PDA

View Full Version : Air France go-around. Tel-Aviv.

Flyingmac
14th Nov 2010, 22:09
AFR2220 Paris to TLV. Went round from short final just after midnight local time. Like to know what caused it as my wife was on board and I was having kittens.

One Outsider
15th Nov 2010, 00:00
she doesn't know the reason for the go-around, which is why I've asked the question. The reason was that it was the safest course of action. As it is with any go around. A go around is not a near death experience or a drama of similar magnitude. It is nothing more than a take off that just happens to take place while in the air. Should you be disappointed by this I am sure someone will be along soon to tell tales of how death was cheated at the very last moment.

TightSlot
15th Nov 2010, 07:18
Guys - If anybody can help this man and answer his question, please do so - without the tedious BS that I have just deleted!

Flyingmac
15th Nov 2010, 08:21
Thanks for the deletion TightSlot. There are some annoying oiks out there.
I'd been monitoring this flight and spotted this occurence almost as it happened. My wife called me from the terminal and said she'd been fed some B... S... by the crew regarding the reason for it. Most of her flying is done from the right seat and most of mine from the left. Hence my question being posted in Rumours and News and not SLF.(Your move).

If they simply got it wrong then fine, but after several thousand landings myself I'm not in need of a lecture on missed approaches.

No_Speed_Restriction
16th Nov 2010, 07:11
Hi,

I know that TLV is experiencing some fog at the moment. If the go-around was caused due to low viz and no further attempts were made to land then she would have diverted to Ovda.