PDA

View Full Version : Wanna See How Low CX Is Stooping???

cxorcist
7th Nov 2010, 02:48
Check out the "So, CX called me for the 'fast track'" in the wannabe forum...

This thread puts it all in perspective.:yuk::yuk:

cxorcist

naughty johnny
7th Nov 2010, 05:53
So, CX called me for the "fast track"
I'm one the of the DESO candidates from 2008 who were basically dismissed in favor of cadets after waiting over a year in the hold pool.

Well, wouldn't you know it, recruitment called me recently to ask if I would be interested in the 12 week "fast track" program in lieu of DESO.

- 12 weeks in Adelaide unpaid for Duchess training
- S/O in HK on local terms (no housing allowance, etc)

It was hard not to laugh during the sales pitch.

So what's the deal? Are the cadets realizing the raw deal they are in for? Or is recruiting just getting desperate?

Forgive me. I haven't been on these forums for quite a while now.

Cheers

Quote:
From "Dan Buster"
In time, you'll see that not getting into CX was the best thing that ever happened to you.
Couldn't have said it better myself! :D

SeldomFixit
8th Nov 2010, 01:55
Gents - when you are finally 100% Air China owned and you will be, it really won't matter, other than to say, the current offers will look mighty good !!;)

MrClaus
8th Nov 2010, 02:20
I agree with Seldom. Air China will make Swire an offer they CAN'T refuse. Swire will maintain some ownership of CX and Air China will be the senior partner in an Air France/KLM like merger. Swire will not refuse as they will still make money out of CX and maintain access to the China market for the rest of the business. You can then standby for a combined Air China/CX cadet program and the manning problem will quickly evaporate. For those planning on a long term career at CX, don't say you weren't warned and plan accordingly.

flyingkiwi
8th Nov 2010, 12:13
I agree to a point, the only thing on our side is that Air china cant actually find enough crew for their operation, and at least with the HK based operation there wouldnt be a public outlash at hiring lots of expat crews like there would be if they had to do it in china

Adam GoodJob
23rd Nov 2010, 10:42
For those who say "wait for when Air China buy you out":

Look at how crappy the Air China JV package is!

Oh wait, it ISN'T at all! HK$250,000 p.a., ffs.

If it meant the end of Swire management, it could only be a good thing.

MrClaus
24th Nov 2010, 01:20
Actually in the short term I think Adam is right. You would see probably no change in conditions and possibly an improvement. But we mustn't make the mistake of looking at the present situation and extrapolating this out to the future. Yes, China is short of pilots. But they are also doing their best to rectify this situation. Record numbers of Chinese are learning english and China doesn't face the demographic black hole that Hong Kongs low birth rate gives it. In the end they will always prefer a cheaper, more compliant Chinese national over a foreigner. It is just a matter of time.

Harbour Dweller
24th Nov 2010, 02:40
Oh wait, it ISN'T at all! HK$250,000 p.a., ffs.

I think you mean US$ p.a.