PDA

View Full Version : Crete

Charley
13th Nov 2010, 23:03
Not sure whether this one belongs here or in Night Stops, but I'll try here.

For a twin TP aircraft heading from Europe to the Middle East planning to nightstop in Crete, is there one airport there significantly better than the other (Heraklion vs. Souda)? Operationally speaking, is one better geared towards GA or are they both much the same?

Crew only, no pax, and we don't need any frills -- just no-nonsense fuel, parking, filing etc. First dest the following day will be Egypt, if that matters.

Never been to Crete so have no prior knowledge. :ok:

NuName
14th Nov 2010, 02:00
Done Heraklion many times, no prob at all, not done the other one though.

500 above
14th Nov 2010, 10:22
I believe Heraklion is the only international airport now. We use Euro Aviation there +302103534003. Tiger Aviation is the cheapest handler in Egypt, better than Zas/Z Aviation (have extensively used both) Greek fuel is very expensive.

hawker750
14th Nov 2010, 13:21
Heraklion OK but I think expensive Best route would be Rhodes. There are no landing fees there and you can self handle if you want or €100 to Goldair. Nice hotels 5 minutes away on the beach. Try and avoid Egypt. It is easy but expensive

lear60fellow
14th Nov 2010, 13:52
Heraklion is perfect, I use Signature and very professional. There is a hotel at downtown where Aegean crews stop, nice and free internet,