PDA

View Full Version : Cant down load Anti Virus

Ejector
15th Nov 2010, 03:21
Trying to down load some antivirus programs, and during the download getting this message.

(name of destination folder) could be saved, because the source file could not be read.
try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Slasher
15th Nov 2010, 06:41
Could be overloaded host server?
Firewall?
Peerblock?
Virus script preventing it being downloaded?

Mike-Bracknell
15th Nov 2010, 09:29
Trying to down load some antivirus programs, and during the download getting this message.

(name of destination folder) could be saved, because the source file could not be read.
try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Anyone got any suggestions?

All of the above, plus - temporary issue with the website you're dealing with - try a new source?

BOAC
15th Nov 2010, 11:18
Why not post the download urls here and we will let you know about 1) ?

That will leave you with 2), 3) and 4):)

Ejector
19th Nov 2010, 23:27
Thanks for the reply, in the interest of others, here are my results.

Have you tried downloading eset from the manufacturer instead of from a shareware site ?
Yes, Tried that, no luck.

I also tried another computer on the same internet connection, that down load worked, (I could have just used that file maybe on to the other machine in hind site), so that indicated it was a particular computer issue.

Usually a Trojan causing this. The detectors are generally smart enough to know that you are trying to kill them and know to look for the files with that name... try changing the name of the DOWLNOAD AS to something totally retarded and them rename it after it's downloaded to something like bobby.msi

This worked. :D

Thanks for the replies :ok:

EDIT: I did have 2 Trojans, NOD32 picked up after the download, AVG free did not pick them up. But Eset NOD32 is only free for 1 month then cough up the coin.

hellsbrink
20th Nov 2010, 06:38
Ejector, download Avira antivirus. Totally free and is regularly rated as one of the best (normally beating pay-software like Norton and McAfee).

I use it and have never had a problem, is also not a resource hog like some others, even free ones, are. Biggest issue I have with it is a nag screen telling you to pay for it when you do an update.