PDA

View Full Version : Algún piloto argentino?

GMS
15th Sep 2000, 00:13
Soy argentino radicado en Inglaterra, volando un 757. Quisiera saber si algún otro argentino lee eastas paginas.

AeroBoero
15th Sep 2000, 02:06
GMS ;
Welcome on the LA section! Please make this page known in Argentina.
Donde eres....BAires?Interior?Usted ja estve en Floripa? (what a portunhol... :))

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

3holer
19th Sep 2000, 05:36
Hi GMS

Nice to have you here on the LA section. I don't know if we have friends from Argentine in here but we sure need your contribution on our forum. By the way, how come you are flying for the brits, was it easy to get the job? Come on tell us.

GMS
23rd Sep 2000, 00:01
3holer,

No it was not easy to get a job here. I had a non-aviation related job for three years before I got flying again. I am allowed to work and live here due to my parental roots, my father being born here and my mother from an anglo-argentine family.

AeroBoero
23rd Sep 2000, 12:51
I know what you mean GMS!
But did you come to the EU with training or did you do it all here? And how were the interviews and slecetion process? Did they seem fair to you or did you always sense something more? (I hope you uderstand what I'm saying)

Regards!

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

GMS
25th Sep 2000, 00:43
AeroBoero,

I never did have the pleasure of flying one of your namesake aircraft in Argentina. Have you flown one?
I had about 500 hours on Cessnas and Pipers when I came here. As for the interviews I can't complain really, I arrived here just after Maradonas "Hand of God" goal and still got a job!
Both at my previous job with Channel Express and currently at Air 2000, I fly with ex military pilots who were in the RAF/Navy at the time of the South Atlantic conflict. I have never had any problems with these fellow pilots, I think we are all level headed people who realize what a sad loss of life that was. It was all really brought home to me when I was in the Falklands/Malvinas earlier on this year and visited the Argentine soldiers cementry, young boys of 18, same age I was at the time.