PDA

View Full Version : New Exodus at Cebu Pacific

batoktok
1st Nov 2010, 07:23
Can anyone confirm that there's a new exodus of pilots from Bupac to SeaAir( heard that they will have new A320 planes from Tiger Air and the VP is also a retired pilot from Bupac) Tsk...tsk..tsk...

nandyg1
1st Nov 2010, 16:49
hmmmmm.... i confirm that is TRUE!

chairwrecker
3rd Nov 2010, 01:10
i suspect the "exodus" is of a diff nature than what PAL experienced, in the sense that there is not exactly any hostility against 5J per se, just that the market is opening up with the new players being aggressively poaching. that said, i heard 5J just received their latest A320? 5J is still in a growth trajectory, unlike PAL. airphil, zest, and now seair of course will only be happy to get any "unhappy" pilots, of which im sure any airline will have no matter how generous the pay package is. :ok:

St. Ex
3rd Nov 2010, 10:09
That's what you think. The truth is, there is a lot of hostility and animosity. That is the true reason for the exodus. The pilots are marching across the streets to the tune of Steely Dan's music.

nandyg1
3rd Nov 2010, 20:30
hey 19 baby!

chairwrecker
4th Nov 2010, 04:02
st ex, i know of no airline (or even no company) where there is no hostility and animosity. :p

batoktok
5th Nov 2010, 03:47
Ow.... tsk..tsk..tsk...if that is the case, it's a slap in the face, losing your drivers not because they're going out of the country for a higher pay, but just in the other side of the fence... I guess it's Not a Pay probs...it's Managing probs... Hehehe, well....history repeat itself...look at who's at the top...Mark Breen.... he did it again !!!, :ugh::ugh: Ceb overtakes PAL, leaving the ranks grumbling like hell.......'wonder why the management pilots allowed this to happen :confused:?

batoktok
5th Nov 2010, 10:04
I see..tsk..tsk..tsk..too bad for the ranks...5J is becoming Top Heavy... the Top gets the higher pay, below are working like camels....well, I can see it almost exploding...
If the pilots will go out, will 5J match the pay of he poachers? or will just hire Expats to fill in... Paying Expats is lesser than paying the increase of the present roster.:confused::confused:

winglet777
5th Nov 2010, 13:24
yes, its true. there's a heavy exodus of Cebu Pacific A-320 pilots to other airlines. Just recently, 3 Captains left for Vietnam Airlines. This month of November, 8 Captains and 3 FO's have already submitted their resignation (effective Dec 1) to the VP Flight Ops to join the newest airline partnership in the country, Tiger Airways-Sea Air. and additional 6 more senior FO's are also resigning and are tranferring to Airphil Express for direct hire Captain upgrade. on top of this, an additional 20 sets of Captains/FO are slated to move to Tiger next year with the arrival of additional A319/320. More pilots are also interested to leave with the pending operations of Air Asia in the Philippines next April 2011.:D:D:D The reasons for leaving...................inhumane working conditions, pilots are being scheduled to their maximum utilization with back to back red-eye, 1 day off a week, 5 red eyes per month, . The management seems to be deaf and blind on the issues and complains of the line pilots. and the higher management has disregarded and put into trash bin the pilot retention plan presented by the pilot union to stop this exodus... Pilots are asking why they are still the lowest paid drivers in the Philippines despite the fact that Cebu Pac now is no.1 airline domestically / internationally and the only the earning airline in the country. The pilots from Zest, PAL, Airphil Express and Tiger are getting a sincerely higher take-home pay than their Cebu Pac counterpart with less flight sched and less stress. :\

batoktok
5th Nov 2010, 23:55
thanks Winglet, now I see the clearer picture...wow...that's worst than I thought....but I still wonder what would 5J do to solve these things.... Heard that they still have 20+ A320s, pilots leaving....how can they solve that? where will they get their pilots? :confused::confused:
I can see that 5J's being number1 will be short-lived....tsk tsk..

bananaman2
6th Nov 2010, 10:22
spoke to Cebu recently regarding employment - emphasized the quoted requirements of Filipino citizen and 1500hours for the A320.

Can do the Filipino bit but not the experience - non starter for now. I'm sure if they opened some of their requirements up it could help matters. For instance recently in the UK, BA mainline and BA Cityflyer were recruiting (Experience requirement for mainline was 500hours and for Cityflyer was 0 - must stress chance of getting an interview with low-hours experience very small however... competing with Type-Rated experienced folk - Cityflyer was rumoured to have over 1000applications in the space of a month). Plenty of low-hours pilots coming off the conveyer belt at Clark if they should want I expect though.

Anyway by the sounds of it my time would be spent looking to the likes of Zest, Philexpress etc(as I have done already I might add).

Interesting stuff anyway people.

chairwrecker
8th Nov 2010, 03:01
never heard about the pilot issues last time i had beer sessions with guys 3 or 4 months ago so i was pushed into checking stuff with friends and i am shocked that winglet777 is not joking. quite sad, really, as i was happy before that 5J was the "rebel" to PAL's bullying. but now that seems ages ago.

this MB guy is such a queer appointment. everywhere he's been he's created havoc -- airasia, sama, now 5J. and i heard he's bringing more expat managers instead of developing young pinoy managers. could be true, cebu is becoming top heavy with a few very high-earning managers and a lot of low-earning junior managers and staff.

if that's the case, well, there's always new "rebels" eager to knock them off their perch.

arigato
8th Nov 2010, 09:56
This similar situation happened in the past. Pilots are the "frontliners & workforce" at a very low "bargain price", yet the easiest "sacrificial lambs" while the management people are getting their "fat checks" at their expense. The resultant effect is very DEVASTATING to the AIRLINE.

But I have seen management people like Captain F & Mr. G and Captain A & Mr. M, both pairs left CEBPAC unceremoniously. Is a Management Cycle in the offing?

I firmly believe that integrity is priceless, but now I seem to believe that integrity is worth the money value of a person.

Don't act like JUDAS!!!

L'aviateur
8th Nov 2010, 15:59
chairwrecker, sad, but its a case of him bringing in his buddies with a disregard to learn or understand the company and culture of his clientbase. Doesn't matter if he destroys the company and walks away with pockets full of money!

batoktok
9th Nov 2010, 11:36
Is it true????? 5j management is going nuts on how to solve the exodus....1.)With the announcement of additional Red Eye flights this Dec, pilots are expecting for the worse...expect Sick Leaves..and other alibis...working like hell, paid less...2) 8 Capt's and 8 senior FO's goin to AirPhil Express this Dec..., and more to come..... Capt were offered 6 Digits as sign-in bunos...plus plus plus, ..FOs received 5 digits but almost 6...and direct upgrade to Right Seat this Jan.......plus plus plus...who could refuse that....heard that 20+ drivers will be in the next batch.......3) Sea-Tiger will take off this December, first batch of pilots will start Orientation in Singapore this month....and 40+ are still in the line, waiting for the additional A320 to arrive this Jan...Too bad for 5J...they do not lose pilots but skills and experience... With the additional A320 comming for 5J, and with pilots going out, maybe it's time to build a Hangar, for the unmanned planes...

winglet777
13th Nov 2010, 02:00
latest update from the kusina. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

expect more pilots leaving the company by Dec and early nexy year. Sweet and tempting offers are being received by A-320 Capatins and F/O from the other airlines across and outside of the fence. To start with:

Airphil Express , who right now is in dire need of pilots to keep their new A-320 flying , is desperately pirating rated Cebu Pac A-320 pilots to their fold. The current offer is 1.5 Million pesos sign-in bonus for rated Captains and P800,000 bonus for rated F/O's for direct hire Captain upgrade.. They are even offering to pay an existing pilot contract just to transfer with them. and to make the offer more juicer, latest news weve heard is that the management were able to make the productivity pay tax free.(which Cebu Pac refuses to implement, despite Zest, Tiger, now Airphil) As such, 2 Captains immediately grab the offer and signed the contract right away , while 6 more Captains are studying the contract in details. For the F/O, the latest count is 17 have already submitted their intent with Airphil Flt Ops/HR and just waiting for the resolution of finer prints in their contract negotiation Of this 17 FO's, 6 have resigned effective Dec and is just waiting for their Captain Upgrade Sim Trng this Dec at Hongkong.

