PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus now recruiting Direct Entry F/O's

cedarkey
11th Nov 2010, 21:48
Recruitment ad for Direct Entry F/O's just posted on Aer Lingus website. Scroll to bottom of home page of aerlingus.com, to "About Aer Lingus". Closing date December 10th. Good luck.

Oliv
12th Nov 2010, 10:28
Hello,

thanks for the info. Any idea of what the screening process is made of?

Thanks

Dougle Mcguire
13th Nov 2010, 21:11
Anybody having trouble entering their details on the online application form???

Hamid_27
13th Nov 2010, 21:41
Thanks for the Info.

Hey Dougle Mcguire, I printed it out, inked in the blanks, scanned it, then emailed it:8

drfaust
14th Nov 2010, 15:12
Hope they don't get a flood with type-rated people on the 320, which is to be expected I guess.

As far as the application goes, I've simply edited the pdf with an application called Nitro PDF Professional and added all my entries in a redish colour. Thought it would keep things neat and speed up the process.

I'm really curious what the timeframe is for this application, how many they will need, where they will need the most, how the selection procedure looks like, etc. If the info on ppjn is anything to go by it seems like a fair old school interview + simride and psychometric questions. No austronaut exams like DLR or something similar.

If anybody has any news, my eyes are peeled.

sp33dfr33k
15th Nov 2010, 10:23
Anyone got a clue what F/E and I/R time is exactly? As far as I could work out, F/E is flight engineer (?) and could only have a stab in the dark with I/R.

If someone could set me straight I'd much appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

INNflight
15th Nov 2010, 12:11
I'd say I/R is probably instrument time, but may also stand for "Instructor Rating"?

Don't flame me, I haven't seen the actual form.

pacrion
15th Nov 2010, 13:59
Applicants who hold a current A320 type-rating or have multi-crew commercial experience will be given priority.

I haven't even applied with this requirement. If its like FR, they will give priority to the Irish / British citizens. Think its a waste of time for cadets like me filling in that form. What do you think guys?

Cheers!

Nearly There
15th Nov 2010, 14:34
I haven't even applied with this requirement. If its like FR, they will give priority to the Irish / British citizens. Think its a waste of time for cadets like me filling in that form. What do you think guys?
When you say cadet, what licence do you have...if its a fATPL then APPLY, what chance have you got if you cant be bothered to spend 20 mins filling in a form...:ugh:

timzsta
15th Nov 2010, 14:53
Pacrion - for gods sake apply! Make it their problem to deal with your application, rather than it being a problem for you as to whether you think you should apply!

tomcs
15th Nov 2010, 15:10
F/E is flight Engineer and I/R is Instrument time.

pacrion
15th Nov 2010, 17:17
Thank you! I'll do it for you... haha
The using of "Cadet" was 235 hours total time, (f)ATPL, IR, ME, MCC and English Proficiency. Without any type rating & line experience.

archer_737
15th Nov 2010, 19:21
Hi all!

Some info about conditions, pay scale..? I've found some Aer Lingus PDF on the net, something about 40kGBP per year for a 1st year F/O.
Guess full insurances as loss of license, etc, right?

They say also will give some priority to a320 guys, and to people with Multi Crew commercial experience (I'm around 1300hrs on 737NG). What about the TR? Guess they give it to you and you sign a bond, how long is it?

Thank you!

MCDU2
16th Nov 2010, 07:07
The year 1 FO salary WAS 57,888.20EUR on the latest payscale. I say was because last year when the company was allegedly going bust each and every pilot had their salary reduced by 10% across the board and salary frozen. The most junior FO's were hit the hardest as their current salary is actually less than when they first started 4-5 years ago.

On top of salary you will get sector pay of approximately €8-10k per annum. During summer we were all working our butts off and sector pay cheques were around €1k per month. I don't expect this to continue through the winter as the flying programme is reduced and also with all of the training that will be going on. sector pay is tax free in your hands. My understanding is that the company pays any tax due to the Revenue before you get it.

There is also a thing called variable performance pay. Basically you took the hours you flew in a year less a threshold multiplied by the applicable rate for an FO and hey presto. It was taxable but generally in a good year you got a cheque for about €8-10k paid just before Xmas. Whenever there is a lot of training going on your hours get reduced as sectors will be freed up which hits you in your back pocket. This could be in the form of 330 people coming back onto the A320 or newbies joining the company or any other host of variables such as volcanic ash. BUT there are plans afoot to give back performance pay to the company in return for the increments on our salary scale had we not been frozen. Remember that the final salary is predicated on funnily enough your final salary. Having this frozen has a negative impact on your pension as it reduces the amount being paid by AL into the fund. Hence why the union has been so keen to get the annual salary increments back.

