PDA

View Full Version : Indian air carriers update for aspirants...

estranged soul
31st Oct 2010, 14:31
Been getting PMs from a lot of youngsters lately regarding opportunities in airlines.

well, for those interested :

1. Jet airways is out with an internal circular stating manpower requirements for the year 2011.
The following vacancies have been advertised :

i) 64 B737 Captain upgrades
ii) 14 A330 FO upgrades from narrow body
iii) 7 B777 FO upgrades from narrow body
iv) 24 Captain upgrades on ATR

overall freshers can expect around 100 vacancies MORE than the number taken in recently in the selections.

2. Indigo :

They are trying their best to poach pilots (Mostly Captains and TREs) from other carriers.
FOs are needed and those with atleast 2000 time (piston or turbine) would be preferred over those with just 250 hours.
Guys with an A320 rating (self sponsored) will NOT be considered for the time being, however, they MIGHT take in self sponsored guys from April-May next year.

3. Spicejet :

Currently management re shuffle is in progress.
Almost all their cadets have been roped in. Shortage of Captains and Instructors.
Currently the training of their cadet pilots is going on at a snails pace. As of now they are self sufficient as far as trainee FOs are considered.
You stand a better chance if you have 2000 hours total time and an ATPL.

4. Deccan Cargo :

Not much info about this company, but a friend of mine in India working for this airline told me that they would need ATR captains and FOs very soon.

5. Air India : Sorry not much info here.

6. Kingfisher : Again ... not too much info apart from the fact that most of the trainees waiting in line have been recalled. (ATR and A320 trainees) This information is about 2 months old.

condorbaaz
1st Nov 2010, 06:00
Kingfisher

Pilots leaving. Experienced TRE included.

Only people staying looking for Upgrade to PIC or LTC or TRI or TRE,

Management bunch of liars who promote sycophants etc.

Keep last choice. NO respect for Pilots except if appointment holder.

TC

Godspeed

niksmathew24
1st Nov 2010, 06:51
@ estranged soul (http://www.pprune.org/members/338550-estranged-soul)
Thanks for the info:ok:

flyjet787
1st Nov 2010, 09:24
The scene at Air India:

AI: They have about 100 trainee pilots who have finished their 737 ground training/exams and have been sitting on the ground doing nothin for more than a month now.

AIX: Just completed recruitment of 40 type rated F/O's. They MIGHT come out with an AD for another 40 TR F/O's.

IC: They have excess pilots and have been trying to move some of their pilots from 320s to the AI 777s but so far havnt been sucessful.

CD: They have sufficient pilots for the time being.

:ok:

guitarboy
2nd Nov 2010, 23:43
If flyjet787 is correct then why do i keep hearing news from everywhere that AI is gonna come out with Vacancies soon? Soon as in maybe early Next year like Q4. or maybe Q1 FY 2011

I mean even insiders in the Company are feeding the same news.. guess thats just another bluff!! :{

Spicejet has recently hired quite a few and i think theyr done for 2010. :oh:

Indigo with their CAE programme is still on, but i really have no idea if the First batch of guys with the LOI's have started supi's etc. :sad:

Jet.. well if someone could tell us around when does Jet Plan to recruit again? :confused:

and a big question that came to my mind looking at the huge house Mukesh Ambani has juz finished building.. why dont the Ambani's start a nu Scheduled Airline???!!! I mean theyv got all the bling bling! They have their own Personal B767 lol! If Mallya can why cant they?!!! lol. :} :sad: :rolleyes: :p

Viraaj Shah
3rd Nov 2010, 05:00
What about the 28 787s ordered by AI. Few of them should be delivered in 2011. I suppose they'll start recruiting in plenty then or lets hope so. :)

sushantmmehta
3rd Nov 2010, 05:03
Jet airways just came out with post for co pilot and captains.check out 3rd page TOI ascent.any ideas though if they want IR current?:mad::ugh:

vserian
3rd Nov 2010, 05:16
Currently AI needs B777 pilots, they been asking some A320 IC Captains to do the upgrade and alsp the A310 guys. They are also placing few 250 hr fresh pilots on the 777, mostly who graduated from IRGUA.

