PDA

View Full Version : F/O Career at RG !?

AeroBoero
19th Oct 2000, 19:19
Just heard some "AFA" comments that now on RG you can make a career as F/O , don't even have chance to achieve that so much praised LHS. To what extent that is true/rumours? I know about 7+ years of flying as F/O (at least). But a career?? Common , this is the TOP company to work for in Brazil (yet)....how can such a thing happen??(if it is true)

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

Contrails
20th Oct 2000, 06:21
Aeroboero,
Sorry this is not true. There are some old F/O's, at age between 42-50, because they were employees working as F/E's and instructors at Varig FTC and Varig gave a great opportunity to them to assign for a new position. Today, unfortunately, they need to spend some years before getting a promotion and likely some will retire before it. But it's not usual.
Last but not least: 1- There'll be an examination for new F/O's, shortly. 2- A new seniority list for pilots from Varig, Rio-Sul and Nordeste is in preparation.

AeroBoero
20th Oct 2000, 19:22
I had thought about the possibility of they (F/O's) being the "aged" (no offense here) ones (i.e. 48+). But hey...

A new seniority list? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif Are they palnning to include all in one or is just to show where each one is really on the "rank" today?

Finally , about the exams to RG I knew all , but I also hear that SL is preparing one (to outsiders) , not all is lost then... ;)

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

3holer
25th Oct 2000, 21:24
Hi AB

Not true. The current time to change seat at VRG is running about 11 to 13 years, which seems normal as international industry standards goes. In the 70's a VRG F/O could expect about 2 to 3 years to get promoted in the HS 748. In the 80's 5 to 6 years was the norm to see the view from the left side on the L188 and B737. Nowadays due to a poor financial performance in the 90's and the obscure relationship with its affiliated, Rio-Sul, the mean time is 12 years. Understandable, our F/Os are unrest and blame the heavy investment in Rio-Sul for the long road to LHS.

thapyoka
26th Oct 2000, 04:08
Hello guys
I´d like to know what has been decided about RG and RS seniority list? is it going to "work togheter" even in 2000 or just in 2001?
And RG still to give the best conditions to RS instead to "save her soul" (if its possible)?
any news tell us
see you
thapyoka
**rock and roll**

Contrails
28th Oct 2000, 04:07
What did you want to say about "save her soul"?

thapyoka
30th Oct 2000, 04:59
Hello Contrails
Sorry, I didn´t explain it correctly. What I´m saying about RG, is that everybody knows that Rio Sul has the most profitables lines(and some lines are RG), so, I whant to know if RG will do something to share the profit with RS, or it will be always the same. Like the share RS and RG at "ponte aérea" who RG is flying with 4 or 5 airplanes and RS with only 1, and the profit is divided in 40% to RS and 60% to RG (correct me if it´s wrong). And I´ve heard that this is one of many things that are happening between RG and RS.
And the seniority list(RS and RG), will it be linked this years or only next year? And what it´s going to change to the pilots and to the company´s if it will happpen?

best wishes,

thapyoka
* sorry about the last message, it was written a little bit fast, and doubtful.