PDA

View Full Version : HRH Flt Lt Wales at Bastion

London Eye
15th Nov 2010, 07:34
It was great to see the heir to the throne at Bastion yesterday, he really does seem to have a natural and relaxed way with people that is missing in the generation above him. Perhaps he might persuade Kate to change his TRF from Household Division to RAF now though, we aren't the AAC yet:}. Seriously though, well done to all involved in the ceremonials everywhere yesterday; immaculate as ever and a fitting tribute to those that we have lost over the years.

Grumpy106
15th Nov 2010, 08:18
Anyone know why CDS wasn't in uniform at the Albert Hall on Sat night? Struck me as a bit odd.

Background Noise
15th Nov 2010, 09:33
Uniform is not worn by those in the audience at that event.

Whenurhappy
15th Nov 2010, 09:34
The Service chiefs never do wear uniform to the Service. It is, after all, a 'cvilian act of remebrance'. The uniforms on the stage.

Grumpy106
15th Nov 2010, 10:20
Ok, thanks

Tankertrashnav
15th Nov 2010, 11:07
Would have been up to Dimbleby to explain who CDS was - but I thought he was on poor form with several slips, including saying Prince Philip passed out of Dartmouth just before the First World War! Oh well, we're all allowed a bad day I suppose.

Agree about William - comes across as a really genuine bloke - as does Harry. Products of a broken marriage don't always go to the bad!

airborne_artist
15th Nov 2010, 11:55
Agree about William - comes across as a really genuine bloke - as does Harry!

In that respect they are very much their mother's sons, who was truly superb at the people business.

snagged1
15th Nov 2010, 12:02
@ Airborne Artist
"In that respect they are very much their mother's sons, who was truly superb at the people business. "

I would say that their father has done a superb job of raising them as well...

Wander00
15th Nov 2010, 13:25
For the ignorant, what does the TLA "TRF" mean?

diginagain
15th Nov 2010, 13:28
Tactical Recognition Flash.

Wander00
15th Nov 2010, 13:44
Ahh, many thanks. Did not need them in my day - RAF wore blue, Army wore brown or green DPM.

ian16th
15th Nov 2010, 13:51
Errrr....

Shouldn't that be : Flt. Lt. HRH Wales at Bastion?

Military rank always preceded any titles in my day.

Mind you, it was never a personal problem :)

airborne_artist
15th Nov 2010, 15:09
Did not need them in my day - RAF wore blue, Army wore brown or green DPM.

Which only leaves the Senior Service, who'd be easy to recognise due their style, bearing and OLQs :E

Vie sans frontieres
15th Nov 2010, 15:15
Which only leaves the Senior Service, who'd be easy to recognise due their style, bearing and OLQs

and funny walk:eek:

diginagain
15th Nov 2010, 15:33
Horizontal stripes - never a good look.

Trim Stab
15th Nov 2010, 17:06
Agree about William - comes across as a really genuine bloke - as does Harry. Products of a broken marriage don't always go to the bad!

Both of them are a real credit to the services and the Royal family, but Harry always seems to have more natural banter with the troops than William.

Possibly because he has even fewer O-levels than most of them!

Whenurhappy
15th Nov 2010, 18:19
Trim stab - isn't that because of the military service that Harry's father had?:rolleyes:

Tankertrashnav
15th Nov 2010, 18:37
Don't forget their dapper suits.

Harsh, Really annoyed, very harsh :=

But very funny ;)

Union Jack
15th Nov 2010, 20:44
It was great to see the heir to the throne at Bastion yesterday

Not merely great, but absolutely bloody amazing, considering that he was in Whitehall at 1100 .....:E

Jack

PS Delighted that Flight Lieutenant Wales made to Bastion - now that is great!:ok:

TheWizard
15th Nov 2010, 21:35
It looks like HRH has volunteered to do a Christmas stint as well. Wonder what Granny will say?!!
Prince William to miss Sandringham Christmas after volunteering at RAF Valley | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1329545/Prince-William-miss-Sandringham-Christmas-volunteering-RAF-Valley.html?)

Good for him if true.

Whenurhappy
15th Nov 2010, 21:36
Granny knows the rules...Service before Self.

Well done, a jolly good egg by all accounts.

Tashengurt
15th Nov 2010, 21:42
I've said it before on PPRUNE. No royalist me but these princes are clearly determined to have as normal and worthwhile careers as their position allows. Hats off to them for that.

alfred_the_great
15th Nov 2010, 21:46
Plus doing Xmas duty means you miss the inevitable after lunch row over something utterly insignificant.

However in my case as Xmas OOD, we did flood quite a large section of a Type 23 instead....

Trim Stab
16th Nov 2010, 08:02
I wonder if any journos/paparazzi might accidentally get "lost" on Mt Snowdon on Xmas day, now that his rosta is known?

vecvechookattack
16th Nov 2010, 09:31
It was great to see the heir to the throne at Bastion yesterday

Bearing in mind that the Heir to the (British) Throne is always called the Prince of Wales and bearing in mind that his father is 62 and still waiting, Prince William may have some time to wait yet.

I wonder if any journos/paparazzi might accidentally get "lost" on Mt Snowdon on Xmas day, now that his rosta is known?

I did wonder about the sense in the Palace releasing when and where he will be on watch.... Bit of a security cock up ?