PDA

View Full Version : Qantas A380 Crew Questions

Jackbr
2nd Nov 2010, 03:28
Will Qantas start training future QCCA crew across the entire long
haul fleet? While I understand the A380 fleet is growing, will they need to train future crew to operate the A380 as well as the 747, A330 and soon 787 (I assume the 767 is almost gone from long
haul flying)

skybed
4th Nov 2010, 02:14
is NO.
QCCA will only be in the near future fly the A380. There are Qcca crew being trained for the A380 whilst in 747/A330 land all sorts of leave is being offered. Not enough flatliners want to go accress to work on the sarah jessica parker:ok:

FNQcrew
4th Nov 2010, 03:48
I met a QCCA training school in the crew room (being shown where everything is in LH crew room) about 3 weeks ago,they are headed for LH 747 for now not A380. They said eventually they will end up on A380 but are currently for 747.

standard unit
4th Nov 2010, 09:53
Not enough flatliners want to go accress to work on the sarah jessica parker

Or more accurately. Not enough adults want to work in Romper room. :ok:

skychild
5th Nov 2010, 00:59
Hehe!

Romper Room is not too bad. You get chocolate milk and nap time :ok:

ditzyboy
8th Nov 2010, 05:13
Funny you should ask. I see now on Face..book a number of friends who are on the 380 (both QCCA and QAL) are being trained on the 747. These updates started within the last hour or so. Anyone know more?

vctenderness
8th Nov 2010, 09:35
I have been following the Qantas A380 incident with interest in the press. However I am puzzled by the crew levels quoted in the press. The figure of 26 crew has been used in reports.

Is this correct?

I assume on the SIN-SYD sector only 2 flight crew so are there 24 cabin crew on a Qantas A380?

Thanks

givemewings
8th Nov 2010, 09:53
5 pilots on board as it was a check flight.

I thought they had around 18 CC. EK have 26 or so because of the showers, they have cabin attendants and SQ.... is it 24??

A_B_P
8th Nov 2010, 10:22
On that particular flight they had 5 tech crew.

They had the usual cabin crew compliment of 22 plus 2 extra supernumerary CSS crew doing coached flying. So a total of 24 cabin crew for the day.

A380 is due to lose 1 f/a to bring it to 21 by the end of the month.

GENKI
8th Nov 2010, 10:32
because there are over 50 A380 Crew in LA that they cant do anything with I think that Alan has finally worked out that they really need to have A380 cross endorsed on the 747 for these situations

Also it will assist with SHort crewing on 747. Apparently the plan is only to use A380 crew who are on reserve when all QAL 747 crew have been depleted or in a major disruption situation. There are no plans to roster A380 crew to do 747 work on a planned basis.

Probably shows that the whole crew strategy is flawed and will assist the FAAA to get everyone trained for the A380 in the next EBA

Anflygirl
8th Nov 2010, 23:44
"Probably shows that the whole crew strategy is flawed and will assist the FAAA to get everyone trained for the A380 in the next EBA"

Oh that would be just perfect!!! Then they will swoop in and take over the aircraft that we have worked on from day one. Hopefully they will also take over all the conditions we work under. Somehow I think not!!
There is no way QF will allow QAL over on their conditions. With QCCA working both aircraft QF has the best of both worlds, the A380 under tight control and then if God forbid QCCA have a few A days spare or owe a couple of hours they will be swept up into 747 land to cover public holidays, xmas or when they force QAL to burn leave. Just my thoughts.........

skychild
9th Nov 2010, 00:03
Interesting times ahead for sure. Are all A380 crew getting dual endorsed or only a few to start with?

Qantas love utilising QCCA to their max. I cant imagine having them dual endorsed and then not squeezing that little bit more out of them. Watch this space :ok:

air bender
9th Nov 2010, 00:23
Fact is they are already there with their conditions in tact.
Well almost.They dont have any bidding rights
The A380 is limited to destinations with high volume traffic.
It will only ever go to LAX LHR JNB and maybe just maybe to FRA.
Nobody wants to go there unless they have promotion aspirations

Jackbr
9th Nov 2010, 04:19
So will the QCCA crew ONLY operate the 747 and A380 if cross endorsed, and not the A330 and 767 as per the rest of QAL?

FlatRock
9th Nov 2010, 10:35
Not a chance it will got to JNB or even FRA for that matter. They will not use an A380 where they have good return using a 747 and for that fact a virtual monopoly ie. JNB. My thoughts are that A380s will be cover ALL flying to LAX and London initially, try to maximize the yield and customer sentiment on their flagship routes.

TopBunk
9th Nov 2010, 11:20
From Wiki, Qantas have 20 firm orders and some options. There is no way that they can deploy them all on LAX and LHR routes!

There must be some planned elsewhere. One way of estimating where to, is to look at the routes with the highest frequencies, cos that is probably where they make the most money.

air bender
10th Nov 2010, 01:40
Went to a seminar given by Borghetti.Hhis thoughts were that when the A380 fleet reached critical mass JNB was one destination that it would fly to.
Daily service high yield and very little competition.
As has been said....20 aircraft are not all going to fly to LAX and LHR.

skybed
11th Nov 2010, 22:56
forget 3 class A380 to FRA:ok:

I Just Want To Fly
23rd Nov 2010, 02:22
Any QF crew able to advise what is you're shortest layover in LAX.

What extras do you get ie Transport, Allowances, Overtime etc.

We here at Volunteer Australia, have trip patterns as low as 36 hours, no overtime, no transport, and about $100 in meal allowances.

Plus the joys of dealing with people who can manage to scrounge up $900 for a ticket to LA!

We hear all kinds of rumours about what you get, obviously may be different depending on QAL or QCCA, but any info to put rumours to bed, or even start a revolution, would be greatly appreciated.

skybed
25th Nov 2010, 05:30
only difference appears to be transport provided & overtime/long range :ok: being paid in QF/QAL and to a lesser extend in QAC.

GENKI
25th Nov 2010, 07:31
Home transport for Long Range Flying is the same for QAL and QCCA. The hourly salary rate is different but the triggers for over time on those rates are the same. ie 12 hours and 14 hours.

The other main difference is that QAL crew get a Long Range Allowance that dates back to the 1980's and the introduction of the 747-SP.

Meal Allowances in Slip ports are the same for all Qantas Group International Flight Attendants (ie London/Auckland/OZ crew and QCCA)

TeamJQboy
25th Nov 2010, 10:31
To add to the above responses; ... Meal allowances for our 35-hr slip in LA is currently $215, paid in cash at check-in to the hotel. And my last couple of LAX trips were worth about $240 each in overtime... (I am QCCA A380, contrary to what my username implies)

The occasional 5-day LAX which we have out of SYD, and which MEL has on a regular basis, is a 59-hr slip - roughly. Quite decent!

cart_elevator
30th Nov 2010, 00:08
Yes but the A380s wont be flying to LAX anytime soon by the rumours at QCC.

And on that note, just out of curiosity, what are all the A380 crew doing with themselves with only 1 A/C back in the air?

Have they managed to get alot of you endorsed on the 744 so you can at least fly somewhere? How are they allocating trips? Are they forcing leave? If you operate on the 744 do you get all the QAL benefits again?

I feel sorry for you guys at the moment! :{