PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock hiring

Pages : [1] 2

wxjedi
11th Nov 2010, 17:43
I'm flying heavy metal in Asia and soon to get the LHS but would love to return to Ireland.
with EIN hiring would it be a good move?
what's the T &Cs
is it the job it used to be
thanks for any replys

jammers
11th Nov 2010, 18:27
Have you no friends back home?

The whole of the country seems as if the oxygen has been taken out of the air.

Yes the T&C's have changed....where haven't they?

LS vs junior RS with ALT......now that one should be a no brainer. I know all this sounds discouraging but if DUB is the place you want to be then fill your boots ( and pray you can pass the evaluation!)

As you might or might not know, the top 10% or so (pilots) have been given a 'package', granted not as good as the one Willie Walsh set up for Barney and the lads on the 5th floor way back when, but never the less, not too bad, ESP if you're not even 50 yrs old.

At the end of the day it all depends where you or your wife or your children want to grow up and call home.

It's a balancing scale.....ALWAYS has been......Good Luck.

Ps now if you were to ask the lads that went to ANC way back in 1995 were they would rather be now, I know what most of them would say!:ugh:

wxjedi
11th Nov 2010, 19:06
Tks jammers,

as much as i hear about ireland i think i'd prefer it to here.
0605 here and I'm off to singapore for the day
See you later

st patrick
11th Nov 2010, 20:26
The t&cs depend on where you are based. Are you prepared to be based in Belfast or Gatwick for up to 5 years bears before getting a chance at Dublin/Cork? Thats a good question for the interview!

yoland
11th Nov 2010, 22:07
Advert is for all bases! It will all depend on Ts and Cs.:sad:

Number Cruncher
12th Nov 2010, 09:56
When will they start contacting people?

'Calm down dear', The application only just went live!

Serenity
12th Nov 2010, 11:01
Anyone else found problems entering information directly onto the form as you can with other companies applications??
:confused:

Twosheds Jackson
12th Nov 2010, 11:29
Yep, afraid you'll have to print off and use that old fashioned tool; a pen.
Best handwriting now!

st patrick
12th Nov 2010, 12:34
Aer Lingus: About Us - Direct Entry First Officer (http://www.aerlingus.com/aboutus/careersvacancies/directentryfirstofficer/#d.en.6299)

There you are now!

Wodka
12th Nov 2010, 12:40
I hope they have got LOTS of printer paper in stock... to coin a phrase it will be... "INCOMING"!!!

Looking at the other threads most operators seem to be averaging 1000-1500 applications at initial stage.... Good luck to us all :)

VJW
12th Nov 2010, 12:52
I'm not even sure if I should apply for this.

I'm a yr away from a command with another irish airline, and while I live in near LGW (and am currently based abroad) - i don't know if I can see an upgrade anywhere in the near future at all with these guys.

My aim eventually is to move to the US with the american wife i have as excess baggage, and can't see this move helping.

Perhaps, I'll apply just for the experience?

st patrick
12th Nov 2010, 12:59
TOM

I dont think any flying job is the job it used to be!

nmpilot
12th Nov 2010, 17:38
Does anyone have any information regarding earnings potential as a DE FO? I see the old ROI figures on PPJN, just wondering if anyone has any info on UK bases?

young nasty man
13th Nov 2010, 05:05
What happened to the guys Aerlingus put in a hold pool last year? Have they been called?

Deano777
13th Nov 2010, 09:46
Well done to the guy who cant find his way around the Aer Lingus website...bad layout I know but come on!! how do you cope with all those switched and lights http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Not everything is as black and white outside your world fella. I had literally 2 minutes before I had to go to work, couldn't find it so asked for a link so I could look at it on my phone later. You could have posted the link instead of this. :E

Thanks to Flying Beancounter for the PM & st patrick for the link. :ok:

SW1
13th Nov 2010, 11:56
Anyone know how many FOs they are looking for?

Eirjet
13th Nov 2010, 12:47
Believe or not only around 30 to start in March.....I'd expect more in the next year or 2 tho..

Norman Stanley Fletcher
13th Nov 2010, 14:28
This is good news for aviation - this is a fabulous opportunity for the numerous high quality turboprop/ex-mil pilots looking for a proper entrance into jet aviation. Best of luck to one and all.

non0
13th Nov 2010, 14:36
This is good news for aviation - this is a fabulous opportunity for the numerous high quality turboprop/ex-mil pilots looking for a proper entrance into jet aviation. Best of luck to one and all.

yeah good luck with that! Ex-mil are seen like smoke in the eyes on today days, especially up-North! There are a lot of snadpit-er with good TR and lots of commercial flight time looking to finally leave the desert for greener pasture! ...

Alexairway
13th Nov 2010, 18:49
Just came up :cool:

Aer Lingus: About Us - Direct Entry First Officer (http://www.aerlingus.com/aboutus/careersvacancies/directentryfirstofficer/#d.en.6299)

celtic mech
14th Nov 2010, 16:11
In Relation to the question a couple of posts above...EI are initially looking to recruit 35 F/O's.

RoyBoy20
14th Nov 2010, 17:29
So Just to make sure I know how the application works.

I have to print out the form, fill it out with my pen and then scan it, attach it as a picture file and then email it to them!?!?

Has anyone else have a better soloution to this!?!

Regards,

Superpilot
14th Nov 2010, 19:01
Can anyone shed any light on a typical FO roster based out of DUB. Are they into touring like BA?

st patrick
14th Nov 2010, 20:38
Royboy this is so you get an early introduction into how "integrated" all the systems and sections are in EI. If you find the application process frustrating, wait until you get in here and try and request a day off!!!!
Superpilot (humble aren`t we?!!) No you dont do tours. IT`s there and back(twice), then come in the next 4 days and do it all again. There are of course single trips rome, dubrovnik,madrid etc. Shorter trips such as AMS and CDG are normally paired with another trip of same length or less. Overnights available in LHR and you might occasionally be required to go Cork or Gatwick for up to 4 nights.

MCDU2
14th Nov 2010, 21:46
I don't want to rain on any ones parade but please come in with your eyes wide open. The difference in T&c's when compared between the ROI vs. Non ROI bases is huge. At a recent union meeting the average age of captains was given at just 39. There are zero proposals for expansion. Our CEO is increasingly being quoted as saying that we are open for sale but clearly not to FR so who knows what the future will hold. The recruitment would appear to be filling the void left from those who have availed of early retirement packages and the associated shift of seats.

It is unclear at this stage which bases they are recruiting for. It could well be a case of first in first served. In any case there is a global base agreement which effectively means that those at lgw and bfs who are nearing the end of their freeze since hiring into those bases will now be entitled to bid into the ROI and quite possibly displace anyone at the bottom rung of the ladder. To spell this out in black and white you coulees quite conceivably start in Dublin and then be shifted off to wherever depending on your seniority number.

So you want to fly a 330? Think again. No expansion planned at all and a very very very long wait unless you want to spend all of your salary on living costs in Washington.

jebus
14th Nov 2010, 23:18
DUB and ORK are the only legacy Aer Lingus bases.
LGW, IAD and BFS are the low cost bases in Aer Lingus.

All forms of renumeration (basic/sector/performance/overnight pay etc), pension, terms and conditions are far far poorer in these bases than in the Republic of Ireland. (Lower than Ryanair and Easyjet all-in). You have very little union protection either. You will operate to EU OPS limits as opposed to the legacy practices in the ROI.

Another point worth noting is that all of these vacancies are there because a tranche of senior boys were paid serious cash to leave. They still retain notional seniority and the ability to bid for any vacancies outside the ROI. At the same time the remaining pilots had their retirement age raised to 60 from 55. There is no expansion planned. So dont expect any early commands either.

A number of f/o's have been leaving recently as a result of this bleak career outlook. Mostly to the middle east, but some to Monarch, Virgin, BA and even Easyjet(!).

The airline is owned by staff, government, pilots (dont ask) and Ryanair. Nobody is interested in buying right now because of that toxic mix. The upcoming Irish budget wont help either your renumeration nor the company's business plan.

Anyone who does apply should check their contract carefully. I expect they will attempt to water them down even further, especially anyone entering the ROI directly.

IMHO The only people who should apply are those desperate to get home to Ireland (even then no guarantee) at any cost, and those without enough hours to go elsewhere.

Anyone within 5 years of command or longhaul shouldnt touch EI.

Alt Crz Green:
most of the current FOs are thus 10-20 years from command. Obviously expansion and resignations cam change things but newbies can bank on a very very long stint in the RHS.
Absolutely true.

This might read like an attack on EI but despite all its failings its still a pleasant place to work. I just want applicants to have their eyes open about their career prospects.

potters
15th Nov 2010, 04:12
People in bfs and lgw will be offered the roi before any new starters. So if you pass selection be prepared to fill the gaps left by them. If type rated be prepared to be bonded for 7k over 3 years. If not rated, 21k over 3 years or reduced salary. If rated, you will start on 40k basic with about 8k flight pay that is fully taxed. Pension is matched up to 9%. You will fly between 800-900 hrs a year. Best of luck to everyone.

Desk-pilot
15th Nov 2010, 08:04
Can any Aer Lingus chaps share their roster - PM if required:

Can you request a base choice - LGW in my case
Is it 5/3 roster, 4/2 or some other combination
How many uncalled standby's a month
What are the likely start/finish times on earlies or lates

What is your gut feel on job security - I know EI has been through a pretty tough time in recent years and although I think it's proably a better option than my current Flybe deal, I do have the prospect of right seat Embraer 195 for £41k incl allowances within perhaps the next year and a high level of job security at my current employer. In short Flybe are expanding, making money and buying more jets.

Incidentally was at DUB the other night sandwiched between the Shamrock's and nearly walked over to say Hi and get some inside gen - in the end chickened out but I've always had a soft spot for Aer Lingus and those Airbus A320's look vv nice!!

