PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of leaving? Just about to Leave?

threepointonefour
2nd Nov 2010, 13:56
We've set up a new group on Face-book for those who have questions about the practicalities of leaving the service, job hunting, courses, pensions etc. To accompany the Face-book Group we've also just launched a BRAND NEW chat forum for anyone who is in that position or indeed anyone who has been there & done it and can help.

Check out the following links:

Service Leavers Advice Group on Face-book (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_150515511660553)
The Service Leavers Advice Group website (http://www.ServiceLeaversAdviceGroup.co.uk)

We're growing fast and hope to have tons of useful information, chat & discussion about this thorny subject by the end of the year. Give us your support and join (it's really for ex-mil personnel from any of the Armed Forces ... those who have never served may find it a little mundane!).

Kengineer-130
2nd Nov 2010, 16:56
Links don't work :(

Coffin Dodger
2nd Nov 2010, 17:06
They're working ok with me.

getsometimein
2nd Nov 2010, 17:21
Case of... "Fit the name to the acronym"?

Wrathmonk
2nd Nov 2010, 18:06
Some HR departments have been known to have a quick look through face-book, t w i t t e r (bl00dy autocorrect!:mad:) etc as part of their "shortlisting for interview" process. Be careful what you write/post under your real name - not just to this face-book group but on your own pages as well.

Good job its anonymous (sort of) on PPRuNe .....

Edited to add - love the acronym!!

alwayslookingup
3rd Nov 2010, 06:54
Wrathmonk, it's now pretty well established practice for ALL HR depts, as part of initial screening, to Google the names of any potential candidates.

Take care, even when you appear on other people's blogs.

I now deliberately avoid being in group photos at weekend "refreshments". Once you're tagged on someone else's "social network" site it's out there on the net and you've no control (other than asking they don't post photos that you're in). Learned this the hard way.