PDA

View Full Version : Why is my post being reviewed by a Mod?

duck_butter
3rd Nov 2010, 23:37
Hello,
I recently tried to make a post in one of the forums and was given a message that my post would be displayed once it was reviewed by a moderator (or something to that effect).
Can someone shed some light here? I haven't received this on any of my other posts. Am I in trouble? :uhoh:
I also looked over the FAQ and did a quick search of this forum and didn't find an answer.
Thanks!

piggybank
3rd Nov 2010, 23:55
Yes I had it a while back when I posted a URL into my message about the (then) oil news item on supply of funds for an LNG project in PNG.

tailstrikecharles
4th Nov 2010, 00:16
new users
or users from ip addresses that are known for spam attacks

auto-moderation is also switched on based on content - certain key words or urls, or image tags.
As you make more valid posts, your 'trust' level will grow and the system will stop auto-moderation.

However, if your content is not Anti-American enough (when that particular attribute is reqd) than you may run afoul of the moderators yet again. It is a balancing act members are happy to partake in -like balancing on the head of a pin ( or *****)

duck_butter
4th Nov 2010, 01:31
new users
or users from ip addresses that are known for spam attacks

auto-moderation is also switched on based on content - certain key words or urls, or image tags.
As you make more valid posts, your 'trust' level will grow and the system will stop auto-moderation.

However, if your content is not Anti-American enough (when that particular attribute is reqd) than you may run afoul of the moderators yet again. It is a balancing act members are happy to partake in -like balancing on the head of a pin ( or *****)

I am a fairly new user, but my IP should certainly be clean from Spam.

I posted no pictures, URL links and used no foul language.

I really don't understand this random baby-sitting unless perhaps a user has had a history of abuse, which is certainly not the case with myself. This auto-moderation is disrupting the integrity of the thread and preventing me from answering another user's question. My post still has not been displayed.

And what do you mean about Anti-American comments being encouraged? I'm assuming you are being sarcastic??

Peter Fanelli
4th Nov 2010, 02:01
I posted no pictures, URL links and used no foul language.

Well there's your problem!!!

tailstrikecharles
4th Nov 2010, 02:08
after post count goes up (in 'meaningful' parts of the site) then the auto moderation should cease.

of course, that only applies to the behavior you were complaining about. For anything else, to not run afoul when voicing your opinion, just make sure to voice the *right* opinion! :)

Mike-Bracknell
4th Nov 2010, 16:47
I am a fairly new user, but my IP should certainly be clean from Spam.

Unless you yourself are a Tier1 ISP or have a permanently static address*, you're probably sharing your IP address with a bunch of other people (e.g. bots, spammers, and the unsuspecting hosts to these techniques).

(*even in this instance you could be at the mercy of the ISP sharing you all through a proxy, or of PPRuNe deciding that on an IP range policy).

Blues&twos
15th Nov 2010, 18:18
you're probably sharing your IP address with a bunch of other people

Eugh. I feel defiled. I'm off to have a bath.