PDA

View Full Version : trabajo/work

spineffects
8th Sep 2000, 12:39
Does anybody know what I would have to do to be able to get licenced in Colombia with australian licences? Any rumors on jobs going?

AeroBoero
8th Sep 2000, 16:19
spineffects ;

People still find hard to believe.But here it goes (no offensive tone here) ;

Latin America is closed like a rock to foregeins(?)......You aren't even allowed to have a Commercial Pilot license if you are not a holder of citizenship of the country you wan't to work.
I cant say that 100% sure for all countries , but in vast majority. The only places where you can work as ex-pat are the Asian/Middle-East/European (even here the Eu passport is required then)countries. Don't know in Africa.
And I don't know how is the real situation in Oz , but in Latin-America they are pretty much "over-crowded" with pilots and (still) small aircraft fleet (Brazil being the second biggest fleet of aircraft in the world - all combined).

Hope this helps.

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

[This message has been edited by AeroBoero (edited 08 September 2000).]

spineffects
9th Sep 2000, 06:30
Thanks for reply!

I asked because I do have citizenship (Col) (and spanish my first language!) but have not done any flying there. Nevertheless very interested in giving it a try. Its been impossible to get answers from AEROCIVIL about admin procedures to get licences, let alone what the market is like for pilots!

AeroBoero
9th Sep 2000, 17:06
spineffects ;

Well ,what can I say.....if you have the citizenship you should give it a try , but frankly I have no idea how the Colombian CAA works. In Brazil is (still) run by mill and things are going to a big change soon.....
The best approach I think is going with all sort of paperwork that you can imagine (letters translated by official translators) , logbooks and all sort of things , and go personally there (if you can do that , that is), by phone I'm pretty sure you can forget it (all around the world is that way....I think).

Good luck!

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

spineffects
10th Sep 2000, 16:07
Yep, I think you are right its pretty difficult from far away!

Cheers