For the Tiger Airways news - 8 Captains and 4 F/O with Dec 1 effectivity of resignation, are already in the middle of Tiger Integration training in Singapore. In addition, 20 Cebu Pac F/A's will be resigning effective Dec and will be joinig the pilot group on the Dec 15 inaugural lunch of Tiger Philippines operations. With 6 more airbus slated to arrive by next year (total of 18 till 2012) , more pilots are expected to cross the other side of the fence. With the salary range of US $ 9000 net (80 hrs) for Captains, US $ 6,500 net (80hrs) for FO and 60,000 for F/A, the offer is very tempting since it is locally Clark based with less red-eye and more days off.

so the situation right now is very volatile in Cebu Pac. Mark Breen , the architect of all these pilots stress and distress, is ordering series of emergency meeting and in fact,gave marching orders for the immediate Captain upgrade training of 20 FO to address the issue.:D:D however , the training Department is in limbo on who will be trained since the 20 senior F/O's have already signified their intent to transfer with Tiger and Airphil. .http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif.

Higher management is now in panic mode.:ugh: Even Lance is working on a last minute pilot renumeration package to stop this exodus. :ugh: But we think its too late. Cebu Pac has not learned its lesson well . its always in reactive mode not pro-active one. Had they listen to the pilots issues presented beforehand, things will not turned this way..

In an airline set up this days, one way to survive and be profitable is not on how many aircraft you have, on the number of route's to fly, or on the million of passengers you carry.....but will always be dictated by the number of trained pilots you have..Most start up airlines now, from india to singapore to china, dont have A-320 pilots to fly their parked aircraft ....yet Cebu Pac is just allowing that the training, skills and expertise they have invested in through the years to be put into waste and be beneficial to others.

so...... Expect more exodus. cebu Pac to lose more skills and expertise...expect flight cancellation starting december or january and expect the coming airbus to be idle and parked on the ground with no pilots to fly..expect Lance to blame MB as the culprit of all this bruhaha and send him to tora bora :D:D

parsifal
13th Nov 2010, 23:27
winglet,if these information you are dishing out is leaked to the broadsheet or broadcast media, the share value of Cebu Air stocks will plummet down MB's ass. your report is very revealing and accurate. reactive and not proactive aptly describe the present management. all because they are afraid to entail present cost. now the future cost of acquiring and training new pilots will confront them with dilated tongue.

chairwrecker
14th Nov 2010, 11:53
airphil, zest, tiger/seair. i think you're missing another 2 airlines who are set to start a320 ops in 2011 and 2012. every pilot with an ear on the ground had an idea something like this was about to explode, so i don't think cebu pac management never knew about this. why were they not prepared?

well, i believe nothing like this has happened before anywhere in the world (period of pilot glut in 2008 to suddenly swinging into a pilot's market in just two years), so i suggest everybody stay smart. sounds like election time again, choose wisely! best of luck to everyone. :)

that includes MB. :ok:

repapips
15th Nov 2010, 08:55
parsifal wrote:
cebu air shares
winglet,if these information you are dishing out is leaked to the broadsheet or broadcast media, the share value of Cebu Air stocks will plummet down MB's ass. your report is very revealing and accurate. reactive and not proactive aptly describe the present management. all because they are afraid to entail present cost. now the future cost of acquiring and training new pilots will confront them with dilated tongue.

I believe it has already started...looking at the stocks right now, Cebu Air shares has dropped 1.27%

joaocaracol
15th Nov 2010, 23:31
Hi winglet777,

It looks like Cebu is desperately in need of Captains and F/Os :D I´m A320 rated and current, and I´m also desperately in need :ugh: but in my case of an A320 F/O position...I´m A320 rated and current, JAA licence, and I couldn´t find anything here in old Europe since my contract end (2010.09.30).

If you know the way to approach Cebu, and if you´re kind enough to let me have that info, I would really appreciate a lot.

All the best,

João Caracol

pinkfairydriver
16th Nov 2010, 01:26
well,well. the words of MB "let them go" to the pilots of 5J are now happening. He thinks that 5J pilots are threatened with his words,now who's got the last laugh? I heard LG is in panic mode:D:D too and his blood is curdling:mad::mad: when he heard these latest turn-out in his company. He even asked why nobody from the management informed him that his skilled and "pogi" pilots are slowly jumping across the fence and elsewhere. Good luck MB,get your ass ready to rumble!! Piece of advice, get yourself an A320 rating and fly all the red eyes of Bupac...:ugh::ugh:

pinkfairydriver
16th Nov 2010, 01:29
maybe yes,maybe no!! but one thing is sure: these guys are great Bupac drivers..:D

buskoto
16th Nov 2010, 14:18
Well, if the issue is really about flying redeyes, who's to say they won't be doing the same where they're going? From a business standpoint, redeyes are a must if they want to compete as an LCC.

Wherever the present exodus ends up, it can only be good for the guys who decide to stay. Expect the compensation package to get better at some point.;)

chairwrecker
17th Nov 2010, 01:43
@buskoto
i really hope so, as those who show loyalty must also be rewarded.

however, MB is a different animal. watch and learn. :)

duyentranvan
17th Nov 2010, 03:48
joaocaracol... they dont take expats... only phillipinos ...

aeroground
17th Nov 2010, 05:34
I am surprised nobody has looked at MB previous track record, it goes back a long time and he does not improve with age.

The best bet is send him packing

nandyg1
17th Nov 2010, 09:19
you will definitely be rewarded.... with more fights:eek:
:E
but youll get higher pay...........so you can get a bigger room at asian hospital:}

arigato
17th Nov 2010, 14:24
Lessons from the fatal crash of 5J 387 were not learned at all after all the years.

To refresh you with history, the management then made an "unsafe flight operation" to lessen cost and maximize profit AND allowed the Pilots to fly "unfamiliar route and unfamiliar terrain" that made them very vulnerable to commit the accident. The easiest way-out for this accident was to conclude a "Pilot Error".

On "redeye" flights which has been a lingering issue for many years now was not taken into a more serious consideration despite of the increase frequency of flights. Many complaints from the Pilots have been received but not acted upon for the reason that it is within the regulatory standard.

BUT the current regulatory standard is "LACKING" especially on the aspect of "CREW REST" in relation with Flight Safety. This has been taken advantage by the Management to lessen cost and maximize profit at the Pilots' expense. JUDAS!!!:E

THIS UNSAFE OPERATION ALLOWED BY THE MANAGEMENT IS A BIG THREAT ON AVIATION SAFETY THAT WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO A POTENTIAL ACCIDENT IF NOT CORRECTED, AND AS ALWAYS, THE EASIEST WAY-OUT IS "PILOT ERROR".

"Redeye Flight" is "NOT A BIG DEAL" with my Airline. You make a "Quick Turn" and sleep all day after the flight. The next day is a "Duty Day-Off" as mandated by the Airline. The Airline seriously consider the "PHYSIOLOGICAL ASPECT" in Flight Safety coz' we are "Human Beings".

"Human Beings" when subjected to "DANGER" or "THREAT" will instinctively shift to a "SAFETY MODE" or a "'SELF-PRESERVATION MODE".

Brothers,

You have a lot of choises now and sellect the best that fits you. Money is the least of your priority when it comes to "SAFETY" or "SELF-PRESERVATION". Do not allow yourselves again "TO BE PAID PEANUTS AND BE TREATED LIKE MONKEYS"...:=

Now it is time for the Management to choose their "WEAKEST LINKS"...TIME TO GO!!! BYE! BYE!.....:)

(Or your Airline will GO-AWAY!!!) :oh:

nandyg1
18th Nov 2010, 16:00
"Wherever the present exodus ends up, it can only be good for the guys who decide to stay. Expect the compensation package to get better at some point."
:ugh:

i dont think so.......:}

yano
28th Nov 2010, 08:31
is ceb pac hiring ATR f/o's now? :8

buskoto
4th Dec 2010, 14:31
^^^Yes they are hiring ATR FOs now.

tractor007
7th Dec 2010, 17:57
Nothing posted on Ceb Pac's Careers website... How do you apply?

traveller93
29th Jan 2011, 00:42
Wellll..... it is normal that pilots move from airline to airline many times. 5J should not be different, should it?

Maybe its time they started hiring foreigners?

lw777pilot
29th Jan 2011, 09:05
I had a taste of working in RP.... I got culture shocked... padrino system... just a heads.up for those wanting to join the party.

I was young then ... maybe the times have improved but I doubt it.

:ugh:

traveller93
29th Jan 2011, 13:09
cessna95

Does that mean the foreign MPLrs from CA can apply for the A320 FO positions?

I hope so!!

chairwrecker
31st Jan 2011, 02:55
"Buddy buddy system is so rampant that people who deserve to get in can't."

@reallywannabepilot
sir so is it the old crooked PAL system again??? so sad what 5J has become. :ugh:

cessna95
31st Jan 2011, 10:34
everyone is waiting for the Bonus in March then Exodus time again..............Anyone know Tonyboy Cojuangco's email add??

Reedeye
1st Feb 2011, 04:05
@really,

really now, if you deserve to be in, then why are you out? if it really sucks inside, why want to be in? kinda confusing dontcha think?

revenge is for the fallen, do pray the jedi returns...because when the asian empire strikes back, all the yapping and wrestling will pale in comparison to what will become to all of us.

