PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Devices

SPIT
1st Nov 2010, 00:22
Hi
My wife has a Mobile Phone with Bluetooth < She wants to download some files and pictures on to my Computer , how is this done ?? my computer uses a wireless keyboard and mouse and is Win Vista if this is any help. :confused::confused:

Loose rivets
1st Nov 2010, 02:27
I may be missing some point here, but why don't you just plug the phone into the computer's USB port? Lead should have been provided with the phone.

On mine, if I do this, it asks me if I want to simply charge the phone's battery, or use it as a drive.

Rhayader
1st Nov 2010, 06:17
Had the same problem recently and replacing the phones missing USB lead was more expensive than paying a few pounds for a bluetooth dongle that plugs into the USB port on your computer. It should self install and then just pair the devices and transfer.

mixture
1st Nov 2010, 07:34
replacing the phones missing USB lead was more expensive than paying a few pounds for a bluetooth dongle that plugs into the USB port on your computer

Except you'll soon find that Bluetooth performance is lousy and will be down the shops again to buy your USB cable. :cool:

If your phone saves its photos onto a flash card of some description, then all you need is a flash card reader and use that to extract photos.

Rhayader
1st Nov 2010, 07:47
I'm no expert on these things but my device transferred an 11MB MP4 video file in about 30 seconds, has a claimed range of 100m and is only the size of half a 2p piece. Granted a cable would be quicker, but being away from home and wanting to put some footage from the sons phone onto my notebook (a rare home goal by Birmingham City :}) it was done in the pub after the game.

jimtherev
1st Nov 2010, 09:11
Have to say, I agree with those suspicious of Bluetooth. Works well - except when it doesn't... and of course it doesn't explain why it doesn't. I'm sure it's a driver thing, but I've got 3 or 4 in the drawer I've discarded when no amount of killing & re-installing will get 'em to work.
FWIW I have a cheapaschips USB hub at the back of the desk with links to camera, phone, satnav already plugged in and dangling - I just connect the beast I want to use when I need to.

Why each manufacturer insists on a proprietory USB connector is another matter...

sir fizzy
1st Nov 2010, 09:16
Make sure the computers' bluetooth and the mobile phone's bluetooth are both switched ON... then select one picture at a time and there should be an options list, click send via bluetooth and your phone should automatically bring up a list of what bluetooth devices it can find. send it to the right one.

Hope this helps! - Jay:\

Rhayader
1st Nov 2010, 16:39
Supported them for 45 years through thin and thin. I know a rarity when I see it.

:}

Guest 112233
1st Nov 2010, 17:39
"Supported them for 45 years" - See my age: Now take a big look in the B'ham City Trophy Cabinet.

I gave up on them 10 Years ago.

A great team in the 1970's but it all came to "Nowt"

You can get mini bluetooth tranceivers that plug into the USB ports - I'm about to try them out on an old XP M/C - From a well known Electronics Shop begining with M.

CAT III

Mike-Bracknell
1st Nov 2010, 17:58
"Supported them for 45 years" - See my age: Now take a big look in the B'ham City Trophy Cabinet.

A great team in the 1970's but it all came to "Nowt"

My participation in this thread has now become conditional upon your admittance that Wolves are by far and away the better team and club :E:ok:

Rhayader
1st Nov 2010, 18:28
Wot? The Dingles? Never.

:ouch:

Rhayader
1st Nov 2010, 18:31
See my age: Now take a big look in the B'ham City Trophy Cabinet.

You can find Old Trafford just to the west of Manchester city centre.

:E

OFSO
1st Nov 2010, 20:27
The Bluetooth dongle works just fine with my PC running XP: the Nokia paired with it fairly easily.

Unfortunately after I subsequently paired the Nokia with my Ford parked outside my home, the Ford then of it's own volition paired with my PC.

And I seem to be excluded from this triangle.....lots of flashing lights, no idea what they are talking about !

OFSO
2nd Nov 2010, 13:00
Tried that SoCal. Now my wife's Ford Fiesta has joined in. Reminds me of a story by Steven King. Glad I disabled the freezer's Bluetooth.

Rhayader
2nd Nov 2010, 19:06
Remember those sealed golden goal tickets you could buy for a bob.
You opened them up and they gave the time to the second that Birmingham would score the first goal..?

Mine said October.. !

Jaspers just called...... Can he have his gag back?

:)

Rhayader
2nd Nov 2010, 19:48
Lc0uN3yM76k&feature=related

Mike-Bracknell
2nd Nov 2010, 21:21
Unfortunately, I have no excuses. I support Man City.

Ahem :):):)

(give me a break, we don't get too often to gloat as Wolves fans)