PDA

View Full Version : VLJ - Type-Rating - Mustang

plane2000
8th Nov 2010, 14:04
- How much is a Type-Rating on a Mustang? (for a JAR ATPL with lots of previous jet experience)
- Where can it be done?
- Any freelance work possible after that?

LEA
Blink
Wijet

etc....

Or Phenom, Eclipse better?....

proceeding outbound
10th Nov 2010, 20:41
Mustang type / class rating will cost you approximately £17 000 at FSI Farnborough. There may be a TRTO in Germany that offers the Mustang.

Phenom 100 available from CAE Burgess Hill, similar price and contact Flairjet for work - you never know!

I doubt you will find any work at present, last I heard was Blink laying off pilots. The rest seem pretty quite on the work front.

galaxy flyer
11th Nov 2010, 02:52
In this environment, why buy a type rating and restrict yourself to one type for employment? I've been through the bad times of the 70's, 80's, and 90's; buying ratings always comes up by the hopeful and it rarely is a good investment--employers want experience in type. So what will you do, buy an airplane and try to find some one to hire you and plane?

Don't buy a rating. In this economy, if employed flying, stay there and build experience and knowledge. If not employed flying, learn a viable trade that will save you when you finally get that flying career of your dreams and you are furloughed.

GF