View Full Version : David Clark H10 13.4 ANR Mod

zk850
2nd Nov 2010, 00:32
Hello.

Does anyone have any info / idea's on getting an DC H10 13.4 ANR mod? I have heard you can send the headset away to have it done?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Trent 972
2nd Nov 2010, 02:47
USA supplier (http://www.anr-headsets.com/Html_folder/ANRKits.html)of ANR kit for H10 13.4.

All details of supply and 'self installation' included on the website.
(I have no personal experience with this company.)

rjtjrt
2nd Nov 2010, 03:20
Some years ago Tom at
Global Aviation (http://www.globalav.com.au/)
in Queensland did this for me.
He appears to be retiring soon but may still do it.
Excellent upgrade I must say.
John

j3pipercub
2nd Nov 2010, 03:38
Hi zk,

I have a set that were retrofitted by Global over 3 years ago. They are pretty good, tend to make a high pitched squeal if the ear cups get moisture in them. In addition, you will go through 9v batteries like they are lollies.

j3

capitulator valve
2nd Nov 2010, 08:20
Bought a kit a few years back from the mob in the States Trent 972 provided a link to.

Was pretty easy to fit yourself, though it kind of breaks your heart pulling the guts out of a perfectly good 13.4! About the only thing still DC on it is the green muffs and the headband - all the electronics, including the wiring, is replaced.

Works really well (made the noise level in the Metro bearable, if not even comfortable), but yeah, they do chew through the old 9V batts pretty quick.

Looks like they've come down in price a fair bit too. From memory I think it cost me close on $300 4 years ago - now they're $160 and with the Oz dollar being so strong, probably not a bad mod to do (compared to the cost of a new ANR set):)

CV

zk850
3rd Nov 2010, 08:03
Thank you guys for the info. Ill get into it and see how I go.

Cheers,
zk

world traveler
4th Nov 2010, 11:46
I fitted the ANR myself (not all that hard), and, as mentioned above, found that they did chew the 9V. So i bit the bullet and decided to outlay the cash for Zulu's. To be honest, the noise cancellation is probably better in the good old modified DC13.4 than the Zulu's, plus more comfortable. For the sake of buying a constant bulk supply of 9v, it's still cheaper and I think more comfortable option than outlaying a grand for Zulus/Bose.