There are no loss of licence or any other add ons such as company medical insurance that most other companies pay. We do in DUB and ORK have a final salary pension scheme although who knows what will happen to that in the future. It is currently under funded and we are working longer till retirement. There is also talk of a pension cap. There is a pension regulator in Ireland who has enormous powers and can change the nature of the scheme should he so wish. No one knows what the future will hold in that regard.

I suggest that you find an online tax calculator to work out what your take home could possibly be. Remember the country is effectively bankrupt and there will be the mother of all budgets coming in the next month or so and probably more pain. If you want to live miles away from Dublin then you will probably find the salary okay but if you intend to live within close proximity to the airport in a nice area then expect to pay through the nose and not save anything.

archer_737
16th Nov 2010, 09:24
Thanks MCDU2 for the information!

My contract with my current company finishes on April next year, and I'm just starting to look for some jobs.

My first option until now was Middle East. They pay good, good conditions... but maybe the life there is a little bit difficult.

Until I saw that. AE could be nice, but I'm not changing my mind if the job offer is not attractive, sure!

slav4o1
16th Nov 2010, 13:47
F/E I think it is Flight Examiner time rather than Flight Engineer ..It doesnt make sense otherwise

glide_approach
18th Nov 2010, 22:34
A couple of questions for anyone who has heard back from AL:
====
1) Outside of specific requirements AL gave on their website, did they seem to be looking for anything else in particular in terms of training, ATPL results and the like?

2) For anyone who has got the nod, did you complete a modular or integrated course of training?

3) Did they give any indication on the number of cadets which they hope to take on in this round? desperatepilot mentioned a figure of 50 above - is that accurate?

4) Was there any indication of basing once training has been completed?

5) Did they give any indication of future recruitment plans - if they envisage this type of programme as being annual/bi-annual/something that's never going to be seen again in your lifetime? (I'm hoping to have the ME/IR and MCC done around April 2011, unfortunately not ready yet.)

Thanks for the replies and best of luck to anyone with an application in.

MCDU2
19th Nov 2010, 12:50
I would suggest a simple google search to give you a background into the ELP. Then a call to the UK CAA who presumably issued your licences and ratings.

darkroomsource
20th Nov 2010, 05:56
Maybe this isn't the right place for this, but what is a fATPL?
I get that it's a frozen ATPL, but what does frozen mean? How can you have an ATPL with only 250 hours? Is it the same as an FAA Commercial?
If so, can an FAA commercial be converted to an fATPL?

-Andy

MerNion
20th Nov 2010, 09:59
@darkroomsource: http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-182347.html

GrkPilot
20th Nov 2010, 13:48
Just curious what are the chances of getting the Washington Dulles base if you are able to live and work in the United States? I have a USA and European passport.
I am currently working for a European airline but wouldn't mind heading back the the US.
I am not type rated on the Airbus but I have 2000+ hours of 4 engine jet time. Thanks in advance.

SolentFlyer
20th Nov 2010, 15:55
darkroomsource,

A frozen ATPL is simply a CPL/IR and MCC. It is not an actual licence, just a name given to describe this particular stage in your training, and therefore the bare minimum to be deemed recruitable as a First Officer by airlines in Europe.

The ATPL becomes 'un-frozen' when you achieve 1500 Hrs, 100 night hours, 500 multi-crew hours and several other factors, including having passed an ATPL skills test (usually in conjuction with an LPC/OPC in the sim).

Hope that's helpful.

Regards, SF.

darkroomsource
21st Nov 2010, 06:44
Thanks for the info.

Guernott
21st Nov 2010, 13:25
Hi all!

Does someone know the selection process?

I read that we have an interview, following by a simulator screening on A320 and then psychometric tests. Do you have more information?

Cheers

Guernott

harry-seaside
21st Nov 2010, 15:56
Does anyone heard something from mr lingus?
and how long did it take untill you heard anything?

