PDA

View Full Version : British Airways CityFlyer Assessment

fredgrav
30th Oct 2010, 21:50
Hello Everyone,
would just like to know if there's someone in here who's been invited to take part in the selections of 8-9-10-11 November in Manchester for BA CityFlyer. I DID NOT confirm the participation cause I DID NOT even know what the 1-day assessment consisted in and had only 10 days to get prepared for it. Does anybody know what's expected ? ...

Thanks in advance,
fredgrav

OutsideCAS
30th Oct 2010, 22:46
Think you'll find that at the moment the 'e' mail is more for information rather than a confirmation of an invite on one of the days i.e. they're guaging how many are free to attend on the relevant days before applying a further 'filter' to select the best from those free to attend - oh, a large thread already running in T's & C's on BACF if it helps.......

mcgoo
31st Oct 2010, 00:59
10 days to prepare for an assessment?, just what are you expecting?

fredgrav
31st Oct 2010, 07:40
Thanks OutsideCAS !

Mcgoo,
I'm also involved in the selection process of February for Lufthansa. Do you think 10 days are sufficient to get prepared for a DLR ? I'm afraid not.
And, for BA, as I said, I don't even know what the assessment is about ...

fredgrav

norton2005
31st Oct 2010, 14:51
Mate it's just a generic email, hold tight for a while longer an those who are going to be invited for those days will find out in due course!

fredgrav
31st Oct 2010, 17:25
Thanks Norton ! ;-)

Halfbaked_Boy
1st Nov 2010, 19:29
Just as an aside -

I made it to the final stage of the BA CityFlyer assessment (the 'mentored' scheme that ran with FTE, assessments taking place Jan/Feb 2008 in Manchester).

I know only one (maybe two?) person/people made it through the final stage and am curious to know if this scheme was actually a success given the recession and whether that person or people, nearly three years on, are now flying the line at LCY.

All the best! :)

dan1165
2nd Nov 2010, 09:14
anyone already invited to take part in the selections of 8-9-10-11 November in Manchester ? :rolleyes:

Robby966
2nd Nov 2010, 09:20
Hi Dan1165,

If you check out the other thread on BA Cityflyer there is one guy invited so far.....no one else seems to have got email or call yet......

dan1165
2nd Nov 2010, 10:37
Oups just checked , thanks :} !

ATPLwhoops
2nd Nov 2010, 12:17
I heard by the end of today all will be called. Lets see.....

fredgrav
7th Nov 2010, 06:43
i have been invited in these days but i have note still recived a confimation do you have recived somethingHiya Mav,
you've not been invited for the assessment but only asked if you were able to attend one of those days ... 8-9-10-11 November; if not, should have already let 'em know (before October 29). So if you haven't got a call yet, I've reason to believe it's just because you have NOT been shortlisted. I know only few were called thus far ...

Best,
fredgrav

Boeing 77W
7th Nov 2010, 15:16
If successful for this round of interviews then you would have received a call and an information pack in the post.

fredgrav
11th Nov 2010, 06:02
Received the following mail just yesterday ... even though I let 'em know (before October 29) that I would not have been available for any of the dates in mid-November. [23 years old, 310 TT, Frozen ATPL]

------------------

Dear [Mr X]
Thank you for your application for the position of First Officers E-Jet Series Aircraft as posted on Careers with BA CityFlyer (http://www.bacityflyerjobs.com).
Unfortunately, in this instance, your application has not been successful.
Thank you for your interest in BA CityFlyer and we wish you luck with your job search.
Kind regards
The Recruitment Team
BA CityFlyer

------------------

Wishin' everyone every success in finding a job soon, ;)
Fredgrav

josemarb
11th Nov 2010, 22:05
I did receive the same mail.

Just one day before the assestments will finish:ugh: