PDA

View Full Version : BMI Regional

Rougueg
9th Nov 2010, 16:01
Hi all,

Anyone who has recently attended the BMI regional interviews, could you share your experiences.

Mainly info on the technical paper, tech interview and personal interview.

Ok so the whole deal then!

Once i have had my interview (however it turns out) i will post a detailed breakdown in this thread. As i feel this is the only fair way to share information.

Kind regards,

MIKECR
9th Nov 2010, 22:28
Well for the tech part of the interview I would make sure you do plenty reading on the embraer and make sure you also do a bit of study on your current aircraft. Even if your current a/c is a seneca or similar, be prepared to talk about the electrics or something like the hydraulics.....Mr H likes to ask about these things. Also standard stuff like why do jets have swept wings etc.......oh and winglets seems to be a favourite talking point too im led to believe.

Happy Wanderer
10th Nov 2010, 15:09
There's a stack of stuff on the bmir assessment process if you look at past posts on this and the Terms and Endearment sections of the forum, some of it quite recent.

HW

Rougueg
17th Nov 2010, 16:50
Hi all,

As promised some info on the interview. I dont know the result as of yet but fingers crossed.

After arrival there is a 48 mcq paper on topics ranging from transponder codes to hp. Not to difficult so long as you have done a little studying since ground school.

Afterwards is the personality interview and technical interview.

Both interviewers very friendly and make you at ease from the start.
Brief intro to the interview
tell us about yourself and how you got to this point q's
a couple of CRM q's
what makes you angry
best / worst personality traits

then tech quiz

swept wings
mach crit / tuck
tell us about the ERJ 145
tell us about your last aircraft electrical and hydraulic systems

deepstall
winglets

Q from me

All fairly standard and relaxed

Everyone at BMIr was very friendly and makes you feel at ease.

Rougueg

fernytickles
17th Nov 2010, 18:04
How times have changed.... When I went thru the interview process, bmi Regional was still Business Air. 3 interviewers, one of whom asked if I had a boyfriend, and if so, what did he think of me getting a flying job :}
The other two interviewers looked ever so slightly deeply horrified at this huge HR/equal opportunity etc, etc faux pas.

Nearly There
18th Nov 2010, 15:03
Harry, google BMI Regional application form, download and the info is on there...

FIRST OFFICERS
Should have a frozen ATPL, must have completed an MCC course, have a current multi engine Instrument Rating and be in current flying practice.
Preference will be given to pilots with more than 500 hours but all are welcome to apply. Application forms will be retained on file.
GENERAL REQUIRMENTS FOR ALL PILOTS
· All pilots must hold a JAA licence.
· Direct entry Captains who do not have an Embraer type rating will be asked to sign a training bond.
· First Officers will be expected to self fund their type rating. See - F.A.Qs
· Medical must be valid for six months on joining the company or company will not pay for first renewal.
· Applications that do not meet the above requirements will NOT be processed.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What do we mean by a self funded type rating?
A. This only applies to first officers - employee’s contribution towards an Embraer 135/145 type rating would be £12,000, consisting of:-
1. Prior to commencing training the employee would be required to make a non refundable payment of £2,000.
2. The balance would be recovered at a rate of £167.00 per month for 60 months.
Q. Do I need to have an MCC certificate?
A. Yes. Unless you are exempt due to your multi crew experience when a certificate from the CAA would be required
Q. I have not flown for some time, will I still be considered?
A. We will only accept pilots who are in current flying practice. Simulator time is acceptable and may even help you to pass our jet assessment.
Q. Do I need to have a current Instrument Rating?
A. Yes. It is a CAA requirement to have a current multi engine IR at the start of the course for the issue of your first Multi Pilot Type Rating.
Q. Will you notify me when you receive my application?
A. No. We receive so many applications that we can no longer send a receipt message.
Q. Should I contact the company on a regular basis?
A. No, all applications that meet the above requirements will remain on file for one year. After that time they will be destroyed. We are happy to receive an updated application after six months but we do not have time to deal with regular enquiries.

They have been known to take folks with less than 500 hours.