Grtz

CHIPIFLY
21st Nov 2010, 20:17
Hi guys

Anyone knows if the recruitment process is like Ryanair´s assesment (interview and sim check) or is more like written exams, interview and sim check.:confused:

And where the assesment will take place. Dublin or England.
Where was it last time??

Thanks

irishone
22nd Nov 2010, 13:11
Chipifly it's 3 stage process as far as I am aware interview, simcheck on 320 and then psych testing.
Interviews take place in Dublin, and as far as I am aware they have already started...

undertherainbow
22nd Nov 2010, 17:14
@ irishone: are you sure? the closing date is december 10...

SW1
22nd Nov 2010, 17:30
Thats what I want to know!!! They cant have picked everyone they want to interview at this stage, correct me if im wrong:confused:

irishone
22nd Nov 2010, 18:03
Well there was interviews today anyway for sure, I don't know if it was the first day of them or not.
I'd say they are interviewing as they go as someone said.

Luke SkyToddler
23rd Nov 2010, 00:52
Daily Telegraph is reporting that the Irish government will be selling their stake in Aer Lingus as part of the financial bail out ...

I suggest that this thread should be merged with the "Joining Ryanair all you wish to know about it" thread :eek:

Herc708
23rd Nov 2010, 07:33
It is likely that a bidding war will erupt for EI as some of the other players will want EI - BA / AF etc. It is a nice fit for some of the legacy carriers and will have a lot to offer

Depends if FR can block the sale with their shareholding

EI as a job looks good at the moment. It will be paid well, good pension, retire at 60, and if you have made any money in the sandpit you can pick up a nice detached home in North Dublin for cash. You will have missed the boom / bust and can take part as the country deals with the massive hangover it has got

Superpilot
23rd Nov 2010, 08:43
Ireland to request bailout package from European Union - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/8149671/Ireland-to-request-bailout-package-from-European-Union.html)

It seems the sale of some state assets will be included in the measures. These may include the government's 25pc stake in Aer Lingus, the national carrier, as well as its National Lottery licence and the country's separate gas and electricity boards.

Pure guesswork at the moment

26th Nov 2010, 18:37
Any of you guys know what the roster/working week is like in Aer Lingus?

Also whats the average day like, sector wise, and overnights?

Cheers!

Guernott
26th Nov 2010, 19:29
Hi all!!

Sorry, I have no idea about the roster...

Did anyone receive an email or a call from Aer Lingus??
I applied for F/O direct entry 14 days ago, and I'm still waiting...

Cheers

pilot790
29th Nov 2010, 15:32
Any body want to link up and practice A320 flows and procedures in Yorkshire area ??

SW1
29th Nov 2010, 17:11
Pilot790,

Have you been contacted by Shamrock regarding an interview? Im still waiting

pahwa1989
29th Nov 2010, 17:28
hello ppl,
is there any vacancy of pilot in aer lingus? if yes, then how to apply? pls help

adverse-bump
29th Nov 2010, 17:35
pahwa1989 on the application form it says you must be able to write and speak english, judging by what you have put you dont qualify!

FlyingSerb
29th Nov 2010, 21:39
called them today to check if my application arrived, since i sended it by mail. It did, and got a reference number, we'll see what happens now.

Anybody already called up?

k992511
30th Nov 2010, 00:13
any of the pilots from the holding pool fron Jan last year been called up? Waiting nervously.

pahwa1989
30th Nov 2010, 05:41
in my 1 line sentence, u saw my english qualification? amazing u r....

MCDU2
30th Nov 2010, 10:19
Your handle says you are in India. Do you have the right to live and work in the EU? If not then you won't be getting a call as there will be many thousands of wannabe pilots from across the EU that fulfil the immigration criteria.

Superpilot
30th Nov 2010, 11:37
When I call one of those call centres that you all seem to work in, why do you pretend to have English names, like Bob!

The honest answer if I may?

Because pompous British bosses force them to use English names that's why!

irishone
30th Nov 2010, 13:58
Adverse it was more than likely when you said "when I call one of those call centres that you all seem to work in".
Obviously you were dragged up rather than raised with manners and a bit of cop on.

dublindispatch
30th Nov 2010, 14:28
And we can all understand a broad Cork accent in ireland can we!!!!!! NO i thought not!

SW1
1st Dec 2010, 15:52
Anyone had an invite as of yet?

cessnagirl
2nd Dec 2010, 05:23
Got an interview for december 13th. Has anyone got any idea what sort of questions they're asking as I've never been for interview with EI before and have no idea what to expect.