Best regards,

Desk-pilot

Bearcat
15th Nov 2010, 10:05
most of the current FOs are thus 10-20 years from command. Obviously expansion and resignations cam change things but newbies can bank on a very very long stint in the RHS

pure and utter drivel i reckon. your assuming the status quo will remain the same. top of seniority capts will no doubt be offered a package in 7 yrs time irrespective of their retirement age of 60 re pension.

Algol
15th Nov 2010, 11:47
Given that EI will probably be sold off long before that, your speculation is rather optimistic Bearcat.

On the other hand - if the new owner isn't O'Leary - there might be a re-think on expansion at some stage. The recession won't last forever.

Eirjet
15th Nov 2010, 15:52
No a partial pass still counts as a first attempt, if you pass the area you failed,it still counts as a first time pass..

A fail is only if you did not pass the section you repeated.

Algol
15th Nov 2010, 16:29
So you're not really in BA.....or on the 777.
Fail!

Just kidding.
Good luck.

maverick777
15th Nov 2010, 17:08
The LGW base is not working out. It will close. :ouch:

Deano777
15th Nov 2010, 17:38
No Eirjet

A fail is also a failure of 2 or more sections on an initial flight test, not just the failure of a retest section :=

Eirjet
15th Nov 2010, 22:34
Sorry my bad i was mis informed,your right indeed...:O

Sciolistes
16th Nov 2010, 00:49
But the question on the application form asks if you have ever repeated a flight test. If you partial passed, the you had to repeat the test of the section of the skills test that you previously failed. On wording alone that seems like a yes to me.

Jamin20
16th Nov 2010, 08:29
It says if you have had to repeat a flight test, not repeat a section. I would have said a partial does not count as a repeat as having to do a section again is not repeating a test. As always, just an opinion

Sciolistes
16th Nov 2010, 10:33
Jamin,

Your point is sound, and I hope so becuase I partialled my IR, but I always thought of it as a repeat and not a first time pass (first series - yes).

carbheatout
16th Nov 2010, 10:38
Guys, i think you should be more worried about not holding an A320 type rating if it applies to you.

Happy Wanderer
16th Nov 2010, 11:28
Agreed! (and I'm not TR'd either....:{)

The above says it all really. Doubt whether EI will be looking for low-hour newbies trying for that elusive first job whatever the entry criteria states. I would love to be wrong...

HW

MCDU2
16th Nov 2010, 11:40
Let me say from the outset that I am not in the training section but am an ordinary line pilot. I have no idea what they are after this time in terms of experience. All I can say is that last time around there was a mix of new joiners. Some were A320 rated but most not. The majority were integrated (Oxford and a few Jerez) but also a fair share of modular to. The rated people had a varied spread of hours from the bare minimum through to some with command time on big buses. There were also a bunch of Aer Arran, Cityjet, FR and corporate jet. Again some of them had command and/or instructor time and many thousands of hours. Others were just in the door at those outfits and wanted to get out.

Whilst many looking in from the outside would think that everyone at AL is off a cadet scheme this is not the case. Over the years there have been lots of direct entrys that have a varied background from thousands of hours on light singles, military through to TP and other jet operators.

Logic would dictate that there would be a mix of people hired purely from the simple standpoint that we only have 1 A320 sim and the training department wouldn't be able to cope with running full conversion courses, ZFTT, base training etc. It is already stretched with pre command courses and A330 conversions nevermind the usual ongoing training. Bet hey what would I know I am only applying logic. And unfortunately if your lucky to get in then logic has no bearing on how anything in Aer Lingus works:)

DrJones
16th Nov 2010, 12:05
I think a lot of people thought they had it in the bag with getting an interview with BA Cityflyer with the level of experience they had (myself included).

The problem is we don't know what they after after and unless we apply we will never know whether we are a suitable applicant or not.

The one saving grace with this application form it's not too long winded and asking for sole searching questions unlike the other stupid application forms one has to complete in order to get a PFO!

Dr Eckener
16th Nov 2010, 17:51
I like the way they state that if they receive huge quantities of applications they will take into account their stated 'desirable competencies', and then give you nowhere on the form a chance to say whether you possess said competencies. Irish logic?

SW1
16th Nov 2010, 18:30
It says they will take into account "Desirable criteria" which is A320 rated or multi crew experience. Not key competencies.

Please note that if the volume of candidates meeting all essential criteria is high, Aer Lingus will then take desirable criteria into account

buckcrackers
16th Nov 2010, 18:57
On the application form for Aer Lingus, in the flying hours section there is a column F/E time can anyone tell me what this is cheers

st patrick
16th Nov 2010, 20:29
That would be Flight Engineer(panel bashers, sideways flyers or Systems Pilots) time for those of you old enough to remember B727/747 L1011s and Dc-10s and 8s and a few military things. I expect they dusted off an old application form for the "hours" part. Good luck to all who apply. It is still a nice place to work mainly due to those you will be sitting beside for those long work days!

jammers
17th Nov 2010, 01:09
The one and only Ray O'Shea and you're feckin better looking brother, owe the young Irish Wannabee pilots the truth as to how the system worked way back when you were handed your careers on a silver platter! The system could be well verified by the infamous Barney Croghan or Donal Foley, and the one and only true 'Neanderthal' Joe Cull if they could give a flying FK. Moriarity and his bum buddy Paddy Morrisey would love to enter into this conversation, as they have ALOT to add ( ESP since Paddy's son was passed over at ALT and subsequently had to join FR to 'get in'....But Morrisey never did have the balls and always played second fiddle to Terry Mc Neil ( a true gentleman may I add)
I would however like to now take this opportunity to mention the true gentlemen behind the scenes, like Sean McGirl, and the wee fella with the glasses'. Now is your time to speak up and tell the world how things really worked in the back rooms at the ALT hiring Dept.( or any other dept. come to mention it) You're all mostly retired now, so what do you have to lose in telling the truth.....most of you were f'd over anyways for most of your careers and thank God most of you got your own back by joining PARC c/o Tim Shattock ( as long as you could put up with his EGO to make back the few bob ALT made on tour backs....While you put up with the ****e you did not deserve.

getting late, rant over for now......feels good getting it of the chest though.....more to come......the truth always rises to the surface!!!

Isn 't that right R.O.........Sweet Dreams

SW1
17th Nov 2010, 08:42
Has everyone who has applied received an aknowldegment that theyve received our CVs?

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for applying for a position within Aer Lingus.

Should your application meet our required criteria we will be in contact.

Best Regards,
Recruitment Aer Lingus

Tooloose
17th Nov 2010, 12:38
It must be John Barleycorn and I expect I'll be banned for that.

REDARROW777
17th Nov 2010, 14:51
I just heard that EI have started the interview process...is this true? and if so can anyone give a run down of the format or the questions asked this time around?

Bearcat
17th Nov 2010, 19:28
jammers

Posts: 64 The one and only Ray O'Shea and you're feckin better looking brother, owe the young Irish Wannabee pilots the truth as to how the system worked way back when you were handed your careers on a silver platter! The system could be well verified by the infamous Barney Croghan or Donal Foley, and the one and only true 'Neanderthal' Joe Cull if they could give a flying FK. Moriarity and his bum buddy Paddy Morrisey would love to enter into this conversation, as they have ALOT to add ( ESP since Paddy's son was passed over at ALT and subsequently had to join FR to 'get in'....But Morrisey never did have the balls and always played second fiddle to Terry Mc Neil ( a true gentleman may I add)
I would however like to now take this opportunity to mention the true gentlemen behind the scenes, like Sean McGirl, and the wee fella with the glasses'. Now is your time to speak up and tell the world how things really worked in the back rooms at the ALT hiring Dept.( or any other dept. come to mention it) You're all mostly retired now, so what do you have to lose in telling the truth.....most of you were f'd over anyways for most of your careers and thank God most of you got your own back by joining PARC c/o Tim Shattock ( as long as you could put up with his EGO to make back the few bob ALT made on tour backs....While you put up with the ****e you did not deserve.

getting late, rant over for now......feels good getting it of the chest though.....more to come......the truth always rises to the surface!!!

Isn 't that right R.O.........Sweet Dreams

sour sour grapes............you obviously ended up as a career blue room merchant.

jammers
18th Nov 2010, 00:56
Retiring at 50 c/o C.M.........Grapes, oh yes....and plenty of them here in Tuscany....Contemplating how good life has been at ALT....
Again I will take my time to tell all of you contemplating the move here to EIRE.....Do your Due Diligence......The skippers here are all very young and must now all work to 65 given the new rules........If this is where you want to be then certainly come home, but it will be an all together different world ( airline) then the one I was hired into and the one I was describing in my previous post.....Bearcat obviously did not make the cut way back when but good luck to him now.
B400 me arse

irishpilot1990
18th Nov 2010, 09:10
Any indication of terms and conditions?
Or the breakdown of a320 rated/cadets/guys non 320 jet time?!

BA777
18th Nov 2010, 14:38
Anyone know a workaround for the PDF thats on the site and can't type into it? Is there a way to make it accessible to type my form in and email - probably looks more professional.

BA777

drfaust
18th Nov 2010, 15:44
That's exactly what I did. I used NitroPDF to edit the file and then sent it on its way, but I'm sure there are more applications out there. It's a bit tricky to fumble around with but it works and looks neat.

Cheers,
drfaust

maxalphaboy
18th Nov 2010, 16:50
Guys,

I also edited the Application and Sent as PDF, however had this:

Please resubmit your application for First Officer as the format it was sent in is not readable.

It mad me Laugh as what Airline HR Department can't read or receive PDF files??

I resubmitted as PDF, lets see what happens?

:ugh:

EISNN
18th Nov 2010, 17:14
I'd imagine that they'll start contacting applicants soon enough as they'll want to have the new intake trained up and out on the lines by the end of March.

