PDA

View Full Version : FAA CPL Multi/IR CFI/II - What's next

stevegg5
20th Mar 2002, 07:34
Well i've spent the last 2 years getting to 1400TT but with only 40 multi what's next.. .My J1 visa runs out at the end of June and i'm not sure how to continue. I've herd British Virgin Islands or Africa are worth trying does anyone have any good advice. . .What's the position in SA or Caribean.. .On a British Passport.

b777300
29th Mar 2002, 21:17
Do you want to try in Saipan?. .In the middle of Pacific Ocean

stevegg5
30th Mar 2002, 04:15
Had a look on the internet and it sounds quite similar to the BVI.. .Yes that sounds interesting.. .Does the fact i am British allow me to work there ?. .Tell me more.

b777300
31st Mar 2002, 16:45
There are 2 airline in Saipan
1. Freedom Air
2. Pacific Island Aviation

You can try Freedom Air but the company have a big problem with the local people (Station Manager). The local people treat you like a slave. They are only junior school Graduate. The have no idea what they are doing all the time. Such as overload your plane, push you to fly when the weather below the VFR min. All kind of things happen in here. Once when you get into this company, I am sure that you want to quit flying.
Saipan is a very interesting place. The business man usually come from oversea and hiring a lot of foreginer but few local.
you can visit www.saipansucks.com to get more further info. And if you want to try here ou better to try
http://www.pacificislandaviation.com/ this company is NW airlink operate on Shorts360 between Saipan Tinan Rota Guam but they paid bad.

Happy flying

stevegg5
1st Apr 2002, 00:36
Well, looking at that 1st web site it seems i'd be crazy to travel all that way on the off chance of them living up to there promise.

Nano 763
22nd Apr 2002, 17:24
Have you thought of trying that little island just North of France?
I understand that they have airlines that are recruiting at present.
I'm sure you wouldn't have visa problems there.

My answer: (JAA) CPL Multi/IR CFI/II

Maybe you have other goals, but it just sounds so much easier to me. Flying abroad is fun, but flying at home, for me, would be the most rewarding.

Good Luck

stevegg5
23rd Apr 2002, 02:58
Emm thanks, it may come to that, I assume you mean Norway, Holland etc...
The thing is sitting through that 6 months of JAA convertion isn't so appealing to me at the moment.
I'm working on the FAA ATPL which should help.
Who you flying for?
Do you know who's hiring or of course there may be N reg craft to fly..