PDA

View Full Version : No Overseas Night Instruction ?

Captain Stravaigin
13th Nov 2010, 11:44
A quick question about my FI (R) rating. I just had the No Night Restriction removed. I am also a CRI (A).

My Question is if I have the equivalent Instructor Rating for any given country (in my case Malaysia) are there any restrictions that I should be aware of when giving Night Instruction in a non G registered aircraft for the purposes of a CAA Night Qualification ?

Clearly I would also need the approval of the Club/Facility I am instructing with, but are there any European Regulations I need to be wary of ?

Grateful for any guidance on this.

Whopity
13th Nov 2010, 16:09
Instruction for a JAA night qualification must be conducted at a JAA Registered Facility or an approved FTO. As a FI(R) you would need to be supervised by a JAA FI and the training conducted at such a facility for it to be acceptable for the issue of a UK/JAA night qualification.

Captain Stravaigin
13th Nov 2010, 22:59
Thx Whopity - I kind of guessed you would be the one to reply to this !

I may try asking the CAA if they would approve my Flying Club in MY - but I suspect that this would be a very long shot indeed.

Whopity
14th Nov 2010, 10:55
You would need to do lots of training to cover the cost and with EASA just around the corner, I doubt that they would even contemplate another overseas approval.