Zoed
As a new boy I suggest you have not yet learned the nuances and subtleties of this forum. It is not as serious as you may think. Perhaps I forgot the file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Simon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg;)
on my original post. ;);)file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Simon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Simon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Simon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Simon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Simon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

ZoedR
16th Nov 2010, 16:54
Firstly I'm a girl, the clue is in my name Zoe, everyone else picked that up, secondly no idea what all those hieroglyphs are meant to mean.
In my world we welcome new people and don't attempt to patronise them by referring to them as new boy, looks like you're from the old school.

fernytickles
17th Nov 2010, 02:42
Zoe - :ok:

JetBroker
17th Nov 2010, 21:42
Well done Zoe! There's fire in that girl!

757hopeful
17th Nov 2010, 21:53
Hahahaha GO GIRL!!

Kerling-Approsh KG
24th Nov 2010, 20:04
Zoe, did you get my PM?