PDA

View Full Version : Flight School Report

skysurfer0805
31st Oct 2010, 19:18
Hello Guys,

Ryanair requests a Flight School Report to be attached with my application. I got invited to next weeks assessment and I think my former flight school has a rather "minimalistic" understanding on how such a report should look like - a single page about which courses i did there and a line noting that i finished "wihout any problems".

Isnt it supposed to be a detailed report on each module of training ?

I have done my MCC with SAA in Stockholm - which was btw highly professional (i recommend them) - and they obiously sent out a very detailed analysis of my performance during the training.

Isnt it something like that what they expect also from my flight school? Or is it enough ?

Im happy about your thoughts or suggestions,
Thanks in advance...

Gyro Drift
1st Nov 2010, 09:18
I'd have thought the more detailed the report the better. I guess different FTO's have different ways of compiling that final report. The OAA final report is quite comprehensive. Sounds like SAA gave a more detailed one from your MCC though?

If that's all your FTO has written, then thats all they've written. Just shine through on your interview and let the assessors see your personal qualities:ok:

GD

skysurfer0805
1st Nov 2010, 11:02
Thanks. I was just taking it seriously with preperations for this day. :ok:

sir fizzy
1st Nov 2010, 11:12
still woundering if i will be able to get a job at B.A after studdying with OAA. It's not looking good.

- the spaghetti has been spilled, it's on the floor. its all going downhill from here

Allioth
1st Nov 2010, 18:07
I did my interview in December last year, and they asked me the same thing...
I had a "kind of" report from my school (Stapleford Flight Centre), but it was nowhere near what they were asking... I went to my school asking for it, and they simply said: "we don't do these reports"
I hope this was not the reason why they rejected me :(
Good luck
BTW, I've heard RYR is laying off 1500 jobs by end of the year due to rise in german taxes...
Any specific news about that???

Gyro Drift
1st Nov 2010, 18:12
Allioth,

Can you quote the source for that piece of Ryanair news?

Thanks,

GD

Allioth
1st Nov 2010, 18:35
I'm sorry but I've heard it on the radio! :(
That's why I wanted some proper news...
Hope someone will come out and tell us something
Regards

luvly jubbly
1st Nov 2010, 19:18
Ryanair cuts flights from Frankfurt-Hahn - on 352luxmag.lu (http://www.station.lu/?p=edito&a=external&id=80375)

NEVER believe anything Ryanair say!

LJ

Allioth
1st Nov 2010, 19:44
Well, yeah... Sorry for my 10-times-higher number :*
But there you go... I think Ryanair is due to start its decline... Like Roman Empire, it's come to a sort of stable life, and will start soon to go downhill...
Unless they start charging for oxygen masks and toilets...
But this thread is going off track, so sorry for sharing these observations... and let's go back to the original post...
As far as I'm concerned, RYR is not even intrested in your Multi rating being current (that's what the Chief Pilot at Stapleford - ex RYR captain) told me...
So, probably a simple report will be more than enough.
Good luck again!
Allioth

P.S. are you still having LPL as flight profile??
Bye!!