I-AINC
18th Nov 2010, 17:17
I have had some problem with the .pdf file. I can't write down on it, so I sent all the 8 pages via standard mail.

I don't have heard anything from them since now. Have you received something?

NC :zzz:

Burger81
18th Nov 2010, 19:24
I did it the old fashioned way (ish) by printing it out, filling it in with my neatest handwriting and scanning it back in as a PDF file. I sent it by email and within an hour I had received an email confirming reciept of my application.

Londoncalling2009.... i would either re-submit or give them a call or email asking them to confirm reciept. Would do no harm i reckon.

Burger81

SMOOTHFLIER
18th Nov 2010, 20:23
anyone know what the pay is for a dublin based first officer?
not the uk terms but the irish contract terms?
Also how long to command

Bearcat
18th Nov 2010, 21:31
Retiring at 50 c/o C.M.........Grapes, oh yes....and plenty of them here in Tuscany....Contemplating how good life has been at ALT....
Again I will take my time to tell all of you contemplating the move here to EIRE.....Do your Due Diligence......The skippers here are all very young and must now all work to 65 given the new rules........If this is where you want to be then certainly come home, but it will be an all together different world ( airline) then the one I was hired into and the one I was describing in my previous post.....Bearcat obviously did not make the cut way back when but good luck to him now.
B400 me arse

You won't last p!ssin time the way you put away the gin.....best of luck in your retirement I'd say the money won't last long:{

kind rgds B

Meccano
19th Nov 2010, 04:42
The IMF are knocking. Just wait 'til they get the foot properly in the door in downtown Dublin. One of the first acts will be to force the sale of all State assetts - a common prescription for other countries they've 'assisted'.
The remaining 29% (or whatever) of Government Shares in EI will soon hit the market. Guess who's waiting to snap them up!

http://info-wars.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Michael_O_Leary_Ry_1208663i1.jpg

Could prove a very short lived adventure for the Ryanair Refugees.....

Uncle Wiggily
19th Nov 2010, 09:02
Is anybody else having difficulty with the following critical part of the application? I heard it is even more important than having a A-320 rating.

If you are currently undergoing the process of gender reassignment, please tick your future gender.

Spendid Cruiser
19th Nov 2010, 11:29
Uncle Wiggily,

I thought it was mandatory for an A320 rating :E

maverick777
19th Nov 2010, 12:24
The IMF are knocking. Just wait 'til they get the foot properly in the door in downtown Dublin. One of the first acts will be to force the sale of all State assetts - a common prescription for other countries they've 'assisted'.
The remaining 29% (or whatever) of Government Shares in EI will soon hit the market. Guess who's waiting to snap them up!

I HOPE YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE!

IF THIS HAPPENS, AND RUTHLESS; GREEDY; STAFF-HATING; O'LEARY GETS HIS SHARE, THE AVIATION INDUSTRY IS TRULY AND UTTERLY :mad:!

VFE
20th Nov 2010, 13:03
With regard the English Proficiency requirement - not come across this before - English is my mother tongue, JAR issued licence but no mention of a 'Level' just says "Language Proficiency: English" on my licence.... do I still need an ELPT certificate?

Muchos gracias!

VFE.

REDARROW777
20th Nov 2010, 13:36
Hi there,

I had that too so I asked one of the guys I work with and he said that the hightest level is 6 so thats what I filled in...

GrkPilot
20th Nov 2010, 13:50
Hey guys,
Just curious what are the chances of getting the Washington Dulles base if you are able to live and work in the United States? I have a US and EU passport.
I am currently working for a European airline but wouldn't mind heading back the the US.
I am not type rated on the Airbus but I have 2000+ hours of 4 engine jet time. Thanks in advance.

VFE
20th Nov 2010, 18:54
Thanks REDARROW777.

VFE.

stev
20th Nov 2010, 19:03
hey Mavrick 777

I truly am with you but my friend the IMF will sell off as much as it can and shamrock will be pretty high on the list. "oh but the EU wont let it" me arse they they dont have a say the end of the Shamrock is nigh my friend......

st patrick
20th Nov 2010, 19:07
None I`m afraid as the 330 nor Dulles are on offer. After a few years maybe, if the base is still around. Sorry!

Pat

MCDU2
21st Nov 2010, 06:48
You need to understand that AL is a seniority based airline. That means that in order to change fleets, seats or bases you need to have in a bid and for it to be accepted by the company. These are taken purely in seniority order at the time the bid closes out. If someone ahead of you on the seniority list doesn't want to bid for something then your number may well come up. There are also base freezes which the company imposes on you.

The only exception to the rule is when it is in the interests of the company to drop any freezes to fill up seats.

I would hazard a guess that the Dulles base is now over a year old. There was very little interest in anyone moving across at first as generally the T&C's were extremely poor, particularly on the FO side. The company went down as far as the most junior FO on the ROI seniority list before it got the numbers it needed. There are rumours of a 2nd aircraft going in there shortly. We don't know whether this will be filled by ROI pilots or if UAL will get to fly it. Another unknown is how many FO's would now consider shifting to the US in order to get 330 time and get away from the recession and quite possibly the mother of all budgets looming. Taxes could quite well become prohibitive in Ireland with the IMF in town. It would be generally fair to say that morale is low amongst the FO's with very very long time to commands coupled with poor pay and conditions and continuous industrial relations strife hanging over their heads. Therefore getting on the 330 in order to improve your CV could well be seen as a sensible way out for many. Time will tell.

Unfortunately your US visa is worth nought unless your seniority number comes up.

Meccano
21st Nov 2010, 10:59
Could and Would are different things.
These are extreme times - the future of the EU hangs in the balance. The Germans and French have a LOT of money tied up in Ireland and would like it paid back. Their taxpayers are sick of bailing out the stupid Paddies.If it isn't, they won't be bailing out the next PIIG to go sick.
High ideals about 'competition' were fine when Europe was awash with money.
Not anymore.
Reality bites.

SW1
21st Nov 2010, 14:36
Has anyone had an invite yet? I know the deadline for applications still has a couple of few weeks left but someone mentioned earlier that some people have been invited already. Any truth in these rumours?

clearforto
21st Nov 2010, 15:17
Has anyone had an invite yet? I know the deadline for applications still has a couple of few weeks left but someone mentioned earlier that some people have been invited already. Any truth in these rumours?

+1 anyone contacted or invited?!

Best rgds

irishone
22nd Nov 2010, 13:15
Interviews taking place as we speak. Case of waiting now to see who's lucky enough to get called!

kumbaya
22nd Nov 2010, 14:08
Any chance for unrated low-timers ?

SW1
22nd Nov 2010, 14:56
Irishone. Do they intend to see it out till the 10th December, or have they selected all the people they want to see at this time? Thanks

irishone
22nd Nov 2010, 18:00
I don't know to be honest SW1. I'm in the same boat as everyone else looking for an interview! They are interviewing unrated low hour people though...

SW1
22nd Nov 2010, 18:24
Question is, what about rated people? im sure they are not short on applications with "desirable criteria". Where are you hearing the info about NTR low houred guys? Has your FTO submitted guys or something or another grapevine thing? Cheers

VFE
22nd Nov 2010, 18:28
I think there's some law about closing recruitments before the published closing date for applications has been passed. Any interviews going on at present would IMHO be unlikely to be the first and last of it.

Does anyone know of a thread in the PPRuNe archives on the Shamrock interview process? Or (dare I ask) can any of the lucky ones interviewed thus far shed any light on the day out?

Cheers and good luck to all,

VFE.

Atreyu
22nd Nov 2010, 18:33
What salary could you expect starting at LGW or BFS?

Atreyu

Wodka
23rd Nov 2010, 17:52
Sounds like another [insert name of large FTO] lockout. God this industry is depressing sometimes if your not wearing the right tie.

REDARROW777
23rd Nov 2010, 20:54
I've heard that they interviewed some guy with about 200 hours no type rating and currently not working for an airline so it seems the process is completely random. Is there anyone out there at all that might be able to give us an insight into just what the hell they are asking in this interview?!!!!!!!!!!! :ugh:

Eirjet
23rd Nov 2010, 21:49
I know a guy finished training about 8months ago,no job, has 200 hours and got called for an interview,so who knows really

maverick777
24th Nov 2010, 09:27
looks like my experience level is being overlooked

have you lost the plot completely superpilot!!?? :D No matter what "experience" shamrock require, you will not be seen as experienced!!

your type rating is worthless with no hours

clearforto
24th Nov 2010, 11:54
I've heard that they interviewed some guy with about 200 hours no type rating and currently not working for an airline so it seems the process is completely random. Is there anyone out there at all that might be able to give us an insight into just what the hell they are asking in this interview?!!!!!!!!!!!

Really they are calling low hundred hrs guys???I guess They wouldn't be the mostly suitable for EI according to their website, but maybe i'm wrong:ugh:

Anyway any guess or any infos about the interview? I've applied, but still with no news from EI..

Thanks guys

no slot
24th Nov 2010, 12:06
London calling, get a grip. You don't want to be lectured by a low houred pilot! WTF! With an attitude like that I hope your long term contract is renewed because I can't see you getting work elsewhere. To all with their names in the hat, Good Luck. The market is picking up. Keep the faith.
Rgds
no slot

drfaust
24th Nov 2010, 13:33
Keep your pants on everyone. To the people that got the call; what is your experience level? Up until now I haven't seen anyone with experience saying that they have been contacted. I'm sure they're going through a shedload of applications as it is. So give it some time.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the end I don't get a call, despite having experience and currently working for an airline. That's the market nowadays and it is completely random. Maybe they even get enough applicants through the process before they ever reach my application.