Reedeye

batoktok
1st Feb 2011, 06:56
It,s happening already, as of this week, the number is 43 drivers...13 to Airphil, 17 to Sea Air Tiger,9 to Zest Air, 2 to Vietnam Air, 2 to Jet Airways India... and still counting.... ..and by March, Air Asia will start hiring.......and management says to LG, ' It's still manageable.."..:ugh:

chairwrecker
1st Feb 2011, 07:25
what about the PPS runway accident? what happened to the pilots?

Fubaliera
1st Feb 2011, 18:29
How about hiring expats. Will it ever happen at any Pinoy airline. Would love to live/fly in Cebu or Manila

cessna95
2nd Feb 2011, 08:49
Of course it's still manageable.......all they have to do is tell Rolly to schedule everyone that every month you will be flying 100 hours.....until maybe the end of the year........by then all the ATR F/Os would have been upgraded to the Airbus and the ATR hiring would continue until such time the slots are all filled.

we shall see what happens by December........cancelled flights because everyone has been maxed out...

yano
3rd Feb 2011, 08:10
Minimum of 500 hours on civil registered transport aircraft certificated for multi-crew operations

CEB PAC recently changed the requirements. and requires ATPL for FO? :ugh:

Possibly welcomes foreigners as well.

Position FLIGHT CREW (AIRBUS or ATR) Work Location Pasay City Date Posted Wednesday, February 02, 2011
Responsibilities

Safe handling of aircraft controls by assisting the Captain in all phases of flight.

Requirements

ICAO recognized ATPL (acceptable to Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines)
At least 500 hours of flying time
Minimum of 500 hours on civil registered transport aircraft certificated for multi-crew operations
College degree holder
Basic computer literacy

chairwrecker
4th Feb 2011, 00:20
im sorry, min 500FH, BUT with ATPL? how does that happen ??

takamasa
15th Feb 2011, 12:24
does anyone here have any responds so far??

Senior_Citizen
15th Feb 2011, 21:49
This (Cebu Pacific) is one corner of the world where the sacred Seniority List still breathes. To protect the junior pilots and restore order among the ranks when it comes to promotion and hiring, the existing association there will strive to defend this list.

I have been around. Got a new log_in as my old one has been uncovered already. Our fellow pilots in the Philippines are one bunch of fine decent men. I say this because, in the past, during a crippling strike of the flag carrier, the majority of the pilots who lost their jobs would not dare apply for a position in other airlines if it were to violate the ranks.

Fun to spend a few flying years in the Far East but I see the importance of staying out of Cebu Pacific as an expat. I hear it has been a struggle for their pilots association in looking after the welfare of its pilots and squeezing in will not do them any good. I care enough to give these boys a chance.

Senior_Citizen
15th Feb 2011, 22:48
A close friend in the airline says that it is company policy to hire only Filipino pilots and expats with rights to work in the Philippines, the latter having been allowed usually by virtue of marriage to a national.

My friend explains further that Philippine labor laws only allow a maximum of 6 months residency for non-Filipinos in any nature of employment. The time frame being set mainly to give the employer a chance to train a national to fill up the position.

Hope that helps.

takamasa
15th Feb 2011, 23:25
Senior_Citizen

meaning even though they didnt put right to work and live as part of requirement, it doesnt mean that they will hire non-Filipinos?

hopeless for non-filippinos!

chairwrecker
16th Feb 2011, 00:44
"My friend explains further that Philippine labor laws only allow a maximum of 6 months residency for non-Filipinos in any nature of employment. The time frame being set mainly to give the employer a chance to train a national to fill up the position."

so how did 5j manage to get expat CEO, COO, and others in engineering plus some also in ATR fleet? i'm sure this is also market-driven, ie, 5j has a mechanism to get foreigners if they needed/wanted to.

Senior_Citizen
16th Feb 2011, 03:08
@takamasa .. so it seems.

(I posted an earlier reply, beats me why it didn't get through. Anyway, if I may recount...) This airline Cebu Pacific is among the few corners of the world where a Seniority System still breathes, courtesy of its pilots' union. It keeps a little order in terms of promotion and as a protection of their junior members, meaning - no one gets ahead of the others in the queue until his turn is up. It's an old system, however it serves as the foundation of the peaceful relationship they have with the guys who run the show.

It would be fun to spend a few flying years in the Philippines (my wife is a Filipina) but I wouldn't want to get in the way of the union in its struggle to look after the welfare of its members, by squeezing my way in. Not that it's going to be a hostile environment if I do, these pilots are still decent professionals, but I should care enough to help them make their goals. It's perfectly alright to start at the bottom though (is that the ATR First Officer position?) however, I have been around a little more than that.

@Chairwrecker.. I think it's the COO and the COA that are expats (among others) who are there in a consultancy capacity. Must be allowed by law, I don't really know.

chairwrecker
16th Feb 2011, 05:52
@senior
i think there's a pilot association in 5j, but i am not aware of any union yet. but yes culture values seniority a lot.

also Lance G is president, GK (expat) is Chief ex adviser, MB (expat) is Chief ops adviser. (i think that's why u said they're there on consultancy, but everybody knows they run the place). plus a host of other expats in engineering that MB hired. also saw a couple of old white dudes flying the ATRs a while back (once when i flew to Caticlan), just wondering if they're still there.

my bet is that the market for A320 pilots will soon dry up just as the market for engineers has alredy dried up and 5J will be forced to look for expat pilots. just a matter of time boysssss....

Senior_Citizen
16th Feb 2011, 07:49
(I see my earlier post has finally come out, :))

@Chairwrecker ... yeah, you're right. It has become an expat's world especially in the Far East. Shuttling between low cost carriers is commonplace and it just crosses ones mind how it would be like to finally find your niche and gather up some moss.

Its not bad out here in the Iberian Peninsula. Its Home. I get wind about every opportunity from the daily shop talk and friends and I light up at the idea of retiring somewhere exotic, at least that is how I imagine a place in Asia. I ask around, do a little homework and for every opportunity out there, it only takes a few facts to get you pointed to another direction.

In the case of Cebu, I learn about the union (oops, association...same thing), and it's off the list. Stifles the exitement of the wife but it's okay. I only have further encouragement to the fine gentlemen out there in Cebu. Go get them, boys!

Have a good one Chairw.. catch up with you in another thread.

takamasa
16th Feb 2011, 13:06
either way, if anyone has any replies from the company, please feel free to drop some words here.

i am hoping there will be foreigners receiving calls or emails soon.

ZFT
17th Feb 2011, 00:29
Chairwrecker,

also saw a couple of old white dudes flying the ATRs a while back (once when i flew to Caticlan), just wondering if they're still there.

Weren't these the ATR manufacturers TRIs (from TLS and BKK) on very short term assignments? (I bet they would be please to know they are "old white dudes"!)

squarecrow
17th Feb 2011, 02:47
Not sure about longterm expat jobs there, I heard Air Asia may second crews for there planned operation here until enough local pilots can be recruited.

yano
17th Feb 2011, 03:08
What about 5J pilots moving to Air Asia? Isn't it enough manpower for their initial operation this year?

arigato
17th Feb 2011, 05:57
5J pilots are on "standby mode" awaiting for their well deserved "very cheap bonus" despite of their huge profit. It's 5J's trademark. :)

Just wait a little time and it will answer your questions perfectly.

TCs for Air Asia Philippines will be coming out very soon...:ok:

I have seen happy guys at Clark. There is really a "Quality Life" after 5J...;)

cessna95
17th Feb 2011, 09:52
Waiting for March 15, then the show begins.

AirAsia here we come!

chairwrecker
18th Feb 2011, 03:22
@ZFT
sorry, didnt mean to sound racist or, errr, "age-ist"?
:O

subsonic69
18th Feb 2011, 17:17
Airphil Express.. theyre taking in another 3-5 aircrafts this and the janitor told me they have new portuguese and french ( the janitor thinks) FOs' currently flying.

arigato
19th Feb 2011, 00:38
Desperate times for the Airlines... :rolleyes: But good for the local pilots who have been "battered" through the years for nothing but "chippy"... :D There is always a time for reckoning...:) NOW is one of the bests ... I think!

