PDA

View Full Version : QF 29 Emergency Landing into LONDON

standard unit
5th Nov 2010, 23:52
Reports just coming in of another QF incident described as some kind of hydraulic failure.

Happy 90th Birthday QANTAS.......

7378FE
6th Nov 2010, 00:04
What's your source for this info?
The info I have is that QF29 dep HKG 22 min late (08:22) and arrived at LHR 29 min late (13:59)

I don't think that dropping 7 mins on a 13h30 sector is classed as an emergency:rolleyes:

standard unit
6th Nov 2010, 00:16
QF 29 declared emergency landing into lhr in order to receive priority landing clearance due to hydraulic failure.
Allegedly.

indamiddle
6th Nov 2010, 02:12
bugger.
with 3 "incidents" we should be good to go for some time before another one.
can't wait to hear olivia comment on this!

airtags
6th Nov 2010, 02:29
Olivia will probably suggest:

" it's a new initiative to boost on time arrivals so that the a/c can be turned around more quickly enabling it get back to Avalon during day shift so that we do not have to pay those horrible Australian engineers any overtime"

or

" it's total speculation that it was a Qantas plane.....there are lots of planes landing at Heathrow with red tails.....

(no wonder Joe Hockey was glad to see her move on)

AT :E
disclaimer: no pilots were harmed in the making of this media release

teresa green
6th Nov 2010, 02:36
Tell me your freckin joking.

Capt Fathom
6th Nov 2010, 02:59
QF 29 declared emergency landing into lhr in order to receive priority landing clearance due to hydraulic failure

Did they make a mayday call or a pan pan call ?

C441
6th Nov 2010, 05:03
Ummmmm.
Sounds suspiciously like a recent sim exercise.

Maybe the media even report on them now!:rolleyes:

(Scene: The terminal coffee shop:
Pilot 1: Yeah did it yesterday. We had a HYD PRESS SYS 1 message going into LHR.
Pilot 2: Wadidja do?....
And you can read about the rest in this morning's paper....)

Mail-man
6th Nov 2010, 07:38
Courtesy of Ben Sandilands
Qantas keeps making headlines – Plane Talking (http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2010/11/06/qantas-keeps-making-headlines/)

"a routine warning light indication of a hydraulic malfunction on QF29, another Boeing 744, as it approached London Heathrow, where it was met by emergency equipment in a standard response and which was not needed"

I suppose at QANTAS malfunctions are becoming routine.......

The Bungeyed Bandit
6th Nov 2010, 08:00
Also VH-OJU copped a bird strike out of JHB today. The leprechaun must feel like he killed a Chinaman. Even Dixon didn't have this much bad luck in so short a time. When it rains, it pours.

airtags
6th Nov 2010, 08:53
oh....let me guess...it was an albatross!!!!!!!

topend3
6th Nov 2010, 09:07
Also VH-OJU copped a bird strike out of JHB today. The leprechaun must feel like he killed a Chinaman. Even Dixon didn't have this much bad luck in so short a time. When it rains, it pours.

come on...bird strikes would happen every day of the week around the QF network...that is hardly a rare occurrence...there is a lot of crap flying around at this time from some people on this forum...