In the end of the day, sit it out and see. It's not the best deal in the world but it would be a hell of a start for lowtimers. Good luck to everyone that got called. One word of advice though: Don't **** up, you don't get opportunities like this every day. ;-)

REDARROW777
24th Nov 2010, 15:04
Hey there,

Well in the past EI have had a mixture of guys from those just about to finish flt training to those with type ratings low hours and those with type rating high hours I do know of 2 guys that were in Oxford, EI came over & Oxford recommended a few & 2 guys were subsequently chosen. Another guy was chosen with a TR hardly any hours... I can go on giving examples.(On last years recruitment with EI...I did see the head of Oxford Training and another guy incharge of marketing getting out of a taxi & heading into the sim block of EI, where they said to the security guy that they 'had a meeting scheduled with the Cheif Pilot' & I later found out that the meeting was to see how many they could put forward for selection with EI).
I know for a fact that EI used to like to chose a cross section as it they felt that 'Some guys from already with other airlines may have picked yp bad habits' so thats why the cross section...they could have the option of bringing guys straight on line with a few hours line training & then groom the less experienced guys to fit the EI mould.

Regarding this one guy that I've already spoken of he's only got 200hrs and just out of flight training no type rating etc. So yes it seems EI have already called guys for selection & wheather these guys know 'the right people' I have no idea. I just wish Good luck to everyone & if anyones decent enough to post a report about the interview I'd be very appreciative. They've been lucky enough to be selected for interview so posting something online is not going to impinge on their being put forward for the sim (might even be good Karma!!! :O ) but it would give the rest of us a insight...

Superpilot
24th Nov 2010, 16:04
Alt Crz Green (or well passed it?)

At no point did I lay the claim that my experience level gave me an advantage. Can you not read??? I simply remarked that this type of experience level seems to be once again being overlooked. Early days, sure. This was said in the context of the previous 5 or 6 posts where people were claiming totally fresh out of school and non type rated pilots were being invited. That's all and nothing more! I eventually gave up trying to get through to you and londoncalling(the lights are on, but nobody's home)2009 by removing my comments.

And as for londoncalling who seems to think that all wannabes are interested in "flying jets". You might have had your lucky break sunshine but you know **** all about the state of the recruitment industry in Europe and especially the UK. There are no GA jobs for unconnected 250 hour pilots! none! zero! zilch! So don't lecture me for attempting to improve my situation by gaining a TR of my own back. I did it at a time when it was working for many then the recession bit. At least, I chose NOT to sit on my arse. A mistake! seems to work for many.

gunit
24th Nov 2010, 16:40
hi all, ive downloaded the pdf but I am unable to write onto the form,
can anybody help, i'm abit crap with pc's,
thanks in advance

Happy Wanderer
24th Nov 2010, 17:06
gunit,

Dear me, have to say that's an awful admission to make as a would-be FO!! :O

Suggest you wade through some earlier posts on this thread to find the answers - they are there if you look hard enough. I like to think I'm pretty PC-savvy, but I resorted to the old-fashioned way - printing the pdf off, writing (yes, using a pen!) and mailing it to EI at Dublin Airport. This is an option if you look at the application instructions on the EI website and IMHO is very possibly less likely to be 'deleted' than an email app.

Still not heard anything though, but not sure I'm too bothered given that the country's well and truly in the poo at the mo. There could be a lot better places to get a job than Ireland right now......)

HW

gunit
24th Nov 2010, 17:14
cheers HW,
honesty in the best policy eh;)
you make a valid point,
do you think its worth going down in person??

MCDU2
24th Nov 2010, 20:34
Agree wholeheartedly with ACG.

Also you need to consider how you will demonstrate to AL that you will go about settling in Ireland (if that's your base choice) should you get offered a position. Did anyone take the time to include a covering letter or email outlining any connections to Ireland or how you would overcome the big move? With a number of fo's leaving I can see this being a bigger issue for AL given their "perceived" investment in training. Don't get me wrong we have a mix of nationalities working in AL but each one has a "story".

Superpilot
25th Nov 2010, 06:46
Regarding cover letters etc, AL explicitly state that no such representations were going to be considered. Only the app form.

pma 32dd
25th Nov 2010, 09:55
I might have missed it in all of this, and I've read ppjn, but can anybody shed some light on the monthly roster pattern/working schedule?

TVM

MCDU2
25th Nov 2010, 12:24
Right to start off "pattern" isn't a word I would use to describe the AL rosters.

I am yet to meet anyone who actually definitively KNOWS how our rosters are produced. There is lots of hearsay about how they are manually prepared or that they are computer produced. The fact of the matter is that we aren't getting what we asked for and in fact what is agreed with the union.

So here is my take on our rosters. Firstly we have a roster close out date by which we would have entered into Carmen (AL calls it PBS = Preferential Bidding System) our bids for the forthcoming roster period. it closes out on a Sunday night and the following Friday a roster will be released. It is available from AIMS so you can download it electronically into whatever format you like and put it onto your phone, pc etc. Once the new roster is published you will have 6 weeks of work showing which reduces down to 2 weeks before the next one is due to be out. Not great considering the winter/summer schedules are published so far in advance so AL knows which flights it will be operating many many months in advance. How much you get of your bids will depend on your seniority as the system tries to achieve a certain satisfaction ratio. I think the most senior pilots would expect something like 80% and the most junior much lower.

As I said your bids are entered by yourself into the Carmen system. You can bid for any manner of things such as times to check in by/check out/overnights/flights to specific countries/regions and individual flight numbers. You also get to bid for golden days off and request free days. Generally it is two golden days per roster period. If you don't get your golden days in the current roster then supposedly you get bumped up the list to get them next time around. We also had a request book into which we entered days off that we really really wanted off eg: birthdays etc. The company unilaterally decided to withdraw this without any agreement with the union which is another breach of our working conditions. Apparently we can now email someone and it will work the same. I fail to see how any transparency will be achieved and you will get what you ask for but there you go.

So the above is how it is meant to work. In essence a pc programme will spit out your work. It would be 5 on 2 off or any manner of combinations. The worst would be 6 on 1 off. You can do swaps if you like to try and "fix" your roster. Obviously you can't swap off training and checking duties but pretty much any regular flying can be swapped.

We overnight in ORK, SNN and LHR. If this doesn't float your boat you can generally offload them. ORK are easier to offload. LHR used to be handy enough duties although a number of the couplings changed over the summer which made them really long duty days often involving a continental flight from Dublin ending up in LHR with minimum rest. Ocasionally we might be sent over to cover for LGW or BFS although on the FO side this is rare. Captains tend to see those places more often as they don't seem to have enough LHS in those bases.

On the positive side of things our free days are our free days. Once they are published they are cast in stone and cannot be changed or taken off you. Crew control can "friday change" your forthcoming weeks roster but cannot touch any free days. There are also various rules restricting the amount of tinkering that they can do to your work based on the amount of notice you are given. Generally this is limited to 1-2 hours of what was rostered. Anything more and you start negotiating or ultimately can refuse the duty.

Finally there is a project ongoing to provide us with a fixed pattern roster. The union is leading towards a 5/3 pattern and allegedly it will be coming in for summer next year.

Captain Spam Can
27th Nov 2010, 13:01
Did anyone actually hear anything back from shamrock??? i didnt...1400hrs on type current.

Coffin Corner
27th Nov 2010, 16:00
Captain Spam Can

The closing date isn't until the 10th Dec :ugh:

turboV1
30th Nov 2010, 15:22
are the figures posted on ppjn what one would be looking at? what would the differences be for ROI, UK based pilots? Thanks for your replies

JackFloyd
30th Nov 2010, 18:34
Only today I got the receipt to the e-mail I sent on the 21st...

"Your message was read on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 2:49:10 PM (GMT)"

20feetretard
2nd Dec 2010, 10:05
Dear Santa

I know you are really busy at this time of the year so please don't take up too much time with an interview at AL...just a job offer from them would be great...go on...you know it makes sense.;)
I have been really good all year...and my Mum says that you will be in real trouble if you let me down.

Muvo85
2nd Dec 2010, 11:31
I sent my application from here in Belgium to EI via mail (snail mail!) because of the my scanner is u/s! I sent it on Nov. 20th and as of yet have not received any acknowledgment from EI.
Has anyone else sent the application via mail as opposed to email?
Thanks.

Happy Wanderer
2nd Dec 2010, 17:44
Yep, I did and no reply either as yet......

HW

I'm Off!
2nd Dec 2010, 18:30
Me too, no reply yet.

Coffin Corner
2nd Dec 2010, 21:04
Likewise Muvo

Nas
2nd Dec 2010, 21:29
That's funny :ok: Airperator.. hahaha

embryonic
4th Dec 2010, 23:35
Maybe a good idea to send your app via secure post. That way it can be tracked and you're pretty much guaranteed it will arrive at the address you sent it to. If you have'nt then I suggest you give The HR Dept a quick call, just for POM. Application gives 10th Dec closing date so I guess they have a **** load of applications to process. Sit tight, I guess you guys will hear something soon. Anyone know if EI provide a bond agreement or is it mastercard only !

Spendid Cruiser
5th Dec 2010, 08:25
You're not the only one confused. Given that the application process is not yet complete, I suspect that they may have probed some of the schools for the right stuff in addition to wanting to hire experience.

EK4457
5th Dec 2010, 17:16
What makes me laugh is their great effort to show that they are an equal opps employer on the application form. However, if rumours are to be believed, the reality is the usual nudge and wink via the same old networks is the real requirement.

As mentioned earlier, the application form asked for such basic details that I cant see how anybody can stand out if they are a 200 hr newbie.

EK

Wodka
5th Dec 2010, 18:55
Agree.

It's so basic it's probably just a HR arse covering exercise - the old boy FTO network will provide the actual numbers :E

Polorutz
6th Dec 2010, 08:56
Right-o, I've been called for interview pretty soon and can't find any info on what questions to expect and what to brush up on. I've been fairly proactive and I'm brushing up on all ATPL subjects and the Airbus tech stuff. Also Aer Lingus history and whatever else.