Goodluck! :ok:

jamestaylor
20th Feb 2011, 00:54
APX is hiring and will have new pilot retention program soon according to the janitor:ok:>>>>>>>>>>

yano
20th Feb 2011, 01:08
This will help their students secure employment with Cebu Pacific after graduation

CEB seeks employment partnership with flight training organizations

The Philippines’ largest national flag carrier, Cebu Pacific (PSE:CEB) comes up with even more job opportunities for Filipinos by seeking partnerships with flight training institutions approved by Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP).
After the success of CEB’s grand recruitment event last February 11-12 at the Hotel Intercontinental Manila, the airline announced another innovative way to source high quality personnel for its growing workforce by creating a sustainable crew resource program.
Now, it opens the doors for partnerships with quality flight training organizations. According to CAAP, there are approximately 50 registered flight training institutions in Clark, Subic, Pasay, Bacolod, Zambales, Lapu-Lapu, and Manila, among others.
“We encourage the leading flight training organizations from all over the Philippines to develop competitive proposals and send them to Cebu Pacific so we can forge a partnership with them. This will help their students secure employment with Cebu Pacific after graduation,” said CEB VP for marketing and distribution Candice Iyog.
Interested flight training institutions should contact CEB’s Special Projects Office for a request for tender document through our email address: [email protected].
“As the country’s largest airline, CEB continues to find innovative ways to support its growing workforce. This will deepen our pool of technical experts in various airline functions and ensure that CEB strengthens its high-quality value proposition to its passengers.” Iyog said.
She added that this is a win-win situation for both the flight training organization and the airline. “CEB looks forward to welcoming even more qualified individuals into the CEB family, as we take delivery of more brand-new Airbus A320 aircraft,” she concluded.
The airline has already received four brand-new Airbus A320 from October 2010 to January 2011. By the end of 2011, CEB will be operating a fleet of 37 aircraft – with an average age of less than 2.5 years – one of the most modern aircraft fleets in the world. Between 2012 and 2014, Cebu Pacific will take an additional 16 Airbus A320 aircraft.
The first low-cost carrier in Asia, CEB currently operates over 260 flights daily to 16 international cities and 33 domestic destinations. It flew almost 10.5 million passengers in 2010, exceeding targets with a 19% increase over 2009. Its international passengers also grew by 38% in 2010.

piperJ
20th Feb 2011, 16:33
Good day to all!

I would like to ask if anyone here have an idea when will be the simulator check for the aspiring FO's who passed the interview last job fair?

thanks

Do-27
20th Feb 2011, 22:08
Hi folks!!:ok:

So is the first time expats pilots will join airlines from philipines?... never happend before?....:confused:... How is life in Cebu Pacific as a FO?.... how many lay overs and hours per month?:confused:... is a nice place for living?....
.....a six months contract only they say....:\

Any ifo will be really appreciate it!;)

Cheers!:ok:

Fubaliera
21st Feb 2011, 08:50
Thru Parc Aviation you get a serviced apartment and 6000usd but for three months only. What a shame.

boeing_airbus
23rd Mar 2011, 09:59
is it legal by philippine law to employ expat pilots? are'nt there enough pilots in the philippines for Cebupac to hire? i hope that CAAP sees this.

yano
23rd Mar 2011, 12:16
Could be a temporary solution only. Once the local pilots who are currently on ground school completes their line training , then it's bye bye to expats.

That explains the short-term contract.

Surely, there are lots of pilots in the Philippines, but the airline is looking for "qualified" pilots :ok:

MangInasal
23rd Mar 2011, 23:42
Hello Sir's new to the forum here, I would just want to know if there is really a lot of A320 pilots needed in the Philippines I am typed on the A320 just this month and submited my resume to all operators of the A320 in the Philippines but no reply. Thanks, any help or info will be appreciated.

chairwrecker
24th Mar 2011, 08:20
not sure if any expat will accept 3 months contract. never heard of such anywhere....

jester_icarus
28th Mar 2011, 01:09
hmmmmmm....

Flying.AMJ
28th Mar 2011, 01:45
Its souds very bad to cebu pacific......... I was wondering why cebu pacific is looking for a flying school to be there partner. Its sounds like ????... Instead of doing that, they must focus on the pilots that have enough flying time. Last job hiring, my friend told me that around 100 to 120 pilots apply in cebu pacific with enough flying hours but when cebu pacific begin there panel interview some pilots say's no techical questions its persoanlity only other say's more on technical, so in short others did not pass the interview. Last week I heard that lost of applicant failed in simulator... So guys if you analize this. Cebu pacific is needing of 75 pilots for ATR and AIRBUS and now around 56 plus or more resign in cebu pacific so more or less cebu pacific is needing of 130 pilots...

If cebu pacific are interested and serious about this all they have to do is to accept all pilots applicants, train them all with a bond of atleast 5 years specialy to those who are not type rated thats it problem solve.

9ball
28th Mar 2011, 12:23
jester why don't you tell chief sam to make you an instructor in the ATR.......

Fubaliera
28th Mar 2011, 12:44
Expat pilot contracts.
Contract Air 4000usd plus a flat 3-6months
Magellan Aviation same
Parc Aviation 1 year contract on local terms paid in pesos, 2800 usd assuming 35 hours of flight time
All is interview via skpe, no sim eval.
Regardless expat or local theys people need to learn how to pay international wages and offer min 1-2 contracts with upgrade possibilities.
With in 30 days they have played games with different brokers using different contracts . Cebu must think pilots on the expat circuit are stupid and only check with one broker at a time.
Cebu could be the contract of choice like Vietnam if the just stopped playing games and start paying. Lets wait and see what Air Asia does

xxfl350xx
29th Mar 2011, 04:55
I for one am very happy to see ex-pats joining a Philippine airline. Looking forward to flying with them.
Its bringing a change that is much needed in the Philippines. For those who worked abroad in the past and are back here, can see the benefits in opening our doors to the foreign market.
We should welcome any and all pilots to our company and to those who are leaving for greener pastures, kudos and best or luck.

See you on the flight deck

arigato
29th Mar 2011, 11:33
Ex-expats who rejoined years ago left for another local outfit and the remaining "others" will join Air Asia in few months time to include most of the qualified Captains. This is a negative implication of BUPAK's current situation.

There is a deeper problem other than Dondie and Sayong and they are just incidental or accidental to the situation. If Bupak's management will continue to play "CHEAP" with their most precious posessions, THE PILOTS, the situation will recur as a system cycle even if all of them are EXPATS.

When you are very tired and very sick due to heavy loads of flying and nobody in the Flight Opns that you can lean on and your pay is not enough to compensate you, then it's time to consider "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". Goodbye Dondie, Goodbye Sayong, Goodbye Dan, Goodbye Sam and Goodbye Lance...Happy & Safe Flying to All!!! (Who left you) :)

Take your lead from EX-EXPATS, they will show you the way.

xxfl350xx
29th Mar 2011, 12:42
@ Arigato

I agree with you 100%, we are been over worked and the pay is not nearly close to what it should be, and yes there is a deeper problem within 5j.
I'm physically feeling the stress, and i'm not that young anymore..

But I am a professional pilot at the end of the day, and as such I do welcome our new guests into our country and company. I'm sure they will be a valuable asset and whether they stay or leave in the future, they must be welcomed. We are after all the hosts and they the guests. That and I dont really care who's sitting next to me, as long as that person is as professional and competent or more than myself.

Theres allot of opportunities out there right now and if I was younger I would jump on them in a second. The Philippine aviation is growing rapidly with many companies entering our market. Cebu Pac has some serious competition on the horizon and they should remember that.... As should we with so many new opportunities appearing :ok:
Best of luck to all that have left. I believe you've all made a good choice

Happy flying

Aerodmb
30th Mar 2011, 03:38
What kind of opportunities for a 3 to 6 month contract does Cebu have? I am 3000tt, 2000turbine, ATP, ATr experience (not current) and current on EMB145.

Flying.AMJ
30th Mar 2011, 08:38
Good day,

just want to ask here if cebu pacific is still hiring pilots? I am a flight instructor and now looking for a stable job like ailrine. Thank you

9ball
30th Mar 2011, 12:32
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/manina16/RHSeat.jpg

Fubaliera
30th Mar 2011, 22:42
Question for all the Cebu guys.

If I decided to go to Manila apply apply in person to Cebu Pacific where would I go and who could I talk to. There is so much discrepency among the brokers that I would rather apply in person
Thanks in advance
Total time 7000
4600 Jet
2010 A320

Reedeye
31st Mar 2011, 23:21
Reasons for the turnback? From what was mentioned before, some of the little indian boys, when the going got tough, they just couldn't get it going....now they're going again??? Others went back for the heck of it, but still others went back because Cebpac runs a charity ward....a hero can be a zero depending on whose viewpoint is seen. The path of least resistance usually leads downhill.

True expats can be a shot in the arm for an ailing company. Filipinos are just too proud to admit that we are an undisciplined lot. Pwede na, bahala na, okay na yan is the norm. Maybe, just maybe, given a chance, things could be a lot better if these new expats can inject a different culture, a ray of sunshine, into the cesspool that Philippine aviation has become.

Just my two euros worth.

