PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

pilotatlast
31st Oct 2010, 19:55
Is it possible to get a DEC with Ryaniar if you don't have B737 time? Does anyone know of anyone to have achieved this? Thanks

captplaystation
31st Oct 2010, 20:05
It happened many years ago,but I doubt if it is going to happen again any time soon. Why not check with their website,if you are interested, I am sure the answer is there, as the entry requirements are spelt out fairly plainly.
AFAIK at the moment it is NO.

VJW
31st Oct 2010, 20:48
I think the answer is yes, I'm with RYR and we had a huge amount of DEC's within the last year. Of course they prefer to upgrade, but we had so many last year, mainly from Futura and Varig.

All depends on the need at the time.

Birdy767
31st Oct 2010, 21:53
Sorry but according to their job criteria you must be ab initio or type rated 737NG for DEC.

How can you get trough if you don't match these "requirements"?

VJW
31st Oct 2010, 21:55
Very sorry, I read the first post wrong. DEC yes, but you do need the experience on type. My mistake.

go around flaps15
31st Oct 2010, 23:43
Flew with a captain a few weeks back who joined 4 years ago as a DEC. He wasn't 737 rated, he had been flying an Avro for a european legacy carrier.

I have not flown recently with any new direct entries, so Im not sure about what way they are doing things at the moment.

Too Few Stripes
1st Nov 2010, 11:27
Latest news is there will be no more OCC courses, therefore no more DEC at all. Of course things may change but that was the latest info from the company.

Rgds.