Thanks, CG

dan1165
2nd Dec 2010, 08:00
What's ur experience ? ...

Guernott
2nd Dec 2010, 11:09
Did you receive an email or a call? Are you Irish?
And what's your experience?
Thanks

TheOne83
2nd Dec 2010, 12:44
I sent the application a week back or so, will see what happens :)

G-GOLF
2nd Dec 2010, 13:52
I too have sent the application by post, about 2 weeks ago now. Have yet to hear anything, Im just trying to find a phone number to give them a call to confirm they have received it. Doesnt seem to be a number on the website.

Happy Wanderer
2nd Dec 2010, 18:09
Guys, guys....for those of you who haven't dared explored the wonders that is PPRuNe far beyond the Wannabes Forums (hint: it's called 'research'), you really need to be looking at the EI thread on this very subject under the Terms and Endearment' Forum. Lots of the questions being asked here are answered there. EI have quite understandably been inundated with apps for the jobs being advertised. The closing date for apps isn't until Dec 10th or 12th (can't recall which one), so there's really little point in chasing for a response. Just sit tight, and if they want to see you, they'll get in touch :ok:

HW

Polorutz
6th Dec 2010, 08:50
I have also been called for interview, about 650 TT, 400 A319/A320.

Does anyone have experience with the tech side of the interview?

FlyingSerb
6th Dec 2010, 15:56
Polorutz, what was you're reference number?

Polorutz
8th Dec 2010, 09:52
I have no idea what you mean with reference number

FlyingSerb
8th Dec 2010, 12:40
never mind, when I called them to check if my application arrived they gave me a reference number, so I asked yours to check how far they are with calling people.

Ben_Sisko
8th Dec 2010, 23:55
any1 been called for a sim cx? i have 1 soon,i was told it was with sim tech in dub on a320, but looking on website..i cant see that they have 320sim....was hoping to brush up b4hand.....and b4 anyone asks, i'm low houred, applied via email.

Burger81
9th Dec 2010, 09:19
Ben_Sisko

and b4 anyone asks, i'm low houred, applied via email

Would you mind telling us where you trained? Integrated or Mod?

tony2F
9th Dec 2010, 09:19
Ben, I asked simtech a while ago ( about a month) about the A320 and they said it wasnt theres to hire, so obviously its EI's and simtech manage it, so you wont be able to hire it for practice. I'd try some of the other places in London, I recently asked virtual aviation and a few others, I found CTC to be the best deal. But yes the A320 is at simtech.

I have applied to EI also but no word yet, I'm low houred, but honestly mate I'm not that bothered whether they call me or not, as I got another job last week with BMI, so very happy.

the very best of luck to you, let me know how you get on.

Tony

PS the guy I belive to speak to is Mike at CTC, I've never been there but I had my email communication with a girl called Jo.

Ben_Sisko
9th Dec 2010, 10:36
hi tony...
cheers for that info....thought they wouldnt be hiring it out alrite, congrats on the bmi job!
ben

VJW
9th Dec 2010, 10:38
Tony, is that with BMI Baby you got a job?

tony2F
9th Dec 2010, 11:46
Thanks, no it's Regional. I am rated on the 320 only cause I got a job with an Asian company and got shafted, but the ERJ looks lovely and its a nice start, so couldnt be happier. I'll not hold my breath on the call from EI anyway!!!!

VJW
9th Dec 2010, 12:09
Hope you didnt pay for the 320 before you got shafted. Guess you don't have to pay for the ERJ rating do you?

punk666
10th Dec 2010, 04:12
You havent got an ATPL only a CPL

Token Bird
10th Dec 2010, 11:22
TwoTone-7, they are asking for the expiry date of your licence. Since the IR is not a licence, it's a rating, they must mean the expiry date of your CPL. In the same section they also ask for the date of your last MEIR. This will then mean they then have all the information they need.

Anyway, I fear I am too late with this advice as the application procedure is now closed. Did the applications have to be received by noon?

