View Full Version : Cost of fuel for these aircraft?

Elexis
14th Nov 2010, 22:50
Hello, I hope that this is the correct area to post this, of all the categories, to me this looked the most fitting.

I was looking into different aircraft that a friend and a flight club owner wish to purchase and share between us, me being 17 I have nowhere near enough money to put shares towards the aircraft they wish to buy, but the club owner is so kind that he told me I could go in the aircraft whenever it is not in use and has time as long as I can pay for the fuel at the time. My application with the Royal Navy as a pilot was sadly declined, so with my desire to fly a jet I willingly accepted the offer. The aircraft he was looking at are:

BAC 167 Strikemaster
BAC MK5A Provost
L-29 Delfín
L-39 Albatros
Hawker Hunter

These were the aircraft his had listed. I had searched the internet for prices on Fuel and how much it would cost to run the aircraft for about an hour at a time but had no luck, it is more than likely that I was just not looking hard enough. For some reason I feel ruse asking but I was hoping somebody would be able to give me an estimated cost to run these aircraft for an hour at a time if that isn't too much to ask.

Thanks for your time. :)

411A
15th Nov 2010, 00:35
L-39 Albatros

I can only help with this one.
A friend of mine owns one and he has stated it consumed 155 USGallons/hr
So, with jet fuel here at $4.30/USGallon, the total fuel cost would be... US$667/hr.

Elexis
15th Nov 2010, 01:50
That's great thanks a lot for that info :)

TEEEJ
15th Nov 2010, 02:39
Hi Elexis,

Try contacting Hawker Hunter Aviation for Hunter info.

Hawker Hunter Aviation Home (http://www.hunterteam.com/main.htm)

TJ

TEEEJ
15th Nov 2010, 02:46
Team Viper (http://www.teamviperdisplay.com/)

Team Viper for Strikemaster and Hunter info.

TJ

Opsbeatch
15th Nov 2010, 08:30
Did someone utter my name??!!

Where are they based and I'll let you know how much a litre/USG it'll be...

OB

chiglet
15th Nov 2010, 23:23
Now me... being stoopid. alwaiys thought Jet Fuel was calculated in weight...aka Lbs or Kgs
Or has it changed?

spannersatcx
15th Nov 2010, 23:50
it is but we uplift in litres/gallons/usgallons from the fuel bowsers, then convert based on the sg of the fuel.

lightning_lad
16th Nov 2010, 10:53
There is a flying Hunter listed on eBay at the moment, £95000, and lists the fuel cost as £1200 per 1/2 hour.