PDA

View Full Version : Srilankan

AVIATION REFUGEE
6th Nov 2010, 21:43
Do not trust them...They are looking for refugees...They don't pay what they should.
New terms apply only for those with permanent contract, and not those who are rostering 6 weeks on, 2 off...
Nasty some of their instructors, most of them nice...
They always smile, and are polite, kicking your ass suddenly:ugh:

condorbaaz
8th Nov 2010, 04:33
really?
what is the "New Scale"

Dave Clarke Fife
8th Nov 2010, 12:13
Do not trust them...They are looking for refugees...They don't pay what they should.

Have you had a bad experience with the advertised Capt/FO and/or the commuting FO contract?? Spill more beans for those who might be interested in Sri Lankan.............

OXOGEKAS340
8th Nov 2010, 19:48
Yes , AVIATION REFUGEEh is right...
Actually, payroll is not what it should be, specially if you live in a such country.
Some may like the way of life there, but others, they get a cultural shock when they disembark from the plane, at VCBI....
There are some nasty new instructors, who think they are something between Richtoven and L. Gaross....
What they do? Mostly they make life difficult in sim, and this may be fair, but unfair are their comments, which in most cases, are untrue.
I sugest to ask for video rec., during training....
Chief of training, who actually makes most of the assessments is a nice quy,
but he looks strange. He is OK.
Beware of some "nice" and polite persons....they bite your ass...
:ok:
The initial assessment, is straight fwd...Some handling to prove that you know the"story", ILS rawdata , single engine, etc...Study EGLL charts, most of assessments are done there...
Good luck to all of you..
:):ok:

swab
9th Nov 2010, 10:29
I have been offered a SIM ride with Sri Lankan in HKG.
Would anyone be able to tell me what else to expect for the Sim?
Are there any Engine or Systems failures?

Thanks in Advance

OXOGEKAS340
9th Nov 2010, 12:08
General handling, ie steep turns L+R, ...visual approach , go-around with engine failure, they are expecting that you are doing the correct SOP (acc alt 1500agl, ECAM actions not before reaching 400agl, stop ECAM, after T/O, etc).
Also dont forget to use the "bird" , and expect one ILS raw-data.
No technical questions, whatsoever..
Good luck.:ok:

swab
10th Nov 2010, 02:32
OXOGEKAS340,

Fantastic! Thanks very much.
Good to hear about the No Tech Questions, I was told there was an "informal interview" following the sim.
Anything on that?

Cheers

AVIATION REFUGEE
16th Nov 2010, 20:13
Keep this airline as an extreme alternate..."route".
They don't deserve experienced pilots.
They know the best way to be covered, behind their sop's....
So in the name of fuel economy, they are rolling from intersections, fly through weather, etc.
MIZERABLE is the only word which describes this job....:mad:

jetjoker
3rd Dec 2010, 02:32
I got word that the A330/A340 new commuting package 6 weeks on 2 weeks off is 8500 USD including the accommodation allowance.

Still too low for what they are looking for...

They will get what they pay for....nothing

AVIATION REFUGEE
10th Dec 2010, 20:33
That's why still some of us are planning to leave...
A good reason to join them, is just to have a fresh recency on type, and scanning the market, for a much better job.
:ok:

TOFFAIR
13th Dec 2010, 17:22
Is it for Cpt or Fo? I think this is very low for either one... how comes there are still expats who didnt go to greener pastures yet? Plenty of offers for A330! For locals though this might still be a reasonable salary given the local living standards.

AVIATION REFUGEE
8th Jan 2011, 13:09
"Crazy" news....from this airline.....and their procedures...
They are asking 1.000 US$ paid for the sim assessment, which they are going to pay back when joining....(meaning at the same time, that if you are not successful you are going to loose this money)..and 50.000 US$ (fifty thousand) as bank guarantee for the period of two years...although no type conversion is done!!!!!!
Why? People is not going there, even successfully passed the assessment and job offered....:ugh: With this way, they oblige candidates to go to Srilanka, and stay there for this period, even if they don't like the lifestyle or the company!
Otherwise, "buy-buy dollars"!!!!:mad:

sharuk khan
4th Feb 2011, 18:39
It seems Mr Refugee has got the back end of the stick...I still see people coming and the only nasties being posted is by the errant illegal immigrant.
I think UL is fine and true enough the pay could be better but the rest compensates for this..life style is better lesser cost of living and the guys are friendlies...then again people who post here always have some gripe against someone somewhere....

babotika
23rd Feb 2011, 18:44
Of the 14 expat FOs that joined the 320 fleet in 2010 7 have left or are leaving imminently. That says it all really.

S.

OXOGEKAS340
3rd Mar 2011, 21:46
YES absolutely. They are (not all), rude and "snob". They think that Red Baron was Srilankan....member of their "team"...
Most of us, went there for recency...

COP
11th Mar 2011, 07:02
Highly experienced F/O's would not be going there you wally. Who fuc.... cares about 2 stripes or 3. What halfwit cares how many "stripes" they have. You must be a the village eejit

lovetofly247
17th Mar 2011, 01:33
Hey ALL,

Just wondering if there is anyway that i would be able to get an interview with UL only having a Australian PPL.

condorbaaz
25th Mar 2011, 05:36
Nice Sharuk

But Refugee have you left or are still there?