Coffin Corner
10th Dec 2010, 17:04
Token Bird

Yes mate, noon today.

macflea
10th Dec 2010, 21:23
www.aerlingus.com/coporate/BFSPilot_pay_And_conditions.pdf

hi guys , out of curiosity , i googled aer lingus salary came across this pdf to new recruits, would this be a fair reflection of salaries.

cheers macflea

bluk
11th Dec 2010, 05:14
hi macflea,
unfortunately, link is broken or they delete this file

MCDU2
12th Dec 2010, 07:04
From the title of the broken link then it would appear to be a salary scale for the BFS base. It may or not be correct. Remember that the T&C's are very different between the ROI and non ROI bases.

flyvirgin
13th Dec 2010, 17:17
I got an email today, saying they are reviewing my application blah blah blah, so fingers crossed :ok:

harry-seaside
13th Dec 2010, 17:27
I got the same email.
5minutes later I got this
(name of the person at aer lingus) would like to recall the message, "".

What does that mean, something wrong with the auto message?
Did you guys got this to?

thnx

_ShIfTy_
13th Dec 2010, 17:34
Yup. Got that recall msg as well.

Shifty

harry-seaside
13th Dec 2010, 17:40
Irish spam ;)

flyvirgin
13th Dec 2010, 17:55
I also got that message, Hopefully we will hear something soon? would be a nice xmas if it was good news

TheOne83
13th Dec 2010, 18:14
same email and recall message.. Best of luck to all!

Patience is a virtue :p

Burger81
13th Dec 2010, 18:52
I also got the same recall message..... i was tempted to reply to that one asking what it mean't...... it didn't say you couldn't reply to that one :}:}

Good luck to all.... lets hope Santa is nice to some of us early :O

kuryus
13th Dec 2010, 19:20
I got an email confirming the receipt of my application saying it was not screened yet almost a month ago. After that I didn't get any more news. :ugh:
Didn't get any recall message though.

Does anybody know if after this much time, there is still any chance of beeing called?
And when do they stop calling people for these available positions? :confused:

Anyway, good luck to us all. Let's hope Santa's nice this year. :D

Skysurfer1
14th Dec 2010, 16:52
I got an email stating my application has been received.

Just wondering what is a recall message??If someone could clarify please.

Thanks

Skysurfer

G-GOLF
14th Dec 2010, 18:15
Got yesterdays confirmation and recall emails, then received another confirmation today. No recall so far. Good luck everyone :ok:

dan1165
14th Dec 2010, 18:17
and another confirmation today , the third one :E !!

Luftibus
15th Dec 2010, 10:16
at least we are not yet out :confused:

dingbat2407
15th Dec 2010, 19:54
I have heard they have already called many pilots already for assessment, does anybody know whether they are still going to be calling people? I only ask as their confirmation email just said thank you for your patience. Will they advise if you have not been successful?

G-GOLF
15th Dec 2010, 20:36
Any idea on the experience level of those pilots who have been called ?

The email also says ''should you meet our criteria we may be back in contact with you.''

Id imagine only those invited for assessment will hear anything more.
Fingers crossed !!

:uhoh:

Ben_Sisko
21st Dec 2010, 17:20
95% percent.....wow thats very percise....

SW1
21st Dec 2010, 18:05
I would like to know how reliable londoncalling2009s source is? Does he work for Lingus? I know guys with a good few hundred hours on the bus flying for EZY that have not hear anything to date...

Ben_Sisko
21st Dec 2010, 19:58
i was being sarcastic by the way;)

Guernott
22nd Dec 2010, 07:43
Hi!!

I have just received a new email to confirm again my application. They gave me a reference number... Anyone else?

Cheers

Jacopilot
22nd Dec 2010, 07:49
No reference number for me at the moment, only 2 confirmation of receipt of the application...what is your experience?

Guernott
22nd Dec 2010, 08:49
A320 Type Rated with 35h on type and 280h total...

Jacopilot
22nd Dec 2010, 10:27
my experience is 1060h on light planes... fingers crossed!

VJW
22nd Dec 2010, 10:47
35hr on type...awww bless...still in line training and applying elsewhere I like it!

Guernott
22nd Dec 2010, 11:47
"My" airline company ceased operations during my line training... :ugh:

VJW
22nd Dec 2010, 12:24
Well I feel bad now, and apologise. I hope you didn't pay for the type rating!