Reedeye
31st Mar 2011, 23:26
Wow! Any takers? Pwede ba ako dyan :) maybe there is an age limit for this....mental and physical :O

cessna95
31st Mar 2011, 23:26
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1) What are the SIB and IBP?
The SIB and IBP are two schemes for the Pilot compensation and benefits package.
SIB is the existing program that started January 1, 2011. This included a productivity rate improvement and allows a pilot to receive a service
incentive at the end of 3 years after any outstanding bond with the company. Should a pilot reach the compulsory retirement (65 yrs) in the middle of the program, he will be entitled to a prorated computation.
The IBP is a program that incorporates an increase in productivity pay effective April 1, 2011 and includes additional medical, back-of-the-clock
flights, rest-day duty and vacation leave buy-out benefits.

2) Do all pilots need to select between SIB and IBP?
Yes. Each one needs to formally express his scheme of choice by signing an agreement that stipulates the package he/she prefers.
4) If I do not make a choice and fail to sign the agreement on or before March 31, what will happen?
If a pilot fails to sign and submit before the deadline, default package will be SIB the current outstanding program.
The default or chosen scheme will remain for the duration of your employment. While the figures and benefits used are valid April 1, 2011 onwards for IBP (Option 2) any future adjustments of benefits, flight classification for back-of-the clock, future vacation leave conversions, medical coverage guidelines may still be adjusted by management as deemed beneficial to all.
5) When is the deadline to inform People Department of my desired option?
Deadline is 1830H March 31, 2011. This means that it is better to submit your form as soon as you can and anticipate the need to submit prior to any outstation assignment, RON duties and any unforeseen needs to go on leave. We encourage everyone to personally see us at the People Department before the deadline to take advantage of being advised on which scheme works best for you.
6) Why is there a provision for 90-days notification period of resignation with IBP?
The 90-day separation notice is a courtesy to the company to provide ample time to minimize operational disruption.
7) Will the 90-day notice also mean that my last 3-month salary will be withheld until my clearance is processed?
No. There will be no change to existing policy and practice.
8) If a pilot fails to tender 30-day or 90-day notice period, whichever is applicable, what will happen?
Should you fail to provide agreed notice period of separation it will be considered as a breach of contract.
9) If I am up for recurrency within the 90-day notice period, will I still be slated to undergo recurrent training?
The purpose of the 90-day notice period is to minimize operational disruption. The company, at its discretion, will continue to ensure that you are able to be a productive member of the team during this period.
10) If my published schedule for this month indicates 10 days off and I was asked to report during one of the 10 off-days, will I be paid?
No. The company will guarantee you a minimum of 8 days off. If for operational reasons the company requests you to work on any day off below the minimum of 8 days an additional allowance will be paid.

Reedeye
31st Mar 2011, 23:33
Talking walls are but mere echoes
of things that have been once said
What you want to hear
can be found in the still, small voice
beneath the thunder and the rain
and the earthquake of the exodus
listen very well for it
for it may speak the wisdom of the ages

toffeebuenafe
1st Apr 2011, 08:46
with the exodus that happened, maybe its time for bupak to revive and give again MPL sponsorships. besides, many Clark Av products are now FOs with them. right? :ok:

cebuano
1st Apr 2011, 18:50
How many bupakers are leaving for AA? Any confirmed numbers?

koolchaos3188
1st Apr 2011, 19:07
will cebu pacific hire a foreign national with just Type on Airbus A320.
no hours on type just the type rating...

USMCProbe
3rd Apr 2011, 01:39
Does anybody have any contact info to apply, other than the contract agents? I went thru their website and their job profile company but it won't accept my info. I am a current 320 Captain and might want to come for 3-6 months. Always wanted to come to the PI.

Zap320
3rd Apr 2011, 17:50
Hey Probe,

I applied through one of the contract companys and got an immediate reply. Also looking forward to flying in PI for a couple of months. They said the start date is April 15th. Good luck!

St. Ex
6th Apr 2011, 01:33
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/manina16/JOBAssistantCheifPilot.jpg[/IMG]
Before anyone gets any ideas, please be informed that the reason behind this ad is that the current Assistant Chief Pilot Airbus, Capt. Allan Garces was recently promoted to Chief Pilot Standards and Evaluation, thus creating the vacancy.

Having said that, everyone is now welcome to have their ideas.:)

9ball
6th Apr 2011, 09:53
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/manina16/untitled-1.jpg

takamasa
7th Apr 2011, 09:26
is there any concrete information that 5J is hiring expat FO as well??

Rubis
7th Apr 2011, 15:33
Six Euro FO's started and four US Capt's on Monday the 4th April. Two of them left that night. One because he would not wear the Orange shirt of CEBU.

Flt op's continue to deteriorate with longer duty days and sporatic schedules. But the 20 minute turn arounds with brake temps around 300 during takeoff still annoy me. Pay from Contract is late again this month.

New job offer on 350 today, back is packed.

mototopo
7th Apr 2011, 15:43
Rubis,

I like orange shirt!
I'm an F/O with ATPL, A320TR with low time on it and.. Ah ex-pat of course. Do you think I can wear it??

Happy landings everybody:ok:

takamasa
7th Apr 2011, 16:03
Rubis

so just curious that they left coz they didnt wear the orange shirt,why ?
why is that?

arigato
7th Apr 2011, 16:05
5J situation is getting "WORST". The recent FDCI is again a "Recycled Cheap Strategy" by the Management.

Cancelling vacation leaves followed by forced leaves has been repeatedly done in the past to save money for the Company at the expense of the Pilots. :=

I am waiting for the next FDCI to cancel "Sick Leaves" due to Operational Requirement...:)

When the same situation in the past repeats itself, it will have a "Tsunami Effect"...Watch Out!!!

It will take only a "Mustard Seed of Leadership" to make a difference.

BUT???

ekdrone
7th Apr 2011, 17:32
Why, what's up with the Orange shirt? Is that the company's uniform for pilots now?

Rubis
7th Apr 2011, 19:08
I'm sure the "boys" like it when you wear it. Advertising is directed at a specific market.

This is basic Freud..straight out of the books. Take some one with little esteem or qualifications, give them a job that pays little and works their ass off. Ask them to put in extra hours with no extra pay and break basic regulations to make to company profitable so it can survive and you can have a new Orange shirt. Maybe an extra one if you get "employee of the month". But if you can put those extra shirts in the bank towards your retirement, or buy food to feed your family with those shirts, then maybe it's a good deal. I'll bet Lance uses his extra shirts to pay for his BMW. How much you spose that shirt costs? 500 peso's at best. So get out your abacus and see how many shirts per hour you are making each payday.

Jet Blue uses Freddie Mac coupons, probably cause they are cheaper than shirts.

You might want to research which market the shirt is directed towards. :D

9ball
22nd May 2011, 00:37
exodus continues..........2 sets leaving every month from the Airbus group. :D:D:D

9ball
22nd May 2011, 00:45
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/manina16/bag.jpg

jamestaylor
22nd May 2011, 01:46
Such a minor issue when the company made over 150m usd last year.................

toffeebuenafe
22nd May 2011, 05:27
with so many pilots leaving and brand new A320s coming, how does one enter bupak then?

suggestions, anyone?

Reedeye
22nd May 2011, 14:15
The same way you should go out, the door.

9ball
25th May 2011, 03:37
Such a minor issue when the company made over 150m usd last year.................

they might need the money since the stock price went down below market expectations.

gsstar
1st Jun 2011, 04:09
HI , does Cebu use Clark or Ninoy as a pilot base..where should i find a place to live if i move there ?..they are no longer providing Hotac - transport .
pls suggest ..thx

gsstar
4th Jun 2011, 08:50
which is a better base Cebu or Manila? ...do we have a choice or not...where which area is the best to rent in Manila that is close to the airport...Cebu crew can we pls have your input ..thx

gsstar
6th Jun 2011, 04:23
Roger that..thx..

gsstar
6th Jun 2011, 04:36
on pprune or in Manila ?...thx

subsonic69
7th Jun 2011, 03:38
Is RP-C3250 still grounded in Korea?

Fubaliera
18th Jun 2011, 08:49
Can anbody who has joined as a expat share the questions that were asked in the skpe interview,specifically the tech portion.
Thanks in advance
regars

j dela cruz
7th Jul 2011, 14:09
re: memo on pilot flight bags of CP

First, it cannot be mandatory. Otherwise, what is the legal basis? What if I have my own? Pilots should be allowed to use their own provided it conforms to standards.

Second, if pilots are compelled to avail of the flight bags, the pilots should have the option of surrendering or returning the bag instead of paying. The bag should likewise not be more expensive compared to its commercial price.

Third, CP cannot simply deduct the amount from the pilot's salary. There should be a written authorization from the pilot expressly allowing the specific amount to be deducted.

