PDA

View Full Version : Great Wall Airlines Criminal check

JammedStab
7th Nov 2010, 19:28
I see the ad says:

. Candidates who want to apply for pilot positions are required to submit relevant copies of your:
·Birth and Educational Certificate
· Passport
· Certificate of Non-Criminal Conviction notarized at the Chinese Embassy in your country (the same to nationality on passport)
· ATPL and medical certificate
·Electronic photograph (blue background)
· Letter of Conduct
· Certified PIC hours (for captain)

Am I supposed to knock on the front door of their embassy and ask for them to stamp a criminal background check of mine?

Rotorhead1026
7th Nov 2010, 20:14
Your agency will have a procedure to follow. It will depend on where you live (country of citizenship).

JammedStab
8th Nov 2010, 01:35
Nothing is mentioned on Great Wall's website about an agency. They have a form to fill out and the documentation to send along with it including this notarized criminal check, so same question again. Do people just knock on the embassy door and try to explain?

JotaJota
8th Nov 2010, 06:08
Am I supposed to knock on the front door of their embassy and ask for them to stamp a criminal background check of mine? YEP! Depends on the country, a different process might apply. In the US you need to get the FBI/Police records notarized by the state attorneys office and then by a Chinese embassy. Sounds complicated but it's not, just get the proper docs notarize locally and then contact the nearest CN embassy and they will email or fax you a form to be included with the docs. Took me a week after I had all the police docs to get em back from the CN embassy. FEDEX works great! It's time consuming but doable, and WE all have had to do the same. Best of luck!

Rotorhead1026
8th Nov 2010, 11:00
In the US you need to get the FBI/Police records notarized by the state attorneys office and then by a Chinese embassy.

Typically (Ohio) you get the record notarized locally, then get the notary "validated" by the county, then send / carry the document to Columbus (Secretary of State's office) who can affix an Apostile to the document. This all gets sent to the embassy (or consulate) where it is notarized (China) and returned to you. There's a form that has to be filled out and sent with the report, and it has to be sent to a certain consulate (depends of your state of residence). This can all be done in one day if you're willing to drive to Columbus. You might really need somebody with exact details to guide you through the process, though.

thatwasclose
8th Nov 2010, 11:06
For the US i just went to the local police department, told them what i needed and they gave me the paper. Was nice and easy.

JammedStab
8th Nov 2010, 13:48
What is the letter of conduct? A letter of reference?

Black eyed pea
8th Nov 2010, 16:44
This is ******* China

you get a letter from your local authorities and then you get iy stamped by their embassies

I have been in China for a few years and its getting worst

JotaJota
8th Nov 2010, 16:46
Jammed... Are you in the US? Just go to the PD and request YOUR record! Simple!!! And yes, like B E P said... They do LOVE stamping everything HERE!!!

PROBEUSMC
10th Nov 2010, 05:22
The Chinese require "Embassy Authentication" of your no criminal record. It is also called "chain authentication" as everything has to be done in a particular order. It can be as few steps as 3, or as many as god knows what. You first need a no criminal record check, notarized by the police agency that issued it. Mine was the state police of Pennsylvania. Then you need to get an "apostile", which means maybe 2 more steps, mine was one. In the US your state government does this. The apostile verifies the authenticity of the notary. Then, depending on where you live, your national government may have to give their "Department of State" or "Ministry of Foreign affairs" seal on it. After that, you go the the local Chinese embassy or consulate and pay them to put their stamp on it, which is a very impressive stamp I might add. Also you will probably need to have the no crime record translated into Chinese by a translator that the embassy recognizes. When they stamp it, they also bind the whole thing together with a single brass ring..

In the US, there are 5-7 consular districts, you have to use the one that covers your state. Also, the Chinese consulates in the US seem to allow you to skip the national stamp level, and they just took the state stamp. You will have to check with your local consulate.

There are also companies that do all this for you, for a price of course. Just google Apostile, or embassy authentication and you will find a bunch.

Info is available on all this:
Chinese embassy and consulate websites.
United States Office of Authentication
You local state's Department of State

How do I know all this, you ask? My agency's contract brief just mentioned having it "notarized", so that is what I showed up with in China. I got to fly home and do all of the above steps.

Hope this helps

PROBEUSMC
10th Nov 2010, 05:27
If you are really lucky, all of these things co-exist in the same city. If not you get to drive a lot. I was in the latter group. Another pilot here paid an agency 300 CDN and somebody in Montreal did all the legwork for him.