PDA

View Full Version : CAPTCHA after login

turboV1
4th Nov 2010, 13:16
Hi,

is it just me, or everyone gets a captcha to be filled in after log in?

cheers,

tV1

Mike-Bracknell
4th Nov 2010, 16:24
If you're declining cookies then you'd get the requirement every time. It's saved in a cookie.

FullOppositeRudder
7th Nov 2010, 11:15
This happened to me at one stage after a M/B failure which required a new OS installation along with most of the software on the C drive.

I eventually discovered that the most recent version of the anti-virus / internet security program (CA) was deleting all previous cookies on each fresh start-up. Apparently it was the hidden default setting - goodness knows why :(.

I disabled this 'feature', and from that point on, logging in to PPRuNe again became a seemless process as it was before the other troubles..

FWIW,
FOR

Loose rivets
7th Nov 2010, 11:45
Off at a slight tangent, but my CCleaner is behaving strangely this new installation. (it's the same download, saved from before OS re-install )

I have no lists in the Cookies to keep section, yet Pprune for example, stays ready to go. Several other installations have worked just as expected.

green granite
8th Nov 2010, 17:34
That only happens if you log out every time you leave, I never bother so I don't have to enter the captcha when I go back in.