EK4457
27th Dec 2010, 19:05
Mrs-rodge-bless-her,

you must have your wires crossed. Shamrock are an equal opportunities employer. It must be true; it said so on their application form.

macflea
27th Dec 2010, 19:32
i bet you i know of one them as well , well his father , i did mcc course in ireland in early 2008 ,i did all my training in uk and my sim partner did all his in florida and conversion in ireland , captain b from aer lingus quizzed him , he didnt even know this guy , in detail about details and costs etc and said he was going to send his son off to do his flight training in states and trying to do at minimal cost , didny even asked me a single question about training in uk.i bet you he got in. so much for paying top pounds to get the best training to give you a head start , sent in application , no reponse ,400 hours tt. best of luck guys

cTcPilot
27th Dec 2010, 21:15
Ive a mate that did his jaa cpl with naples air centre in florida and his multi ir/mcc with aerodynamics in malaga, spain and he got a job with shamrock.
Just do it cheap as possible I tell young wannabe's anymore!

harry-seaside
28th Dec 2010, 12:33
I am one of those guys with the same (none) experience level.
But I'm not surprised about your story abut shamrock.
This is as old as aviation it self.
It s*cks but if your mommy and daddy know friends in high places....
Unfortunately I’m the only flying-fool in the family.
I had my training in the Netherlands but also flew in the states where I met an Irish guy who payed half, yes HALF, the price of my training. Completed as an FAA-pilot, got the conversion to Irish JAA.
I’m still looking for a job, he has been flying as FO for ryanair for almost a year now.
His dad knows some folks at ryanair…

Mrs-rodge-bless-her
28th Dec 2010, 14:12
Well I have to say that the Ryans, don't like nepotism. I know for a fact it has been said, that if someone comes with a family members cv it is binned.

With regard to AL. These guys obviously will never appreciate the meaning of grafting for a job!

Another point, I am Irish, I applied to BA and then Aerlingus. I have a BA interview! Nada from Aerlingus. So... their loss I suppose!

Aerlingus (insert smiley showing middle finger)

tony2F
28th Dec 2010, 16:10
Guys, this sort of thing goes on everywhere, a little luck helps too. EI have been at this sort of thing since time began and dont kid yourself about ryan, it goes on there too, they can say all they want, but we all know that ryan says one thing and does another. I personnally know guys that got the nod and a wink from ryan. One thing I've learnt about aviation is, dont believe all you hear!

By the way I'm Irish too, have very little experience, havnt had a call either!!

G-GOLF
6th Apr 2011, 01:40
Congrats !

Havent heard a thing myself since applying :bored:

Best of luck to you !

Love_joy
4th May 2011, 15:03
The weird thing is they turned down a number of experienced, high calibre AND Irish guys who are desperate either to go green, or to move nearer home.

These are all guys n gals I'd have come work for me in a heartbeat, I really don't understand it. Especially as other non Irish pilots I know going for interviews are only in it, and I quote, "for the rating".

steeve
10th May 2011, 10:59
I have been called as well.

Up to now, no infos at all: any idea about what they offer or what to expect ?

Steeve

G-GOLF
12th May 2011, 16:27
Folks, take a peek at Aer Lingus Vacancies page !

Applications open again for DE First Officers.

Applied Nov 2010 - Like many, still waiting.

Pleeeease pleaase pleeeeeease haha :ugh:

Coffin Corner
12th May 2011, 16:36
I don't understand why they haven't screened everyone from the last round of recruitment. My CV is clean, it has lots of glass cockpit, multi crew turbine hours too and not even a sniff of an interview. Quite odd considering I hear they were struggling to find suitable candidates. I guess it just depends on their interpretation of "suitable".

NukeHunt
12th May 2011, 22:00
According to the application....

If you have already applied in 2010, there is no requirement to re-apply as we are also continuing to work through existing applications

:hmm:

Coffin Corner
12th May 2011, 22:27
If they haven't screened all the applications from the last batch then why on earth re-advertise? Seems a little odd unless they are coming to the bottom of the pile, in which case my CV must be right at the bottom for some reason.

G-GOLF
12th May 2011, 22:41
I sent mine by post...... I'd say it has since been pulped and recycled :ouch:

Coffin Corner
12th May 2011, 23:45
I did too GOLF. I also had the confirmation email to say they had received it. Did you get the email too?

G-GOLF
13th May 2011, 00:10
Yup I got the confirmation too, about 3/4 weeks later.

Maybe they've left the postal applications until now ! Heres hoping haha...

Im sure I read somewhere on here that they messed up the forecast of recruitment needs.. wonder if thats the reason behind the latest advertisement.

