PDA

View Full Version : Revocation Information for the security certificate

Loose rivets
9th Nov 2010, 15:14
This just popped up on the week old installation of my W7. A box in the middle of the desktop on start-up.

It seems to pertain to my router/ISP connection, naming "2 Wire" in the boxes that I can look at. All looks very professional, but I have never been asked to accept this before on this machine or any other.

vulcanised
9th Nov 2010, 16:56
Not sure if it's the same thing but I often get something like 'this server's security certificate has expired' with an option to accept or decline.

Seems like 99% of the time it's a bank related site!

green granite
9th Nov 2010, 17:53
Make sure your system clock is not set for a future time In other words, make sure that your time zone is set correctly, and that the current time displayed on your machine is also correct.

If ok then temporally disable your AV program and reboot to see if that is generating the message.

BOAC
9th Nov 2010, 19:40
If you have a 2wire/pace router, this comes from your handbook - any help?

Unique signed security certificate manufactured into each gateway for TR-069 management authentication

Loose rivets
9th Nov 2010, 20:50
Clock is a few seconds slow according to one of the GMT time links, and indeed my phone.

I'm on my second generation of this AT&T router, so, many installations and years without seeing this option.

Question is, can I feel confident about hitting the button. If it wasn't a new installation, I'd be a bit more gung-ho, but several hours have gone into setting stuff up again.

I do have restore points, but am never entirely confident about them.