:oh: :p :)

arigato
11th Jul 2011, 14:17
Re-Grapevine News:

LG will really match the salary package for Pilots with that of Air Asia...BUT after 5 years... when all of his Pilots are gone. Simply a "Low Cost" strategy !!!

Re-Victorinox Flight Bag:

The bag is as cheap as the brain of the one who implements the policy of recall or refund. He is more concerned of the cost of the bag rather than improving the working conditions of Pilots. Simply another "Low Cost" strategy of a no brainer.

Solution:

"HIRE MONKEYS AND PAY BANANAS." :)

cessna95
12th Jul 2011, 00:45
very well said arigato......

Pilots that have left for AirPhil Express, Zest, and SEAir have made the right decision to move on, the red eye flights are now harder to manage in terms of scheduling. more and more people are calling in sick........:=

Fubaliera
20th Jul 2011, 01:11
Whats the problem with the expats, I heard there having lots of fun, but you never know

Kathmandu
24th Jul 2011, 15:10
Is Cebu hiring expat F/o with type and around 200 hrs on A320.
Total flight time 7000+.

Kathmandu
4th Sep 2011, 14:06
where? really looking forward to. Appreciate if you could provide detail to it.

parsifal
5th Sep 2011, 05:56
9 ball

you are obviously not a cebpac lover. i am. and i am no masochist. this airline feeds my family and gives us a comfortable life. there are no five red eye flights a month. maximum is three. more than three you get paid extra. pilot choice. eight days off guaranteed. less than eight, you get paid your daily rate. pilot choice. no fly. no pay.

are you a pilot? a cebpac reject? or simply a born sour graper. get laid.

Kathmandu
6th Sep 2011, 15:23
hello parsifal,

really looking forward to work with 5j .I do have 5000+ hrs on turboprops & also hold A320 type rating with 200 hrs of flight time will they accept it.

Phenom100
22nd Mar 2013, 15:32
Does anyone have any information on the skype interview? is this just for initial selection or a full interview..

Any info would be much appreciated guys as i have one coming up

Cheers
Phenom100

IsawBiTuka
23rd Mar 2013, 13:23
Phenom,

What's your flight time experience if u don't mind me asking?
Thanks

cessna95
27th May 2013, 01:06
any new resignations lately????

Captain Custodio are you there????

Fubaliera
27th May 2013, 08:27
From the grape vine, Custodio, and Maralit are out and there hiring for the 330 relief pilots

Phenom100
27th May 2013, 15:16
Anyone know the current situation on recruitment, i had a skype interview a while back now, was informed i would be called 10 days later for the tech one, but nothing.....

They are no longer responding to e-mails etc.........

sumittomar
28th May 2013, 06:25
Is there any vacancy for atr rated co-pilot in cebu

St. Ex
28th May 2013, 10:22
Captain Custodio is on indefinite leave to spend more time with his mother due to her ailing health. His mother just passed away yesterday in case you didn't know. Give the guy a break.

Captain Maralit...I don't know if he even has a mother.

captainjoy
12th Jul 2013, 10:32
Hi,
Can You tell Me what kind of questions they asked during the interview?
Have They called You by now? Are U flying there now? Thanks for any info You can give Me as I will have Skype interview soon, I heard the pay is different for each pilot, do U know what they will Pay Yet? Pretty Low As I understand.
Thanks for Your time.
Best of luck

MDT06
13th Jul 2013, 01:36
Anyone with the T&C? Thinking about applying but would like to know this first.

Thanks

MDT06

ironbutt57
17th Jul 2013, 12:32
They are hiring permanent 330 expat captains it appears....

A330 Captains - Cebu Pacific with Contractair Ltd | 1401366811 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401366811/a330-captains-cebu-pacific/?TrackID=4023)

Stewsan
21st Jul 2013, 08:12
Expats will never have a permanent position at Cebu. They will use you as they need you and then when they don't, it's Adios.... I mean Paalam.

kwaiyai
21st Jul 2013, 08:25
not sure how you can call it permanent as I presume the Work Permit is not Permanent.

Skymaster337
21st Jul 2013, 10:28
Permanent as in "local" hire, as opposed to "contractor".

Yes, contractors in any country, with any airline are only temporary workers.

ironbutt57
23rd Jul 2013, 05:29
I didn't call it anything, nor am I interested in working for sub-par conditions...just read the website via the link

kwaiyai
23rd Jul 2013, 08:17
You may be locally hired but as Foreign Crew you have a work permit that is not permanent, I think that is what Stewsan was hinting at?. They can use that as a way to flick you off when they dont need you anymore and pay CR22pier terms etc. Its happened before,

Skymaster337
23rd Jul 2013, 10:22
Name any job in aviation where you are guaranteed employment.

You can be cut loose from any position, with any airline at any time.

Again, come in as a "contractor" and you are already starting off as a "temporary help" status.

kwaiyai
24th Jul 2013, 02:19
Skymaster you obviously have to have the last word everytime so I will leave it with you.
I made my point and that was all.

Skymaster337
24th Jul 2013, 09:26
In "A Few Good Men" Col. Jessep said it best "You can't handle the truth!":eek:

HermannP
25th Jul 2013, 19:34
Cebu Pac,
if the company need pilots - they hire, in the past expats as well.
If the company dont want the expats anymore they brake the contracts.
This happened end of last year again.
From information until end of duty: Two weeks, no matter the contracts where still running.

Contract as local pilot:
Low salary
14 days leave per year
Expect around ten weeks running around and organizing many, many and more documents, confirmations, certifications, lots of photos 1x1 and 2x2, in different colours, they dont accept what you bring if the colour is not exact what they want- and different offices intern and extern want different colours, tests, two medicals, local english languagge prof, local radio com. licence, local ATPL and many, many things more.
All in all, that keeps you for weeks busy.
You will travel criss cross the city, traffic jam everywhere and always.
On a bad day expect for five kilometer 90, 120 minutes or more.
In that case, walking? You will do that once!!
Believe me, many, many things more.
And you will hear: Come back next week, tomorrow, next wednesday or whatever hundred times before you finish to organize the documents. You will need a taxi and waisting a half or complete day very often for nothing.
Once you have completed everything, all the documents and requirements you dont get a licence. You will get a temporary licence with the permission for a checkride in the sim and a linecheck. Your first flight in the company will be a linecheck.
Thereafter you may get the local licence. How you keep your loicence is your problem, dont forget you have only 14 days leave per year.
Finally, dont forget a blue and a black pen!
Sometimes you are only allowed to write and or sign in blue,
sometimes you are only allowed to write and or sign in black.
And, you pay for everything on your own for the Journey, Hotel, food, medical, CAAP, taxi to organize everything during weeks without salary until you finally productive flying on line- that may take three month, or more.
The base may be changed from one day to the next, i know pilots who got a change one day before they started.
Salary: As a captain you get something between 190K and 250K PHP A320 and ATR72 (4000 and 5000 USD)
Once you are in, it is OK.
But you can be out any day for many reason.
The word fairnes is not known in SE-Asia and as well not in some companies...
It´s more fun in the Philippines...

bananaman2
26th Jul 2013, 00:09
You forgot the bit... if you don't like it - no one's forcing you to take it! But then again in those days weren't expat on contractors paid 11k USD + housing + travel allowance etc (for the ATR - maybe more for the airbus).

Agreed if you're a 1500+ hr ATPL FO (with Jet time) or Capt then maybe you have other options but if you're a low hour FO trying to get your first job or some hours and they're offering you the 'Limited' FO post then you've probably got no other options - a lot of people would bite our hand off for the opportunity to fly without having 'Pay to Fly' - sorting your documents is a small price to pay, although easier (I understand) than the likes of Japan, Korea and China.

Skymaster337
26th Jul 2013, 01:37
Salary: As a captain you get something between 190K and 250K PHP A320 and ATR72 (4000 and 5000 USD) Again, you are only quoting productivity pay (flight pay) and you are leaving out the base pay (about $3000/month).

And, you pay for everything on your own for the Journey, Hotel, food, medical, CAAP, taxi to organize everything during weeks without salary until you finally productive flying on line- that may take three month, or more.Once you are employed you are on base salary until released to the line, at that point you will receive "productivity pay" (flight pay), so again your statement is inaccurate.

Expect around ten weeks running aroundCan be done in about 4 weeks actually. Depends upon the motivation of the person doing the running around. ;)

Once you have completed everything, all the documents and requirements you dont get a licence. You will get a temporary licence with the permission for a checkride in the sim and a linecheck. Your first flight in the company will be a linecheck.
Thereafter you may get the local licence. Actually you get a "validated" ATPL based upon your home countries ATP. And you don't get a "line check" until the "release" flight after SLF and RQ. After 200 hours in a RP registered aircraft you are eligible for a full conversion to a CAAP ATPL.