AI express will hire 737 Type rated pilots soon. Air India Cargo is not doing well, pilots are quiet unhappy and recently 4 of them moved to the 777.

@Viraaj Shah
There are 2 AI 787 almost ready in Seattle. We should be getting it pretty soon. At this point its not clear who will be flying these. but rumors within the company indicate that mixture of 777 and 310 pilots would move to the 787.

Valentino_Balboni
3rd Nov 2010, 06:32
a big question that came to my mind looking at the huge house Mukesh Ambani has juz finished building.. why dont the Ambani's start a nu Scheduled Airline???!!! I mean theyv got all the bling bling! They have their own Personal B767 lol! If Mallya can why cant they?!!! lol.

Oh yeah?Do they now? Can you kindly point out the reg. of the B767? The last time i checked only Air Sahara flew the type in India, and the RIL stable had the A319CJ. Where did the B767 pop out from?

Viraaj Shah
3rd Nov 2010, 09:15
Thanks Vserian.

Anybody has inside information as to when Jet Airways is going to come out with openings for Trainee first officers next?

alouette3
3rd Nov 2010, 14:23
and a big question that came to my mind looking at the huge house Mukesh Ambani has juz finished building.. why dont the Ambani's start a nu Scheduled Airline???!!!
Guitar Boy,
Simple answer to that has been given in two different versions:
How to be a Millionaire? Simple.Start off by being a Billionaire and then start an airline ( Richard Branson)
Or,in other words,the way to make a small fortune is to start with a big one and start an airline.(Author Unknown)
I think the Ambanis are smarter than that!;)

zippe
3rd Nov 2010, 14:38
Spicejet to place orders for 30 new Q 400's. delivery to start second Q 2011. out in the papers...good luck:ok:

guitarboy
3rd Nov 2010, 22:26
@Valentino - sorry ., My bad.. it is the A319CJ! not a 767..

@ Alt3 - Now i get it :P

-----------------
Q400's??? Isnt the ATR 72 a better plane for short flights in indian Climate condtions?!! Plus availability of Technicians , AME's ..Pilots etc

Only God knows whats happenin in Aviation!!!

Btw Jet has a new Ad for A320 Typed FO's which they im sure plan to put on the right seat of the A330's they have.. and also Capts for 777 and 737NG.

I think the Indigo 320 typed LOI guys should apply for this one! :P

Also INDIAN COAST GUARD has an ad out for a Fast Selection for their Asst. Commandnt Position. everyone with a Cpl born btween 84 / 92 can apply.
The Ad is given below as seen in TOI Main paper..

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=CAP/2010/11/03/25/Img/Ad0250718.png

HurryUp&Retire
4th Nov 2010, 23:05
Whats the best way to get hold of Deccan Cargo HR dep?

thanks guys:ok:

niksmathew24
5th Nov 2010, 04:50
Call them on this no. and tell them to connect you to the HR dept.
080 4250 0360

or else head of to B'lore:ok:

cats200
17th Nov 2010, 11:13
Any idea about GO AIR??

KKAARR
29th Nov 2010, 06:38
Vserian is it really true that AI has placed 250 hrs Freshers directly on 777s.......??

niksmathew24
30th Nov 2010, 05:59
Yep..They had around 40-46 guys on the 777 but lately they got transferred to the 737 fleet. Recently finished their ground classes for 73..

vserian
30th Nov 2010, 08:11
@KKAARR

Yes AI have been placing many fresh 250 hrs pilot on the B777s and its also true that few of them were moved to AIX. Last week I flew with 2 of them who just got placed for line training . Some of them are pretty good and some doesn't deserve this job.

But this is not new in AI, many many years back also they were placing 250 hrs pilots on the 747-400