I would however thank anyone who's been through the grinder recently if they could provide some information to focus my studies.

Thanks!

-Polo

Coffin Corner
6th Dec 2010, 09:31
Polo

What's your background if you don't mind me asking? (hrs/type etc)

corsair
6th Dec 2010, 18:25
AL historically have never recruited direct from the flying schools.Actually they have and I have been around long enough to see it. It is easier to ask a respected FTO with whom you placed cadets previously to recommend a few of the better individuals and avoid having to wade through reams of CVs from hopeful wannabees. But you are correct there is no network as such. The individuals concerned had no link to AL. But it never does any harm to have a good reference from within or from certain FTOs. But Aer Lingus is not unique in that.

There are also known for favouring integrated over modular when hiring recent graduates. They are of course entitled to do so. That's just a heads up for applicants. Doesn't apply to experienced type rated pilots.

Drakestream
6th Dec 2010, 19:16
To anyone that's been invited to interview so far could you tell me whether you were invited via email or over the phone? I've had a number of phone calls from 'Unknown' numbers over the last couple of days and as a matter of course I never answer these, just wondering if I need to start doing so now?

Love_joy
6th Dec 2010, 19:38
AL historically have never recruited direct from the flying schools.

Total pish. Over the last years they have been bringing in a mix of ab-initio, zero time peeps and some already with time and ratings.

AL have a long history of giving new starters their first leg up into the industry, quite honourable. I'm just sorry I missed out when I first started off.

I've been a really good boy this year though, fingers crossed Santa comes through this time! Best of luck to all in the system!

EK4457
7th Dec 2010, 07:19
Alt Crz Green,

Chill out.

I make a simple point; the information requested on the application form is so minimal that there cannot be any meaningful way of selecting one 200hr applicant from another. As there ARE low houred guys being called up, there must be some other selection criteria being favoured. The strong suspicion is that you need to have gone to the right school(s). This is the 'network' of which I speak.

As mentioned earlier, that's fine. Except (as was my point) they bang on about equal opps and a transparent selection process. Which is clearly not the case. Its just management speak and HR drivel. I think there is very little doubt that this is the case.

If your age is to be believed, you are obviously too old to remember several FOs that EI have taken from said schools with 170hrs NOT on a cadet scheme in recent years. Just take a look at their stats.

I'm really not too sure why you contest this obvious point and get so uptight about it?

EK

Superpilot
7th Dec 2010, 09:57
EKs argument is both logical and in all probability correct

Alt Crz Green - 0, Young Wannabes Utd - 2

corsair
7th Dec 2010, 11:30
You are right though Alt Crz Green, generally there is no prior connection to ALT as I made clear in my posts. But it's no secret that they can and do cherrypick to suit their own idea of what constitutes an Aer Lingus pilot. No conspiracies. It's just the way it's done.

VJW
7th Dec 2010, 13:18
Bit of a ridiculous statement that Corsair.

What company in the world doesn't try and cherry pick applicants to best suit their own company?

drfaust
7th Dec 2010, 15:29
I was thinking the exact same thing. However it's always easier to delude yourself with fantasies of nepotism because it's much harder to look in the mirror and realise that there are maybe more qualified chaps about.

Righteo.

st patrick
7th Dec 2010, 19:36
There will be more applicants than jobs.
The majority of applicants will be suitable.
A few will screw up the sim/interview.
A few will know someone in EI
Quite a few will have gone to schools previously used by EI
Some will have type ratings with experience
Some will have type ratings with no experience

End result: lots of suitable pilots for EI to choose from, whom EI can then mold into EI line pilots.

There is no magic formula as to what makes the ideal EI pilot. They wont necessarily pick the guy/gal who has the most experience on type nor the guy who scored highest in exams.Aer Lingus is made up of an eclectic mix of cadets, ex-military, other airlines and self sponsored. If I can offer one piece of advice. With such a large field to pick from, you will have to make the interviewers remember you. You will have to stand out from the other 10 they interviewed that day.

The best of luck to all - I still enjoy working there!

Pat

VFE
7th Dec 2010, 20:33
Sorry to dispel another myth, but I was recently told by a good friend at EI that an insider nod to HR was now frowned upon.

VFE.

VJW
8th Dec 2010, 09:19
can't you simply call the number back from the 'missed calls' section of the phone. even if your phone has problems displaying the number it should still call it no?

Polorutz
8th Dec 2010, 09:56
Coffin, Background is 650 total, 400 on the bus at the moment.

sandookah
8th Dec 2010, 10:07
hi will i need to know what is the feo time please

Polorutz
8th Dec 2010, 10:14
I think FE time is Flight Examiner or Flight Engineer time, at least that's what I assumed when I filled out my application, since I didn't have either I left it blank.

timzsta
8th Dec 2010, 12:15
"You will have to make the interviewers remember you from the other 10 they interview that day". If fortunate enough to be interviewed I will be attending in fancy dress:ok:

floss689
8th Dec 2010, 15:03
Hi all

Did anybody who sent their application by mail receive a confirmation that it had reached them? Or did anybody who sent it by mail get an interview?

Coffin Corner
8th Dec 2010, 15:24
No & no

I wonder if it's worth the risk emailing them to see if they received it? :confused:

Tugnut
8th Dec 2010, 15:28
By mail and not a dicky bird.

floss689
8th Dec 2010, 16:08
Its probably worth trying to call or email or re-apply via email. Mine couldn't have got lost, I posted it from Dublin airport...or could it! An Post..."We're not there yet, but we're getting there"!!

Muvo85
8th Dec 2010, 18:13
As I already posted here I mailed mine too, received nothing. I then emailed them asking them if they received it in their post, still nothing! So today I emailed the application, still yet to receive a reply!
I dunno...all a waste of time I feel.

Happy Wanderer
8th Dec 2010, 18:31
Posted mine pretty much the day the advert when live, and heard nothing so far. Personally I'm NOT waiting by the letterbox, phone or inbox - if I get an acknowledgement (let alone an interview), I'll be quite surprised.

HW

VFE
8th Dec 2010, 19:43
1300+ applying for 40 jobs. G'luck folks!

VFE.

Damianik
8th Dec 2010, 19:53
same 1300 applying for BA, BA cityflier, qatar, emirates, turkish airlines etc etc....i personally applied to all those.
we will eventually all get a job...right?
D

quazz
8th Dec 2010, 20:28
there's nothing like mindless optimism :E

Burger81
9th Dec 2010, 07:17
Folks &

Coffin Corner

I wonder if it's worth the risk emailing them to see if they received it?

Just to let you know.... I emailed them using the application email address the other day asking if they had received my application (sent by email weeks ago) and they replied later that day, confirming they had received it, but hadn't screened it yet due to the volume of applicants. Said they would get back to me if my screening was successful, but please be patient!! :ugh::{

Good luck to all

Burger81

MCDU2
9th Dec 2010, 07:58
AL have taken a similar approach to BA in their selection. Run a quick screen on those that tick the boxes and get them in quick.

A huge volume of applications has been received which has no doubt swamped the HR department. There is no dedicated HR department for Flight Operations so these people are taken from their day to day work in order to deal with the pilot recruitment. I heard through the grapevine that many have already gone through the selection process with offers issued. One thing I can say for certainty having had friends try to get hired in the past. AL are not good at communication. If you aren't selected for interview then quite possibly you will never hear from them.

Happy Wanderer
9th Dec 2010, 08:04
Personally I'm NOT waiting by the letterbox, phone or inbox - if I get an acknowledgement (let alone an interview), I'll be quite surprised.

My point precisely....

HW

Ben_Sisko
9th Dec 2010, 08:52
do EI do sim cx on a320, and is this with sim tech?

Coffin Corner
9th Dec 2010, 08:53
burger81

Thank you for that. Good luck mate :ok:

Love_joy
9th Dec 2010, 11:24
I emailed the form back 2 or 3 days after the advert went live. They replied within 24 hrs to say they had it. Fair play, and great piece of mind for me.

I'm still waiting for further info, I have Jet and TP time but I'm not yet a bus driver, so not holding my breath just yet. Being a Dubliner, I'm still hopeful to pull off EI at some point in my career. If I do, I know I'll be there for the long haul as I've never wanted to be anywhere else.

To those of you already on the bus, forget EI and apply to Emirates! :ok:

Good luck everybody!

TwoTone-7
9th Dec 2010, 18:37

Coffin Corner
9th Dec 2010, 18:43
It will 5 years from licence issue TwoTone-7, but that will be your CPL, not your ATPL because obviously you haven't had the full ATPL issued yet. (maybe annotate the application?)

Good luck :ok:

CC

TwoTone-7
10th Dec 2010, 08:44
Many Thanks for that, all sorted now. :)

Love_joy
13th Dec 2010, 13:26
From EI website;
Direct Entry First Officer
Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London-Gatwick

The closing date for receipt of applications for the above positions has now passed.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have applied for the position of First Officer with Aer Lingus.
We are delighted with the volume of applications we have received and have commenced the screening and selection process for these positions.
Aer Lingus will be in contact in the near future with those who best meet our criteria.
Thank you for your patience.

Am I right in thinking that screening has only really started in earnest now that the door has been shut to new applications?

Or is that just wishful thinking??? :)

bluk
13th Dec 2010, 14:43
The closing date was on 10 December, so I think that they wrote it to inform laggards ;)
Has anyone been invited to interview since that date? Any calls today ?