Thereafter you may get the local licence. How you keep your loicence is your problem, dont forget you have only 14 days leave per year.The company allocates days off for license renewal with the CAAP. If you must return to your home country for a license renewal then yes, it could be a problem.

But you can be out any day for many reason.
The word fairnes is not known in SE-Asia and as well not in some companies...Same is true with many airlines around the world. Please name one airline that once you are employed you are guaranteed a job for life? :rolleyes:

ArmApp
26th Jul 2013, 05:15
I appreciate if someone could tell me if they are conducting Limited FOs or A330 Cruise Relief pilot interviews via skype please.
Thanks.

HermannP
26th Jul 2013, 18:26
Salary: As a captain you get something between 190K and 250K PHP A320 and ATR72 (4000 and 5000 USD)

That is basic plus productivity pay.
More or less half and half basic pay and productivity pay, depends on the flighthours.

Intruder One
26th Jul 2013, 18:55
Bananaman2 and HermannP you guys are correct.

The good ole days are gone.No more $11000,Traders Hotel,transport to work and 6 on 2 off and the company took care of everything.Even the girl in HR told me the past is over..."local terms only"

If not I would go back in a heartbeat.

Skymaster337
27th Jul 2013, 01:27

More or less half and half basic pay and productivity pay, depends on the flighthours.

What? I'm sorry HermannP but your "information" is grossly wrong. :=

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

ONSHORTFINAL
27th Jul 2013, 01:46
I was wondering how you deal with this situation:

If you do finally get a "validated" CPL based upon your home country
CPL/ATPL TR. And as stated from forum members, after 200 hours in a RP registered aircraft you are eligible for a full conversion to a CAAP CPL/ATPL.

While you still dont have these 200h, must necessarily your home country TR/ licence be current or is no longer needed unless you wish to have it current.

Every job opportunity needs plenty of detail planning, and certainly if there is something missing in Philippines is INFO, unanswered emails are quite common, and if lucky and you get an answer each source says a different thing, so even more confusing.
It may be possible at some point to get a position, but dealing with HR is frustrating so far:ugh:

Toruk Macto
27th Jul 2013, 02:17
Having done business in Philippines and purchased property one thing I know for certain . Don't expect your emails to be answered ! They seem to have a real problem finding the reply icon .

Skymaster337
27th Jul 2013, 02:31
Having done business in Philippines and purchased property one thing I know for certain . Don't expect your emails to be answered ! They seem to have a real problem finding the reply icon .

Emails, text, phone calls, etc. Communication etiquette is not their forte'.

HermannP
27th Jul 2013, 17:57
Dear Skymaster,

i am not talking about the old expat contracts, that is history in Cebu Pacific.
I am talking about the standart from Jan. 2013 on.
And once again, below is the standart now.

Salary: As a captain you get something between 190K and 250K PHP A320 and ATR72 (between 4000 and 5000 USD net)

However, overtime only for a few pilots...

I have seen the original contracts from the local pilots.

Skymaster337
28th Jul 2013, 03:02
I am talking about the standart from Jan. 2013 on.
And once again, below is the standart now.

Salary: As a captain you get something between 190K and 250K PHP A320 and ATR72 (between 4000 and 5000 USD net)

However, overtime only for a few pilots...

I have seen the original contracts from the local pilots.

Right Hermann. :rolleyes:

Get the facts before posting downright distortions of the truth.

You have no credibility in anything you've posted so far. :=

HermannP
28th Jul 2013, 15:17
I know that you want to attract people, but please dont write things wich are not true.

Attaking me will not give you any credibility, the people have eyes and can read the Cebu threads and your posts.

And still-salary:
As a captain you get something between 190K and 250K PHP A320 and ATR72 (4000 and 5000 USD) after tax.

IXUXU
28th Jul 2013, 16:34
O_0 I feel a disturbance in the force....

Skymaster337
28th Jul 2013, 22:51
I know that you want to attract people, but please dont write things wich are not true. I don't have a dog in this fight, it's not up to me "to attract people".

Attaking me will not give you any credibility, the people have eyes and can read the Cebu threads and your posts.No one is attacking you, just pointing out that you are deliberately putting out false information

And still-salary:
As a captain you get something between 190K and 250K PHP A320 and ATR72 (4000 and 5000 USD) after tax. Well, I am pretty good at math, and your numbers simply don't add up. Again, you and your buddies keep ignoring the fact there is a base pay also and are distorting the pay numbers.

I have the current contract right here in front of me and your information is inaccurate if not deliberately misleading.

Here is my reply in another thread on CP on the true numbers for a A320 Captain:

OK, let me show you the math then:

USD 53 per hour (1-60 hours block)
USD 62 per hour (61 hours and above)

So on 85 hours "productivity pay" (aka "flight pay") the total is:

$4730 US (this is tax free)
$3000 US base pay (taxed)
----------
$7730 Sub Total
$ 140 "check in allowance" (transportation)
---------
$7870 TOTAL

There is also field reserve pay that can figure into the amount, and also remember we are converting to US dollars.

jonjie
29th Jul 2013, 09:26
Ok Kids, before things get out of hand...here is the lowdown, and this answer came from a recently released 320 local captain i shared the crew shuttle with.

Basic for a new Airbus Capt. Php 120k. Deduct taxes and sss , medicare,etc, net is php 100k. Total productivity pay on 80 hours is roughly 160t.

Total take-home pay is Php 260t

Today's exchange rate is P43.30/usd 1

So in usd, the net figure you will see on your Atm monthly is $6,000.

Far cry from the heydays a few years ago. So if you have a REAL , stable job stay where ever you are.

But if you are jobless and 4 months behind your mortgage, a nagging wife, and the Repo guy is casing your house looking for your VW Golf ...this Gig beats watching CNN and lurking on Pprune for sure!

Remember, no one is FORCING you to take this job. Just my two cent's worth..

IXUXU
29th Jul 2013, 10:03
:confused:

splitzkreen03
31st Jul 2013, 03:19
Hello people,

New to forum here. I'm currently a dual citizen (Filipino and US) living in the US. I hold a PPL, currently working on my CPL, and have about 247 hours.

I was wondering on how to go about getting a job with an airline in the Philippines. The aviation industry seems to be booming over there whereas here in the US is progressing backwards.

How is the process regarding converting the FAA certificates into CAAP ones? Am I also required to fly 200 hours in RP-C... aircraft for the conversion, as suggested above?

Any input is appreciated

squarecrow
31st Jul 2013, 04:01
Tks for that info Jonjie. Must be close or you would get a one page essay back.

bananaman2
31st Jul 2013, 10:25
splitzkreen03 - I converted from a JAA to a CAAP CPL/IR and I know a few guys who converted from FAA and CASA to CAAP.

If you hold a Philippine passport (as you do) you can convert your licence straight away without having to do 200hrs (there's a clause in the PICAR somewhere stating this fact) otherwise you'll just get a Validation initially. When i did it, they wanted to know I had a job to go to also.

If you just get the Validation initially it will allow you to start flying Philippine registered aircraft under the privileges of your 'mother' licence but you'll need to keep the Validation certificate and Ratings valid... so suggest you push for conversion.

To Validate/Convert as well as doing various things like Air Law exam, Eng Lang, Medical, Radio Lic etc you'll need to do 10 hours and a check in a light aircraft or if you come with a rating e.g 320 you can just do a check in the 320 without doing the light aircraft stuff.

bananaman2
31st Jul 2013, 10:35
Actually to join in the debate on salary briefly....

I fly for a rival 320 operator in the Phils, where the majority of Capts are ex-cebupac and they told me Cebupac has 'incremental' pay and a seniority list anyway.. so salary increases with every year of service. A couple of our Capts told me they had 10+ years service and when they left they were getting 300k PHP basic (before productivity)... so salary is not fixed from person to person.

As an aside i heard this was a sticking point when some senior Capts were offered the 330 as they were told they'd lose their seniority (as it was a new airframe) and would have to start from year 1 330 pay.

eaglesnest1972
31st Jul 2013, 12:05
Hi guys,

going a little off topic...
Anyone know what is the average roster for the 330 chaps at Cebu?

Thanks to all:ok:

St. Ex
4th Aug 2013, 00:51
bananaman2,

You are referring to what is known as Annual Merit Increase or 'AMI'. Here's how it works:

The basic salary for an A320 Captain is around Php 124,000 before taxes. Every year, each pilot is 'evaluated' by the Chief Pilot in the form of an 'Annual Assessment'. He is then given his AMI for the year which is anywhere from 4-7% based on the evaluation. Thus, If a new captain who had served say, 3 years as FO prior to being upgraded and having achieved the full merit of 7% AMI would technically have an accumulated AMI of 7% x 3 years or 21%. So his basic pay upon making the left seat would thus be Php 124,000 + 21%= Php 150,000. This is before taxes. The full 7% is the exception rather than the rule as this is all dependent on the Chief Pilots mood when he drafts the annual assessment. 4% would be the more realistic figure and 0% is not totally out of the question for the same reasons stated.

