PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick

MrBrightside
15th Nov 2010, 15:25
Have my initial Class one medical on Wednesday and was just wondering would anyone be kind enough as to share their experiences of the whole day? I have read through previos posts but would like some up to date information on the process. What did everybody wear? How long did it take etc. Good/bad experience?

Thanks in advance.
MB

florin_el
15th Nov 2010, 17:32
No need to wear anything special, T-shirt, pullover will do just fine. The only time when they will request that you undress is to check the lungs, heart function, reflexes, etc, physiological checks and obviously to see if you have to real arms. It was not required to remove the pants.

I went in at 8:30, at 12:00 I was already in the canteen, for a wonderful lunch.
Visitors parking has only 3 places right in front of the reception.

All process was very smoothly, everyone is very polite and helpful. It would help to fill in all the forms before your visit (even if on the form is written that you should fill in the personal data witnessed by their personnel).

Once the forms are with the reception and they identify you (passport, ID), someone will pick you up from the waiting room for the first set of tests. There were 3 rounds of tests, this is what I remember:
1. urine, blood, eye test 1, audiometry
2. lung function (capacity and speed), physiology exams
3. eye test 2, repeated lung function (machine needed calibration)

You receive the certificate immediately after.

I recommend the steak from the restaurant at the top floor.

Have fun.

tolisshow
17th Nov 2010, 19:06
@florin_el
1. urine, blood, eye test 1, audiometry

Hiya,
when you say blood you mean a full blood essay concerning cholesterol,sugar,protein test or just a finger prick for haemoglobin?
i run this test 3 years ago and now needs revalidation from the beginning(initial class 1 again).i would be curious to know if things have changed so much

florin_el
18th Nov 2010, 05:13
...indeed just a small drop of blood shared for 2 small machines. One for haemoglobin and other for cholesterol.