PDA

View Full Version : Air Cargo

farrari
12th Oct 2000, 13:20
Can some one tell me the name of a pure cargo airline out of Brazil that flys 747F. Thanks

RRC767
12th Oct 2000, 17:19
As far as I know....NONE....all cargo only companies in Brazil fly eighter the B707 or the DC-8īs. Now I donīt know if u can consider the recently created VarigLog since they are in the middle of negotiations with APVAR in reference to using Varig pilots or contracting from outside and so far no B747F considered.
Regds

Contrails
13th Oct 2000, 22:54
To keep everyone updated, it's been decided that Varig's pilots will fly VarigLog airplanes.

Mad Dog 11
14th Oct 2000, 06:42
Hey Contrail,

Are they considering the all cargo B747?

Abraco.

Contrails
16th Oct 2000, 02:19
Hello MD,
Until now only B727-200 airplanes have been considered. I heard something about 74's but it's just speculation.
I'd appreciate very much to see some Big Tops flying again with a Brazilian flag.

thapyoka
19th Oct 2000, 08:17
Hello Contrails
Have you listen something about a meeting between the Varig Log Manager and I dont know if it was with Apvar or Varig manager, and what about the results???
Iīve heard that this meeting would be at 15 or 16 october last.
If you can tell us something new...
best wishes
thapyoka

Contrails
20th Oct 2000, 05:51
Hello Bud,
The latest news about VarigLog and VarigBrasil are:
1- There was a meeting in Oct10, between VL and Apvar and was assured by VarigLog's management that only Varig's pilots are going to fly the cargo airplanes.
2- This week I read that Vaspex is giving back 2 B727 to the lessor (Pegasus). Those airplanes are supposed to go to Varig.
3- Varig's first officers have been invited by the director of operations to fly to Nordeste Linhas Aereas. This is a part of a new negociation to start a final seniority list among pilots from Varig, Rio-Sul and Nordeste. Today, there are some vacancies to fly as B735 skipper, living in Salvador. Pilots must go on furlough from Varig to assign for this position.
4- Varig is looking for two new wide-body airplanes. They can be 2 MD11 or 2 B767. Nothing has been decided yet.
See you.

NG_Kaptain
21st Oct 2000, 04:54
Aerlier this week a US registered 727 landed a head of me at POS, It was a cargo 72 in VASP colours with the logo painted out, would this be one of the 72's supposedly goin to Varig? An American crew was flying it out.