This system has since been super ceded about 2 years ago for all new hires by one which equates the basic pay to experience level/ flying time. Management created 'brackets' of experience in terms of time. Example, 1500 -3000 hours would be a certain basic pay, 3001-4000 a level up, etc.

This was the formula used for the Long Haul Division/ A330 when bids for pilot positions were opened. This led to complaints from the more senior pilots specially those who were highly experienced but were spending a lot of time instructing in the sim and did not have their experience properly reflected on their logbooks in terms of flight time.

In the end, the decision to move from SA to wide body was driven by reasons other than monetary.

bananaman2
4th Aug 2013, 03:10
Cool, thanks for that, St.Ex.... like I said and you confirmed - different pay structures in force.

... and yeah heard through the grapevine about various folk transitioning to 330, merely for reasons of wanting to fly a different aircraft or trying longhaul...

Anyway gotta go fly:ok: happy landings!

Capt.Morrgan
12th Aug 2013, 02:16
Hi folks-
Could anyone who has had a sim check recently with cebu pac for a 320 fo job share what's the profile like? Much appreciated.
-CM

cessna95
26th Oct 2015, 02:20
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/cebu-pilot-misinterpreted-runway-lights-before-a320-418151/

Cebu pilot misinterpreted runway lights before A320 excursion

23 OCTOBER, 2015 BY: DAVID KAMINSKI-MORROW
Pilots of a Cebu Pacific Airbus A320 should have executed a go-around rather than pursue an unstable approach into Davao, which resulted in a runway excursion that damaged the jet.

The aircraft passed through a burst of intense rain as it neared touchdown and the captain “misconstrued” runway edge lights as centreline lights, states the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines.

It says the weather conditions “severely affected the judgement and decision-making” of the captain, who was flying, and that the rain “obscured” visibility of the runway.

The aircraft “failed to maintain” a stabilised profile during the VOR/DME approach and was still left of the runway 23 centreline moments before touchdown.

Investigators point out that the first officer was calling for the aircraft’s course to be shifted more to the right. But the subsequent correction took the aircraft too far to the right of the centreline, aligning it with the right-hand edge lights.

It landed about 30m before the touchdown point, some 190m from the threshold, close to the right-hand runway edge and crabbing about 3° to the right.

All three landing-gear assemblies had left the runway by the time the aircraft had rolled some 500m, and the jet travelled another 330m on soft ground. There were no injuries among the 165 passengers and six crew.

The jet had been landing at Davao in darkness on 2 June 2013.

Investigators found evidence of “lapses, omissions and contradictory words” by the crew, adding that the captain was probably apprehensive about landing in poor weather, at night, using a non-precision approach.

While a go-around was “necessary”, it was not carried out, possibly because the pilot’s attention was “narrowed” by his focus on the difficult conditions, says the inquiry.

Missed-approach procedures in such conditions were “seldom practised” during recurrent training, the inquiry adds, and the “over-use” of airports with centreline lights “deprived” crews of the chance to improve flight skills at airports without such systems.

SlamBam
13th Nov 2015, 12:08
So what's the latest word on the NEWEST exodus from Cebu Pacific? :E

Black Crow
13th Nov 2015, 23:38
Most of the Expats are gone, the locals are leaving for Viet Jet and other airlines. LYG has even asked Viet Jet to "please stop poaching my pilots".

And of course, the remaining Pinoy pilots are all to glad to take up the slack and work over to make up for the losses.

arigato
18th Dec 2015, 13:02
Based on A1 information, somebody will take the cudgel of this mess. Next year will be the time for reckoning.

To CebPac pilots, Hold On!!! Wait!!! Give LYG a fair chance for "cleansing" & "reparation". He is still the "BIG BOSS".

Hope for a "Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year", if not, "....Come to Me and I will give you REST!!!..."

Arigato Gozaimas :) :) :)

Black Crow
18th Dec 2015, 13:34
LYG is only interested in profit, and he will replace King****t with another money grubber to do his bidding.

As long as the local pilots are willing to pick up the slack, fly illegally and when sick then there will be no change.

Only when the airplanes get parked will LYG come to the table.

St. Ex
19th Dec 2015, 05:13
The reason an expat is always at the helm of Cebu Pacific is no mere coincidence. The position demands that profit is maintained no matter how inhumanely the employees are treated. There is probably no Filipino out there who is capable of forgetting humanitarian requirements and to some degree safety for the sake of financial gain. Having said that maybe Mr. ABR comes close as well as Captain MCI of the Long Haul Division.

Black Crow
19th Dec 2015, 14:22
Hi Guys,
Does Cebu Pacific Airline still employ foreigners? I am married to a filipino gal and would like to spend some time in the Philippines, I don't have any jet time but i have turboprop command time on B200/B1900 i have an oz cpl + completed atpl subjects.
Thanks.

1) You will be required to sign a training bond, about $30,000US (it varies).
2) The training is sub standard, actually "sub standard" would mean there is actual training. It's well below sub standard. Ground training is a joke, and sim training consist of having a local (expats are not allowed to be instructors) screaming and yelling while giving unrealistic problems and multiple emergencies. Be prepared to attend classes that are taught in Tagalog because the instructor could care less about you.
3) Being an expat, you are relevant until you're not. You will be looked down upon and will get firsthand attention of just how racist the Filipinos will be against you. In their eyes you are "stealing" their jobs.
4) Scheduling is horrendous. 8 hard days off per month, but you will get calls to fly on those days, and you are not allowed to decline. Typical schedule has you flying in on your last day arriving midnight or after, day off and showing at 1am on the next day. You cannot bid schedules, they are assigned. ATR flies 6 to 8 legs a day. Crew Schedulers are the equivalent of trained monkeys.
5) Pay. Dismal. FO's make about $2000/month.
6) Vacation. 2 weeks per year, that's it. And you are charged vacation days on your scheduled off days. So if the 2 weeks you pick for vacation have 3 off days, they make you take vacation for those days.
7) Domicile. Manila. Forget "cheap living" unless you want to live in a slum. On FO pay you cannot afford to live in Manila, period.
8) Captains (locals) will treat you like the scum of the earth, and when they screw up, you will be blamed.
9) Safety. The destinations of the ATR are small airports within the Philippines. Except for a very few (5?) the rest don't have instrument approaches or ATC facilities and no radar. You will fly with Capts that will concoct home made approaches into mountainous jungle terrain during monsoon weather. You will fly with Capts that have zero knowledge of aircraft systems. Several ATP locals have about the knowledge of a Private Pilot in the rest of the world.. Limitations? What's that?
10) You will pay for your own work permit (about $1000 US), you will pay for your own license conversion with the CAAP, you will pay for your own company medical exam. In essence, you pay for EVERYTHING required to gain employment. While attending training until you are released for line flying (about 6 months) you will receive a "training allowance" (no other pay) that is less than $500/month. Think you can live in manila for $500 a month?
11) There is no flow through to the A320 or the A330 as they are different companies. If you go to the ATR (CebGo) you are stuck there, period.
12) Captain upgrade. Forget it. Locals get priority on upgrades.
13) If you do get lucky enough to upgrade (kiss enough ass) then you will be required to sign another training bond of $30-$50K US, that will run concurrent with your FO training bond.
14) Sick days. Unpaid. That's right, call in sick= no pay. And if you call in sick, you are required to go to a doctor, get a grounding slip. Then when you are better, you are required to go back to a doctor and get a release slip.

ZFT
20th Dec 2015, 01:15
Black Crow

sim training consist of having a local (expats are not allowed to be instructors)

That's not entirely correct as far a Cebu Pacific is concerned. Not sure about CebGo

Black Crow
20th Dec 2015, 04:18
I am assuming the bond would include a type rating on the aircraft? If i came with my own A320 type rating would the training bond still apply?

Yep, they will tell you it pays for the "training" they are giving you. In reality it's just a scam to keep you there for 3 years.

Is this on the Airbus or ATR?

ATR. You might make $2500/month on the Airbus.:eek:

Unfortunate.

You paint a bleak picture are there any positives at all?

Nope. It's an indentured servitude type employment. They own you, and your only purpose is to make them money, without question.

Black Crow
20th Dec 2015, 04:21
That's not entirely correct as far a Cebu Pacific is concerned. Not sure about CebGo

Unless it's very recent, expats as Instructors doesn't happen there. Instructor positions are not awarded to pilots who can teach, they are given as rewards to locals regardless of their teaching ability.