PDA

View Full Version : Escape/back one page

dazdaz1
31st Oct 2010, 15:03
Hi all

I'm having problems returning to my browsers page using the '<' top left of screen (having to use multiple clicks of the '<' ) This only happens on this one site......
abovetopsecret dot com . Some times I have to exit ff and load again.

It also occurs using IE8. The backspace key does not seem to help either. Windows 7/FF all updated.

Any ideas
D1

hellsbrink
31st Oct 2010, 18:49
No problems at my end using latest incarnation of FF

tailstrikecharles
31st Oct 2010, 19:22
The history may be taking you back to the same page. The back button IS working, its just not obvious.
(This often happens when internal links are navigated to by the # mark -Anchors")

dazdaz1
1st Nov 2010, 16:55
ASFKAP.....Thanks for your reply, I tried it, but after the "waiting" bla bla bla the 'done' shows and I'm still on the page I was trying get off.

Guess I'll have to live with it. Thanks to all who replied.

D1

aerobelly
1st Nov 2010, 20:08
If one page has a built-in redirect, going back to it immediately redirects. so you seem to be in a loop. The escape is to use the list of previous pages and go back a few steps in one jump. The list is normally somewhere near the back and forward buttons, or part of them, depends on exactly which browser you're using.

tailstrikecharles
1st Nov 2010, 20:28
Hook the video out of your computer to your Tivo (tm)
And just rewind to see what you want.
Or f**k the trees, print as you go!

jimtherev
1st Nov 2010, 22:22
Experienced the same from time to time. Usually it works to click the back button twice in v. quick succession - seems to fool most of the sites.

But I'd guess that Murphy's law will kick in for you, 'cos that's what it does!