PDA

View Full Version : any one flown with TAP

gnc
4th Nov 2010, 16:34
hello,going to fly to porto in march, used ryanair a couple of times, ok. was wondwering if any one has any experience of TAP , not that much more expensive with an offer. thanks. geof.

MathFox
4th Nov 2010, 17:18
I flew with them several years ago and don't recall them as being spectacular. Just a solid full-service (at the time) airline.

Capetonian
4th Nov 2010, 20:57
I´ve done several short hauls and a long with them in the last year. They´re generally fairly average, sometimes excellent, never had a bad flight. But then compared to Ryanair anything is good.

MikeIW
5th Nov 2010, 15:12
I used them earlier this year LHR to Funchal. As the others have said, they are a solid reliable outfit. CC were efficient and friendly.
Servicair lounge at LHR was dreadful
I fouled up an online reservation putting in the wrong month and, although it was not changeable, they altered it without any argument.
Try to avoid their telephone reservations if you can unless you have several hours to spare.:ugh:

gnc
5th Nov 2010, 16:43
thanks eveyone. geof

A2QFI
6th Nov 2010, 06:51
These reviews may help - TAP Air Portugal Customer Reviews | SKYTRAX (http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/tap.htm)

I am flying with them next year to avoid flying, at great cost, on a package with T Cook involving an 0500 check-in! I can put up with almost anything to avoid that!

Atlantean1963
13th Nov 2010, 18:02
Hope I'm not too late to contribute on this one...

Flew LHR - GRU through Lisbon and back earlier this year. Good in the air - not very good on the ground. 6-hour delay in Lisbon on the way out due to crew shortage, and a 30 minute delay leaving GRU on the way back meant a missed connection in Lisbon and a three hour delay until the next flight back to LHR.

Best Regards,

Atlantean.

thehighlander959
13th Dec 2010, 15:49
I can back up the comment above I flew Lisbon to Luanda with TAP. A six hour delay in Lisbon an engine problem with the A340 prior to departure and ultimately a poor service all the way to Angola.
I wouldn,t recommend them.

lurkinginSTO
14th Dec 2010, 11:33
I fly with them twice a year between Lisbon and Stockholm or Copenhagen.Telephone reservations work actually pretty well here in Sweden. Other than the frequent delays (though never more than an hour or so, worst case scenario), I don't have anything negative to say, cabin crews are usually nice, most of the times the meal is edible.
Of course you may say I'm biased being Portuguese, but on the other hand we are pretty good at complaining about anything, so...