Happy Wanderer
13th Dec 2010, 16:13
For info, just received the following email response to my postal application:

"Aer Lingus Recruitment
Direct Entry First Officer
Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London-Gatwick

Many thanks for your email and application form for the position of First Officer with Aer Lingus.
The closing date for receipt of applications was 12.00 on Friday 10th December 2010 and we would like to confirm receipt of your application.
We are in the process of screening all applications and if you meet our criteria we may be back in contact with you.
Due to the high volume of applications, this may take some time so we would like to thank you in advance for your patience.
We are requesting that you don’t respond to this e-mail due to the large amount of correspondence received to date".

HW

Robby966
13th Dec 2010, 16:17
I also sent my application by post and received the same email this evening.......good luck to all who applied :)

Burger81
13th Dec 2010, 18:40
I also received the same email message, but I had applied by email.... shortly after receiving the first email, i got a "recall" message saying that the sender wished to recall the original email :uhoh:

anyone else have the same happen to them??

I-AINC
13th Dec 2010, 19:05
Same second email also for me. I've applied via standard mail.

Michi
13th Dec 2010, 19:15
I sent my application by mail november 13th, received following acknowledgement on the 15th: "To whom it may concern,

Thank you for applying for a position within Aer Lingus.

Should your application meet our required criteria we will be in contact.

Best Regards,
Recruitment Aer Lingus "

Today as the colleagues above also received both the message and recall..... We'll see what happens.

Happy Wanderer
14th Dec 2010, 10:02
Yep, also got the recall mail message and by some spooky coincidence rec'd it not long after posting here to say I'd at last had an acknowledgement to the original postal application. Hmmm :O

HW

karioca
14th Dec 2010, 10:36
Me too.Think everybody got the same both mails, aknowledgement and recall...

good luck all!

timzsta
14th Dec 2010, 11:05
I never got the recall. Sent mine by email.

Happy Wanderer
14th Dec 2010, 16:21
Second email from HR rec'd this morning, pretty much identical to the first one rec'd yesterday which was recalled. Just waiting for the second recall message then.... :ugh:

HW

meggriffin
14th Dec 2010, 16:29
Me too Happy Wanderer, although I didn't receive mine till around 3pm. Aer Lingus sort this out!!!!

Coffin Corner
14th Dec 2010, 17:04
Received a second one today also, but nothing about "recall".

manta02
15th Dec 2010, 11:37
who already done the interview could you report that day, what they ask etc etc, any information will be appreciate...thanks

Ben_Sisko
15th Dec 2010, 21:24
any1 know if the aptitude testing plays a big part in overall process?

SW1
15th Dec 2010, 21:36
whats involved in the assessment and do you already hold an A320TR? Just trying to gauge what kind of peeps they are inviting?

decky24
15th Dec 2010, 21:53
wonder how many they interviewed

Superpilot
16th Dec 2010, 09:06
App closed on the 10th (in practice 3 days ago), yet interviews were being conducted well before then and recruitment now almost over.

Can I call it a charade yet? :confused:

EK4457
16th Dec 2010, 10:46
Yes you can.

meggriffin
16th Dec 2010, 18:36
Does anyone have any real information about the recruitment process os is it all just hearsay at the moment. Has anyone thats type rated been called for interview yet??

VFE
16th Dec 2010, 20:27
Everyone I talk to has been very tight-lipped, and they're not normally the types for tight-lippedness [sic]... if you get my meaning?

In other words: there's been very little happen yet.

VFE.

meggriffin
17th Dec 2010, 11:00
So according to one guy, recruitment is 95% finished, and according to another guy not much has happened yet................ so who is correct???

Coffin Corner
17th Dec 2010, 11:03
Somewhere inbetween? :E

Todders
21st Dec 2010, 10:40
Wouldn't get too excited if your not TR'd on the bus. I was interviewed, sim checked and passed them all last year, was put into a hold pool, contacted them again when they opened the recruitment to see what was happening and just got told they are aware of all the profiles in the hold pool and would be considering all. Sounds to me like you either have to be rated on the bus or coming through CTC. Prob. more of the later, Sorry to be negative.

PS 73 rated

SW1
21st Dec 2010, 17:04
So knowone here has been called yet?? Cant believe the rumour that all the recruitment and training has been completed already.....

REDARROW777
21st Dec 2010, 19:28
Has anyone heard anything at all about the interviewing process? I really find it quite strange that absolutley no one is posting anything with regard to the interview.

I have been told that 2 people have been invited for interview last week and guess what......these two people have very very good contacts within EI...quelle suprise!!!! So it seems its a who-you-know and not-what you-know sort of jobs for the boys set up. I'm just waiting to hear just when these guys have a sim as I'm sure it all just a formality and I'm willing to bet anything that these two candidates will get Dublin as a base. Why did I bother at all sending in my application??????????????:{

Green Army
22nd Dec 2010, 18:05
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is ANYBODY out there who can help me with some details on what the interview format is. I would be most grateful if somebody can post something here or PM me with what is likely to come up in the interview.

It surprises me that there is a clear lack on this post regarding interview and selection details. Why is this? You see plenty being shared on different posts with other airlines. It would be nice if we can see the same here!

I have a friend of mine hoping to attend the selection. It has been years since I have been through the system. That's why I am pleading to the you guys. It would be amazing if somebody can respond or PM me!

I remember that the main interview was a very informal event. Two people, one pilot, one HR. Simple questions like: who are you, where are you from and things like that. Only aviation related questions had to do with CAT II/III minima. Comms failure and pilot incapacitation or some other simple scenario. That's it. All in all a very simple and informal event. Nice guys who aren't there to catch you out!

Let me know if things have changed or what my friend should concentrate on!

Look forward to any replies!!

Cheers,:ok:

GA

Burger81
28th Dec 2010, 12:07
A friend of mine who trained through CTC has advised me he has been told that Aer Lingus have a TR course starting in the next few months for some of the CTC pool, so looks like us NON CTC/Oxford integrated low houred guys don't get a look in again! :mad::{

If you are low houred non integrated and have been contacted by Aer lingus, please post on here and give us some hope :rolleyes:

Muvo85
28th Dec 2010, 14:05
I know of two people:

One from FR with no more that 1.5 yrs on the 738 who did the interview, the tests (?) and the sim check. Not sure if he passed but I would imagine he did and that he is waiting to start the TR.

And the other, went to the interview about two weeks ago and has yet to hear/be called for further.

Both are well connected to EI after a lot of well directed ass kissing over their very short careers in aviation (well done to them :D). However, I'm afraid they are the type of people who would never ever post anything here about their interview/sim checks with EI. They do however, read these posts and laugh to themselves at us poor souls! :(

Burger81,
Neither from CTC or Oxford! They're from a one stop modular course.

Superpilot
28th Dec 2010, 15:21
The recruitment racists strike again!

tony2F
28th Dec 2010, 16:18
a one stop modular, in other words PTC??

Superpilot
28th Dec 2010, 19:27
But as the guy says, they had at least a years worth of multi-crew medium category jet time. Once you reach that stage IT DOES become a level playing field.

Muvo85
28th Dec 2010, 19:52
Tony2f, :ok:

Superpilot, only one of them has a year and a half on the 73 the other has no more than 300TT.

kumbaya
28th Dec 2010, 20:46
Why do they even bother advertising for jobs etc ?
I really hate the fact that it took me forever to fill out the form by hand, scan it etc....all for nothing.
I wouldn't mind it if we got a fair chance, but this is absurd.

(But anyway, congrats to the guys that got the job. I only wished i knew the right people.)

lesserweevil
29th Dec 2010, 11:48
is it all over then? I got the email ... but nothing else :(

Love_joy
29th Dec 2010, 20:25
I'm not sure what to make of this at all.... I can only imagine those who are 'in', if they even are, were previously in hold pools.

One has to wonder though, why they would go to the effort of advertising these posts at all? If it was truly a back hander setup, this wouldnt be necessary surely.

If the messages above are true, I'm disappointed. I'm desperate to return home, or at least get myself to a position on the air bridge home.

I've roughly 2500 hrs, and 3 commercial types. Jet and TP mix. Had the email, nothing further yet.

I'm still hopeful though.... Fingers crossed the quietness is simply due to the Christmas break!

Burger81
30th Dec 2010, 09:49
With regards to why do they advertise at all??.... i'm not sure if its anything like the real world in Aviation recruitment, but i am led to believe by a HR manager i know, that companies must go through the motions of advertising vacant positions, regardless of whether they already have people earmarked to fill the positions.... this way they can't be done for discrimiation!! Not sure of how true this is, but realastically, how much effort does it really take to post an advert, only to send out a generic email to everyone who has taken the time and effort to fill in the application form, then "file" these applications in the trash!!!
Its certainly not fair on those of you/us who meet the criteria, but just don't know the Chief Pilots, next door neighbours, childs music teacher, but i guess this will never change.

Good luck to all

max tanking
1st Jan 2011, 14:12
To all of those out there wondering what the process is like at SHAMrock.

Been a little while since I went through the process, but if it helps. There were a couple of trips to DUB. First was a stupid set of IQ type tests. I believe they were called indices matrices, basically a what comes next type of affair. Matching patterns, and they start off pretty easy and get more difficult. They were ok if you took your time and looked for patterns. You can look them up online. Was trying to remember which site I used to practice, but if you get a call for interview I am sure I could find out.

The interview was on the same day. There was an HR bod and a management pilot. Usual why, how, tell me about questions. Tech questions were along the lines of what is VMCG/A, Mach tuck and coffin corner. Nothing new if you've been through the ACE book. I've heard of guys getting strange questions like How does a microwave work? TV work? Combustion engine?
Again pretty straight forward if you do your homework. They really are seeing if you will fit in to the Aer Lingus profile. Now that's a whole new thread!
If you get on well here it's into the A320 sim for the sim check.