Burger81
13th May 2011, 08:53
I applied online last year with the initial recruitment. Recently i sent an updated CV, fully expecting them to say i couldn't do it, but i got a reply thanking me for my CV and that it would be added to my application. They said that recruitment and the initial screening process was still ongoing and that i would be contacted if found to be suitable!! :sad:

Not holding my breath, but at least it wasn't a PFO..... yet!!!

IAEdude
13th May 2011, 11:33
I applied online last year with the initial recruitment. Recently i sent an updated CV

here the same; after updating my profile :ok:

costas1979
16th May 2011, 16:09
Hi everybody,

Do I need to have a current ME/IFR at the time of application. I fulfill all other requirements, including a320 type rating, except for this. Do you think my application would be regected, even though I am planning to renew in the coming months?

Regards.

costas1979
16th May 2011, 16:57
I have a valid License but my IR and ME have expired

PlanetEarth
16th May 2011, 19:19
Coffin Corner

Did you include your cv/cover letter with your initial application or not? I want to apply but it just seems a little "bare" only sending in the application form with no cv/cover letter.

m-o
You should read the application:

" • Do not attach a CV or any other documentation in support of your application. Only information requested in this
form will be considered.
"

flexman
29th May 2011, 19:15
Hi guys n girls,

Any idea what the sim grading is about at Lingus? Going there in 2 weeks so hope someone has some info about the program. I allready have A320 hours under my belt. So I believe the grading is a bit diff from people wihout the A320 TR.

Thanx in advance!

inner
29th May 2011, 20:08
I saw that there were questions about how many attempts it took to get your me/ir and other stuff. I guess if you had to re-do an item, you are already out of the box for them.

Good luck to the lucky ones.

inner
30th May 2011, 13:38
I don't say that, but i could be an argument for them to select out of the thousands of applications.

IAEdude
30th May 2011, 13:54
Hi guys n girls,

Any idea what the sim grading is about at Lingus? Going there in 2 weeks so hope someone has some info about the program. I allready have A320 hours under my belt. So I believe the grading is a bit diff from people wihout the A320 TR.

Thanx in advance!

Good luck, buddy :ok:

Im still waiting for a miracle call... Keep us updated, pls

meA320
4th Jun 2011, 16:47
Hi everybody!

I got an email from AerLingus for an interview in two weeks. Right now I did not find any information about the assessment process, would appreciate everything you know.

Thanks for the help
happy landings

bluk
4th Jun 2011, 17:22
Hi meA320,
you should look at the topic "Shamrock hiring"
http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/433487-shamrock-hiring.html
you can find there how interview looks like,
Could you share with us what is your experience ?
Good luck and we are waiting for news from you !

IAEdude
4th Jun 2011, 22:29
For the guys who´ve been called for interview; could you pls share with us more or less the profile of people they are looking for? TT? A320 time?

meA320
5th Jun 2011, 20:30
Hi,

TT +6000h, including 2500h on A320

so long

Iakovos
5th Jun 2011, 21:30
Thanks for the link Bluk. I was wondering which thread all the previous info was on.... Since April, there hasn't been any activity on there though.

I have read a lot of people asking about the salary and scheduling but no conclusive answers. I read one reply which eluded to the fact that DUB and ORK based pilots (the homeland) have better contracts, scheduling and pay.

Can anyone confirm the extent of this? Ie. For a LGW direct entry FO. Is the pay in Euros or £? And what is it? Basic + sector/flight pay?

Cheers

flexman
12th Jun 2011, 10:33
Psychometric: logic reasoning & raventest (check it on internet)
also Q like 2,4,8,16,?
And multiply the letters of the second word by 6. etc etc

Time management is important cus you get more Q you can make in the time given.

Also 240 Q about yourself and situations on a 5 point scale...
-----------------

Interview very relaxed.
What do you know about the A320 electrical system. What are the CAT1,2,3a/b minimas. you have an hydrolic yellow faillure what systems affected? What do you do? Tell something about a windsheer. How does the IRS work and how does it plots it position? Why you want to work for us. etc etc..

Hope this will work out for you guys n girls!

captainsuperstorm
13th Jun 2011, 15:52
well just forget about this airline. it s a joke.the whole industry is a mess run by some morons.
100000 applicants for 2-3 jobs, ...:*

fed up!

flexman
9th Aug 2011, 10:49
Did anyone actually heard something from Lingus?

my grading was 2 months ago, but the only thing I got back was we'll contact you when we need you. no clear answer if passed or failed!

usualguy
10th Aug 2011, 06:30
they have now a new cadet program.

