PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Jersey "Battle of Flowers" pilot!

akerosid
9th Apr 2001, 15:53
The Jersey pilot who was charged with display infringements arising from his "petal drop" during last August's Battle of Flowers festival, has been discharged. The first charge was dropped and the Magistrate struck out the second. Effectively, this is a complete acquittal.

Congratulations - and no doubt a major relief!

Flyswift
9th Apr 2001, 16:07
Great news .......

B17 PLT
9th Apr 2001, 16:28
Great news Martin!

Many Tsingtao's please! :) :) :)

dingo084
9th Apr 2001, 16:41
What great news for Martin.

So who's going to put their hand up for the next drop?

Sorry I have a head cold that weekend and am unable to fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ding :) http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif :) http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

RVR800
9th Apr 2001, 18:50
Love to do it old chap

Regretfully my diary finds me watching television on that day ..

Tartan Giant
9th Apr 2001, 21:06
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with the greatest delight that I can tell you, as my friend has done above, that the Jersey Court found in favour of Martin, and declared he be given an ABSOLUTE DISCHARGE and indeed awarded him Costs.

The Magistrate basically thought the case should never have been brought to Court. This obviously throws a very dark shadow on the aviation career of the much loved Jersey airport director.

Needless to say, Martin will be taking matters further…..a lot, lot further !

I’m sure you would all want to wish Martin every future success, now that this dastardly plan to blot his faultless copybook has well and truly been blown to hell.

WELL DONE MARTIN Let the Battle of the Flowers commence !

Man-on-the-fence
9th Apr 2001, 21:40
Excellent news Congratulations. :)

Will we see the wonderful T-28 on the dispay circuit this year?

[This message has been edited by Man-on-the-fence (edited 09 April 2001).]

Sleeve Wing
9th Apr 2001, 22:24
What an excellent decision from the Magistrate.Of course the case should never have been brought.
For heaven's sake, the guy was asked to do the drop (and at his own expense, no doubt.)

Would like to be a fly on the wall when our friendly Airport Boss is hauled in to explain himself..........
Go for it, Martin.

Mr Chips
9th Apr 2001, 22:30
Nice one!

Guern
9th Apr 2001, 22:35
Great News. For once common sense has prevailed.

I am glad to hear Martin was awarded costs as Jersey Advocates are very expensive!

Crapaud
9th Apr 2001, 22:52
In reply to Sleeve Wing - there is very little chance of the 'friendly Airport Boss' being asked to explain himself to anyone.

Flying Lawyer
10th Apr 2001, 01:03
Good News!
Congratulations to you - and to your lawyer!!

InFinRetirement
10th Apr 2001, 02:44
Oustanding result! Absolutely delighted.

And Crapaud! The airport director might well have to be worried. I believe it was the great Lord Donaldson who once said "Be you everso high, the law is above you!"

Flying Lawyer
10th Apr 2001, 11:18
It was the great Lord Denning.

InFinRetirement
10th Apr 2001, 15:56
Thank you sir, I sit corrected. It was indeed. I got the D right!

Spoonbill
12th Apr 2001, 00:04
:)I met Martin at Duxford today, and I dont want to steal his thunder, but he is extremely grateful for all the support that he has recieved from everyone on this site and elsewhere.
He's had problems accessing pprune, and no doubt will pass his personal message very shortly.
I hope that the Jersey executive board and more importantly, the Jersey tax payers, fully investigate the reason why this petty accusation was bought in the first place.
Go for it Martin!
;)