For the sim assessment, you will have one of the old hand instructors. True gentlemen, everyone of them. They want you to pass. The brief is comprehensive and will give you all the information you need. If you are already on the bus, it will pretty much be a basic PC, if you have not flown airbus before, I might suggest having a very good go on a flight sim, and a read up on how the control laws on the airbus differ from what you're on at the moment. Even a quick hour in a sim at your own expense. That'll just give you a feel for the bus. No it's not cheating. If you're up against people that are type rated, its just increasing the odds in your favour.

If you get through the sim, you'll get an appointment for a medical. If you have a Class 1 you'll have no problems.

Hope that helps.
I don't know if they've started, finished recruitment. In all honesty I doubt if the dumb-asses in HR have a clue what's going on. Hassle the hell out them is my advice, in a nice way. Just so they know who you are. Not to the point of pishing them off. If you don't, and you are waiting for them to call you. It'll be a long old wait. Those with contacts will get a call, just because thats the way EI is. Be under no illusion, you will not be working for a legacy carrier. If you are with a decent jet carrier now, have a long think about making the leap. However, if you want to be home, then if you can deal with the time to command and all the other cr@p that comes with the job. go for it. Day to day, it's a great job. Just go in,do the job, have a laugh, get paid. Could be worse.

All the best.
Happy New Year.

Max

Its_me
6th Jan 2011, 21:15
Does anybody know how is going the recruitment process at tis company?.
I applied for FO last december.
Could you tell me how is the live at Aer Lingus?, roaster?, sallary?, working conditions? ....

yoland
7th Jan 2011, 17:58
All very quiet here,i guess the hard working HR dpt deserve an extra few days to recover after the festive season .:confused:

Love_joy
13th Jan 2011, 15:51
Without being too specific, when did you undergo assessment in Dublin?

Ben_Sisko
13th Jan 2011, 22:49
i'm still waiting, rang hr last week, they said my app hadnt gone yet to board yet due to disruption of snow over xmas period...which i find very hard to believe....dealings with hr from the start have been some what mystifying / baffling / confusing to say the least...

Love_joy
13th Jan 2011, 23:05
Small price to pay if you get there in the end!

Still waiting for my interview....

Coffin Corner
13th Jan 2011, 23:11
Same here, Lovejoy ;)

Ben_Sisko
14th Jan 2011, 12:37
indeed.......

Balkanhawk
14th Jan 2011, 16:49
Friend of mine in EI told me four are on the course at the moment. Don't know what their backgrounds were though but I will keep the ears open.:uhoh:

Lord Lardy
14th Jan 2011, 18:10
I believe only 8 people have started so far. 5 appear to be cadet entry, 2 are ex military, and one type rated. There are at least 42 and perhaps 50 if not more jobs to be filled yet as far as I am aware. Aer Lingus have only one very busy A320 simulator at it's disposal. I believe the plan is to start courses every three weeks between now and the forseeable with 4 on each course. Interviews are ongoing and I understand they are covering all experience levels from cadet entry to airline experienced. I've heard pilots from various airlines, Ryanair, Cityjet, Aer Arann and some rated Easyjet people are currently going through selection along with low houred people aswell. It seems to only be the start of the process so I would be a little patient yet.

Love_joy
15th Jan 2011, 00:46
Lord Lardy,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments. I had all but written off EI on this occasion...

If you read back through this thread you'll realise why. Plenty of rumours indicating the doors are as good as shut already.

I'll wait till the Summer before I give up completely ;-)

kumbaya
15th Jan 2011, 06:42
Thanks for the info Lord Lardy, there's still hope it seems !

HowlingMadMurdoch
19th Jan 2011, 15:11
Has anyone who has completed all 3 stages of the process in the last few weeks heard anything?

There must be quite a backlog of candidates through the process at this stage, yet the assessments continue full steam ahead.

I've heard of people receiving letters (negative) in the post after the interview stage only but I've yet to hear of anyone who has been through the 3 stages receive a thanks but no thanks letter or good news. (Apart from the 8 guys who've already started on 2 courses).

Must be patient...

SW1
20th Jan 2011, 16:51
Received the following reply today after emailing HR requesting any updates:

Dear SW1,

We are confirming receipt of your inquiry as to the status of your application.

At this time, we are currently undertaking the initial screening process.

Due to the large volume of applications received, this may take some time so we thank you in advance for your patience.

Should you meet the necessary criteria we will be in contact in due course.

Best Regards,
HR Team

NukeHunt
26th Jan 2011, 15:43
I'd applied back in December and hadn't heard anything since the standard "thanks for your application - we'll be in touch" email, then yesterday I checked my email to find this :-

Many thanks for your application form for the position of First Officer with Aer Lingus. The closing date for receipt of applications was 12.00 on Friday 10th December 2010 and we would like to confirm receipt of your application.

We are in the process of screening all applications and should you meet our criteria we may be back in contact with you. Due to the high volume of applications, this may take some time so we would like to thank you in advance for your patience.

It's pretty much identical to the one they previously sent back in December, but still it seems like there is still a small glimmer of hope that my application has done something to trigger another email response, and it hasn't been filed in the recycle bin just yet.

Coffin Corner
26th Jan 2011, 16:46
Nuke are you bus rated?

mototopo
26th Jan 2011, 16:51
Hi there!

So seems to be that selections are still in progress and people has to be called yet..
Does anybody know if EI is screening / has screened typerated people from outside Ireland and Uk?

TKS:ok:

Boing7117
26th Jan 2011, 17:05
I got the same email as NukeHunt sent yesterday, which too, led me to believe there is an application form with my name on that hasn't been binned just yet.

I'm not airbus rated.

Love_joy
26th Jan 2011, 20:30
I have a friend who was called for interview recently, he had all but given up hope too.

He is non Airbus rated.

mototopo
9th Feb 2011, 18:59
Hi there!

Any news?
Still waiting for a call or email..

TKS:ok:

onone
11th Feb 2011, 22:54
I received a call recently. 2000 hours TP
Any help would be much appreciated!!

cvemery
14th Feb 2011, 20:48
Hello all,

I have just been offered a job as FO on an A320 for Aer Lingus.

I applied back in december and got a surprise phone call about 2 weeks ago and after 3 trips to Dublin and over £1000 of flight costs I got offered the job.

I originally graduated from an OAA integrated course back in 2009. However since then I have been volunteering at a private charter company flying twin pistons and flying a C172 on traffic survey! I have 400TT and no type rating.

OAA did not help me one bit to get this job. I did it all myself.

No everyone that graduates from OAA thinks they will go straight into a jet, some of us work really hard doing whatever we can to get our first job.

SW1
15th Feb 2011, 10:13
So by the looks of things, the "desirable" criteria was a load of :mad:. There are plenty of rated guys out there but it seem Lingus have hired more integrated bods with no type. Well done to the guys that have got through.

vespucci1234
15th Feb 2011, 10:29
EI have recruited lots of guys from different backgrounds...when I attended selection there was a whole cross section. I had loads of hours on type whilst the person next to me had no hours.

Also, why bother with EI? You get paid more at most other low cost airlines with their severely downgraded T&Cs in their regional bases.

VFE
15th Feb 2011, 18:19
So someone with a couple of hundred hours doing dog work in a spamcan gets a job over hundreds of experienced guys with jet time and OAA on their CV had nothing to do with it? If you expect me to swallow that then keep dreaming! LoL Congrats on getting an initial interview, nevermind the job mate - think yourself lucky you're not in my shoes and still instructing and well on the way towards the 3000 hour mark. I sadly don't have OAA on my CV but just a bundle of invoices for renewed IR's and PFO's over the past 5 years. All those 'contacts' nurtured haven't been able to help one jot either! Perhaps its time for me to move on in life methinks but I digress......

VFE.

73addict
15th Feb 2011, 18:35
Don't give up VFE the industry is on the mend and your hours will definitely be useful. Word is BA are due to open their doors again to NON TR'd people again in April/May. I think the Charter industry is dead though for a while as they are consumed by rated seasonal contracts to keep costs down for their low seasons. The Loco's may be worth watching as Ryan, Easy and Jet 2 will need a fair few people as the jobs start coming. Not ideal, maybe, but a start!

As for the low hour guys, good luck to them, all airlines need a variety of experience and ages so as not to have everyone retiring or coming up for command at the same time. I agree frustrating for the experienced guys but you can bet that all the jobs going at Lingus haven't gone to low hour non tr'd people.

Good luck to all :ok:

VFE
15th Feb 2011, 19:25
Thanks 73addict! Sorry for the negativity.

VFE.

max_continuous
16th Feb 2011, 00:16
"So someone with a couple of hundred hours doing dog work in a spamcan gets a job over hundreds of experienced guys with jet time and OAA on their CV had nothing to do with it? If you expect me to swallow that then keep dreaming! LoL Congrats on getting an initial interview, nevermind the job mate - think yourself lucky you're not in my shoes and still instructing and well on the way towards the 3000 hour mark." ...

While I suspect that your tone is slightly sarcastic, so please don't think I'm having a go, in reality it's probably not far away from the truth that Oxford have had little to do with it!

I'm informed that the "Manager: Graduate Recruitment" at Oxford who was so proudly displayed to us all as vastly experienced and having the best interests of graduates at the forefront of his concerns (despite looking suspiciously young and having a slighty disinterested manner) has recently naffed off to Jet2. Fair play to him, I wish him many happy hours flying, but I suspect he hasn't given a proverbial poo for some time, in fact, I have an interesting email which would suggest as much (I hope he has since learned the merits of editing before sending)!