I don't think they will hire direct entry pilots when they can make over 100'000 euro from wanabes ready to fly in 1-2 years.

MCDU2
10th Aug 2011, 10:18
I don't think they will hire direct entry pilots when they can make over 100'000 euro from wanabes ready to fly in 1-2 years.

Look why don't you take your bitter and twisted sentiments elsewhere. With the greatest respect if you really are 43 years of age and from Switzerland then why in the hell do you think that an Irish based airline would want to hire you? I am afraid you are not in any of their demographics.

At AL the average age of captains on the A320 is approx. 39 years of age. Time to command at the moment is a little bit unclear but it has been running at 10-12 years. Based on that you will be 55 years of age then and have only 5 years of command before you will need to retire at 60. With your increasing age comes all of the other inherent problems that I do not need to spell out.

Unfortunately for you there is nothing in it for AL to offer you a job. You will likely end up costing them money and use them as a stepping stone to another operator once you have them on your CV.

CY333
11th Aug 2011, 06:22
Aer Lingus Recruitment

Direct Entry First Officer
Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London-Gatwick

I refer to your application form for the position of First Officer with Aer Lingus. The closing date for receipt of applications was 12.00 on Monday 20th June 2011.

We were delighted with the level of interest shown in this position and as a consequence competition for places was particularly keen.

Due to the high volume of applications received it has taken us some time to respond to you with an outcome following the selection process.

Having carefully considered your application, unfortunately, I am now advising you that you have not been successful on this occasion.

This selection decision is independent of future requirements and we would welcome subsequent applications from you, should you meet the criteria at that time.
I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus First Officer positions and the time you have taken to complete your application.
If we are recruiting for First Officers again, it will be advertised on our website.

We encourage you to view our website at: Aer Lingus- cheap flights, gift vouchers, hotels, car hire, & travel insurance (http://www.aerlingus.com), where all current vacancies are displayed.

We would respectfully request that you do not respond to this letter.

Yours sincerely

Aer Lingus Recruitment

I really liked the part: you have not been successful......

Actually the way I see it is either one of the two following:

1.To many applicants with A320, hours, experience....

2.Age...

Boe787ing
12th Aug 2011, 10:13
Hello All

I applied to the Aer Lingus cadet pilot program a couple of days ago. Does anyone know who long they take to get back to you?

Kind Regards,

Flies-like-a-chicken
12th Aug 2011, 12:04
Less than a week after initial application for them to send me the apptitude tests which have to be done within 5 days of receipt.

usualguy
12th Aug 2011, 15:45
Look why don't you take your bitter and twisted sentiments elsewhere. With the greatest respect if you really are 43 years of age and from Switzerland then why in the hell do you think that an Irish based airline would want to hire you? I am afraid you are not in any of their demographics.

At AL the average age of captains on the A320 is approx. 39 years of age. Time to command at the moment is a little bit unclear but it has been running at 10-12 years. Based on that you will be 55 years of age then and have only 5 years of command before you will need to retire at 60. With your increasing age comes all of the other inherent problems that I do not need to spell out.

Unfortunately for you there is nothing in it for AL to offer you a job. You will likely end up costing them money and use them as a stepping stone to another operator once you have them on your CV.

thanks for you answer, what do you suggest me?give up?

I know, with 43 years old , no hours on the bus, there is no way. If airlines are looking for captains, they will take them young first. Was a big mistake to start this training.

I don't wish to maintain this rating, will cost me another 10'000 euro.
I'm thinking to give up this commercial license.
I don't think the futur will be better, now they all talk to save money in europe to avoid a futur Crash.We just got this "mini" crash last week.

I think pilots who are not flying 1 or 2 years after their commercial will have a hard time to get hired. I may be wrong.

I still try to figure out if it worths to maintain a JAR license?I am 43, if I get a job in 2 years, I will be 45, after this, most doors will be closed.I don't think in 2 years, there will be more job.

CLbeta
3rd Sep 2011, 21:22
Hey Tony,
Your right, Aer Lingus own manage and staff the A320 sim, EI just rent the space from simtech. Hope the application goes well.

Heliskier
17th Sep 2011, 08:59
Has anyone heard anything recently? It's all gone a bit quiet...