FlyingTinCans
16th Feb 2011, 00:40
I have just been offered a job as FO on an A320 for Aer Lingus.
cvemery
Where did you get based? Are you given a choice or just put where they want you?
Congrats on the job, I hope to be joining you soon :ok:

Before anyone asks im not a newbie, I did do an integrated course many moons ago though, not type rated, current turboprop pilot.

cvemery
16th Feb 2011, 16:44
To VFE: I believe your comment may be in relation to my post in getting a job. It is quite insulting that you feel that way towards me. I have worked in a C172 yes but have also logged over 150hrs in a Cessna T303 on throughout Europe IFR. I have had to deal with genuine Mayday emergencies and even got into flight international due to my unusual use of an ELT beacon. All this work was done UNPAID. I worked as a waitress not even able to pay my rent just to deperatly keep my dreams alive by keeping my hand in flying. Just because i went to OAA should not be an excuse to be harsh to me. The other guys who got a job went to FTE and pilot training college, so its not just OAA guys.

OAA did not help me one bit. In fact they hindered me...but thats another story. I paid for all my renewals and am over £100,000 in debt but I worked really hard to get this job, as I have said above.

I donk know why Aer Lingus have chosen to pick low houred guys but they probably have their reasons. Its no reason to get bitter to the people who have been offered the job.

To FlyingTinCans: Thank you for your kind words! Im based in Gatwick. I said id prefer that base because I have family in the UK so it will be easier to visit them. I believe you do have a choice in the irish bases, although I have heard that Cork and Dublin go to more experienced guys who bid on those bases. Good Luck. They seem to be randomly ringing people up. The whole process goes pretty fast...I week from phone call to job offer!

Burger81
17th Feb 2011, 07:42
cvemery The whole process goes pretty fast...I week from phone call to job offer!

When did you receive the phone call please? Your initial "i got the job" post was on 14th. Did you only receive the first phone call at the start of Februaruy? (Does that mean there is still hope for those of us still waiting?) :confused:

7574ever
17th Feb 2011, 13:16
Hi!

I know this is probably a stupid question but here goes:

Do you guys think this recruitment at EI is a one time thing or will there be more to come next fall/year??

I won't be in back in Europe until the summer, so just trying to gauge my options when I get back.

Thanks and congrats to those who got the job!

cvemery
17th Feb 2011, 16:34
Burger81: I got the call on Friday 28th Jan for the interview on 1st of feb, aptitude on 3rd feb and sim on 8th Feb. Job offer on 9th. So just over a week but pretty quick!

VFE
18th Feb 2011, 10:02
Cvemery,

Sorry if my posting caused you upset. Truth is that it's a bitter pill to swallow whenever one sees someone get a leg up quicker than ones self. I guess it was wrong to single out OAA as the proverbial ace trump, moreover it seems any graduate of an integrated school stands in much more solid shoes in the airlines eyes than someone who came up via the 'self improver' route.

My primary rancour is that my CV has never even qualified me for initial interview with an airline after 5 years slumming it in GA. I wouldn't mind so much had I had a chance to walk through their doors just to give myself the chance to balls it up for myself! But nada. Nothing. Even direct approaches have failed. Friends working for airlines have fallen on stoney ground whenever they've attempted to "put a word in". For an industry that prides itself on it's intelligence it doesn't half seem to have a prejudice against hard grafters coming up via the 'old system' of self improving. But anyway, that's why I seem bitter and I apologise once more, this time for thread creep.

For long enough I have toe'd the line, bitten my lip, kissed backsides and bought pints for guys in this industry but I am afraid my patience has started to wear a bit thin of late. Perhaps that is because I resent having to put myself in nausiating and sometimes dangerous positions when flying that I would otherwise rather avoid, just to make money and to keep the dream alive - namely, that I might someday be eligible to grace the doorstep of an airline for an initial interview. That would be a start. It niggles after all these years. I have been after this as a career for some time (check my sign up date) but hey, I have said my bit. Enough said.

Congratulations on your job and apologies for doubting your acumen for it.

VFE. (showing my vintage using terms such as 'self improver'!)

EK4457
18th Feb 2011, 14:08
VFE,

I may be 4 years behind you on the date I signed up but, that aside, could have written that post word-for-word myself.

Everybody keeps telling me it will happen eventually. We'll see.....I might not want to by then!

Flying Wild
21st Feb 2011, 15:55
I just got a call for interview next Thursday from Aer Lingus HR based on my application from before Christmas. Unforunately I've already sprung for a TR with another operator (with a firm job offer before stumping up the cash - the most important factor IMHO) and am well stuck in to the course and enjoying it thoroughly.
Never mind eh, it's another opportunity for someone else.

Burger81
21st Feb 2011, 20:18
Wg100,

Can you tell us what your experience is please? Obviously you were non-tr'd, but what hours, int or modular etc?

Many thanks

cvemery
23rd Feb 2011, 15:16
VFE: Apology accepted. No worries! I understand it is extremely frustrating that you have worked for so long in the aviation industry and yet no airline has given you a break. I dont know why that is the case. My collegue that I worked with while flying traffic survey in the C172SP has over 2500 hours on the 172....and yet he is yet to have an interview with anyone...even though he has applied. Apparently they tell him he has "too much single VFR time and not enough multi IFR". However if you dont get the opportunity to fly multi engined planes there is nothing you can do.

Your instructor experience should be sought after. I have no idea why Aer Lingus is taking low houred people, but I expect they have taken type-rated individuals as well. Their recruiting does seen to be random. All I can say is hang in there. I pray you get an opportunity soon :)

VFE
25th Feb 2011, 12:04
Thanks bro. :)

I am probably in the same boat as your collegue. Nothing much one can do about it unless the company one works for decides they want to get your no applied instrument restriction removed or even better - pay for you to get the multi instructor rating. 30 hours PIC is a lot and I decided some time back that I had put enough cash into this career and refuse point blank now on the grounds of maintaining my sanity to pay out anymore to try and get a leg up. What will be will be from now on....

VFE.

FlyingTinCans
1st Mar 2011, 09:53
Has anyone who had the psychometric testing in the last two weeks heard anything about a SIM check yet?....

Herc708
2nd Mar 2011, 21:23
I had the 'call' for the cleaning job and am now a swimmer in the 'pool' ('pit'?). The selection day started with a talk from the Director of Cleaning on how we were lucky to be selected for interview as there were thousands of applicants for the cleaning jobs. Then we had a psychometric testing session, a group task followed by an interview with an HR bod and one of the cleaners. The final part was an interview with a psychiatrist which goes over your childhood etc and silly family questions e.g. what does your mother do for a living

DRM1973
3rd Mar 2011, 17:49
Flyingtincans
I had the psychometric tests last week and had a call today for the sim.
Has anyone who has recently experienced the sim check got any tips or advice? Cheers

stinglevens
17th Mar 2011, 09:17
hi guys,

anyone been to the interview recently? looking to see what was asked and any advice would be greatly appreciaited.

arc44
10th Apr 2011, 22:08
Got an interview this next week. Application was submitted last winter sometime (so long ago I forget when), and I got a call last Wednesday. Could someone who has gone through the process give some advice on type of questions asked (both technical and competency based) please :)

Thanks everyone!

max_continuous
20th Apr 2011, 17:35
Hi folks,

I have been called for psychometric tests and interview in Dublin next week following application before Christmas. To say I am in shock would be an understatement!

Can anyone recently through the process shed some light please, particularly as to whether there are many tech questions (I will need to do some serious revision)?

Thanks.

(For info, low hours, ex-OAA, absolutely no OAA involvement just sheer luck)

FireFoxDown
25th Apr 2011, 08:40
Are they still looking for guys does anyone know? Nothing mentioned on their website under the "Careers & Vacancies" section. Thanks!

floss689
25th Apr 2011, 20:00
djfingerscrossed

Thats interesting. Do you mind me asking where did you hear that??

max_continuous
25th Apr 2011, 23:25
@FireFoxDown

Think the applications remain closed, my application was submitted by post in December last year and the call for this week very unexpected.

170to5
25th Apr 2011, 23:53
djfc would be correct. that's all i have to say about that.

FireFoxDown
26th Apr 2011, 07:09
MC - many thanks for that and good luck with your application.

Hopefully they open up the application process again soon!

power.r
10th Jun 2011, 14:30
Did ANYONE get past the interview or even get hired ??

:ugh:

Love_joy
10th Jun 2011, 17:00
Plenty passed the interview and progressed to psychometric.

Quite a few did the sim check.

Very very few have been offered jobs. They continue to turn down really good candidates. Haven't a clue why.

FireFoxDown
22nd Jun 2011, 09:16
Sorry to hear that Deano - how far did you get and what's your background?

IAEdude
22nd Jun 2011, 09:32
Fellas,

Just got an email from EIN today, I´m afraid im not successful. 2800+ on the bus.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

I'm Off!
22nd Jun 2011, 12:55
PFO today for me too, some 7 months later...

assymetricdrift
22nd Jun 2011, 14:03
I haven't had it yet...

But then again, I haven't heard anything otherwise either!

Sammetje
22nd Jun 2011, 14:10
For me PFO as well 2 weeks after the interview, by letter... 800 on the bus 1000tt

Superpilot
23rd Jun 2011, 09:11
Applied December still no PFO!

Deep and fast
24th Jun 2011, 09:33
Got a PFO as well 3500T, 2000 medium jet. Just as well I don't need it now :)

McNulty
24th Jun 2011, 11:05
Pfo

1700 b737, 2000 tt.

stuckgear
24th Jun 2011, 11:38
Applied Dec, got PFO this week.

airbuddy
24th Jun 2011, 15:17
What does pfo stand for??
thanx

skyways1452
24th Jun 2011, 15:38
Curiously, the DEFO ad on the ALT site was replaced by a listing for a:

Manpower Planning Analyst (http://www.aerlingus.com/aboutus/careersvacancies/manpowerplanninganalyst/#d.en.9501)

in the last few days. Interesting.

Sammetje
24th Jun 2011, 16:04
please **** off!!!!!!

kumbaya
24th Jun 2011, 16:27
Got it as well, PFO !
For reference, i'm a 'lowtimer' .

Good luck all !

NukeHunt
24th Jun 2011, 17:04
PFO for me too.