PDA

View Full Version : Anybody willing to fly in Europe?

sudacainfrance
16th Dec 2000, 17:23
Hi guys, I am trying to bring as much southamericans as possible in order to change the boring way of life that the Europeans have. There are plenty of jobs for any kind of experience.
Let me know if you are interested...
Good vibes y que viva la fiesta

VenPilot
17th Dec 2000, 09:40
Hi Sudaca!!!
Just curious about what kind of jobs they have to offer over there. I am current in B-767 as F/O and havin 5.000 as SIC, all in heavy jets. OACI ATPL.
P.S. Proud to be SUDACA!!!

Xenia
17th Dec 2000, 13:35
I was born in a country in South America where the sun never stops to shine http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif ... and I am very proud of it as well!!! ;) but don't agree with what you said about "the boring life europeans have" http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif
I've been here for many moons now...and my life isn't boring at all, neither are my european friends or my european parents!!!!
What I have to say is that in my sunny country aviation is, sadly, a "death topic"...let's put it that way...All my national pilot friends emigrated to Taiwan, Singapore, South Africa...and this created quite a few disruptions in their family lifes... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif
Good luck in bringing as much as southamericans pilots as possible...but remember...there are plenty of pilots looking for a job here...and that you'll have to deal with not very easy work permits and european licences....
It could be a good and fun idea to organized an "south americans in Europe bash" one day... :) :) :)

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

sudacainfrance
17th Dec 2000, 15:56
Hi Xenia, let me appologize for what I said about Europeans. I might be generalizing a little. I guess I just picked the wrong or the less "fun" part of Europe. But allow me to say that having European parents changes the whole point of view about Europe.
I have moved over here five years ago, worked 4 in CH and now I am in LUX, living in France,close to CH.
Let me tell you, I love to go back to my messy, corrupt, dangerous but FUN home town in South America. But you are right, aviaion is a dead en road over there.
Thanks god I get to have a bunch of layover at home.
Regarding jobs, it is true that it is dificult to get a work permit, but if they need you (like they are needing now) they'll get you anything required.
For you venpilot, with that experience, you might wanna try Britannia, Hapag Loyd, Easyjet, Crossair (best bet, they are desesperados) or even Cargolux
Are you currently with Lan Chile?
Keep the music loud, late!!!!!!!!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Tom the Tenor
17th Dec 2000, 17:29
Well done, Xenia, a South Americans type PPRuNe Bash in Europe is a great idea and I would love to go if we can fix it up. It would be great hearing about flying over the Andes and about tricky landings at Juan Santamaria etc. Thank you, TTT.

------------------
What we want is a bit of Pop Music, none of this Beethoven!!

Cumulonimbus
17th Dec 2000, 22:09
Great idea Xenia. A Bash for South American types. I promise to come, if you do! Perhaps we could get IFR & Stan Sted motivated too on this one. I know Danny would certainly be up for it (when isn't Danny up for a party?)

Any guys out there looking for work, make sure you look at Flight this week. We have an advert and need type rated, experienced crews. I'm sure Danny won't mind a non specific plug for crews?

VenPilot
18th Dec 2000, 01:37
Well, you bet!!
Expat in Chile, good country but no good money AT ALL!!!
LanChile is havin an excellent profits but for the owners not for the pilots.:ROLLEYES:
I do not complaint 'cause i have a job but i am willing to try better conditions.
Thanx for the info, i'll be in touch.

Shoutin aloud!!!!

Condorito
18th Dec 2000, 09:41
Hey VenPilot,
If you don't mind me asking. . just how low is low (with regards to Lan pay that is)?

VenPilot
18th Dec 2000, 19:48
Is a little disgraceful but i have to admit we are the cheaper guys of ONEWORLD alliance; as a F/O on the 767 we do not earn more than us$2600 per months, Cap's makes no more than us$4000 per months.
P.S. How can an South American work in EU with all that "RIGHT TO WORK IN THE EU" stuff?

Xenia
18th Dec 2000, 20:26
Hello VenPilot.... your nick make me really feel homesick http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif ...remaind me a lot of my sunny homeland...
Just wondering...if u are from Chile or from somewhere else, but working in Chile...
Anyway...let me put my sentimentalism away and reply to u...The man who has the answer for your question is Cumulonimbus.
He specialized in bringing and mixing pilots all over the world...
Seems like he's up for a South American Bash...That's fine for me...but....
Make sure u practice some Salsa and Merengue...I'm not really into Lambada... :) :) :)

------------------

AeroBoero
19th Dec 2000, 03:58
Oh my!! Even here I'm not safe anymore :rolleyes: :)

sudaca ;

where are that jobs (that you don't need to spend money doing theory and some flying again to be JAA??)????? Please let me know..I can save a lot of money (and have some fun again).

[This message has been edited by AeroBoero (edited 19 December 2000).]

Stuka
19th Dec 2000, 08:45
Sudaca, see my note in your E-MAIL.
Well keep in touch.

Condorito
20th Dec 2000, 04:31
Thnx VenPilot. . .
It's not much but for a pleb like me living in Australia where it's 2 AUD$ for every US$ (yep the Oz dollar is not too strong these days) doesn't seem too bad. .
Cheers

VenPilot
22nd Dec 2000, 08:19
Hey guys, don't mention it, it is a pleasure if i can help you,in someway, to figure this out.

Xena:
I am from Venezuela (the place where beautyful women are from), and been livin here in Chile for 4 years now.

Once again, do not complaint about my job...BUT i think it could get better.

Xenia
22nd Dec 2000, 13:02
Venpilot....
So we are... PAISANOS! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif
I used to fly in Venezuela as well back in late 80's up to 90's....If you flew at that time...Uhmmm...wonder then if we know each others! ;)
Is nice to find some of my paisanos here!!!
If you like to drop me a note e-mail me at [email protected]
Te deseo una Feliz Navidad y un Prospero 2001....

------------------

4144r
23rd Dec 2000, 08:35
Hi Sudaca,
Can you give me more details about flying job in Europe.
I have a French passport,FAA licence,and tired of the Floridian's way of life...when you don't have work permit.Not so easy.
SAFE FLIGHT.

pt-pilot
31st Jan 2001, 06:20
HI, I am a Venezuelan in Portugal, I have a Portuguese comercial licence, and looking for a job. I would really be thankful to get info on job oportunities..

Que la pasen Bien..
Y gracias por adelantado

Domincan
2nd Feb 2001, 19:21
VenPilot:
LanChile is starting a company in the
Dom.Rep called LanDominican,and now I don't
feel so insulted. Last week I interviewed
with them and I was afford US$2,500.I
expressed my feeling about a salary so low.
They argue that, the company is just starting and that after six month they will review the
salaries.
Hey guys count me in for the Bash I can
probably catch a jumpseat out of POP.I would
like to show Xenia how a Dominicana dances
SALSA and MERINGUE.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Domincan (edited 02 February 2001).]

bulla
4th Feb 2001, 19:41
VenPilot....

Como estas? me llamo Cesar vivo en Sydney y hace tiempo buscaba alguien que trabajase en Lan Chile para hacerle unas pocas preguntas.... tengo 22 años y tengo muchas ganas de volver a chile. Tengo CPL australiana y 4/5 de un titulo universitario, estoy volando aviones metro 3 como F/O. cualquier informacion seria fantastica.
mi e-mail es [email protected]

Gracias
Cesar

VenPilot
5th Feb 2001, 10:05
Hi there,
Been busy working but i am back now.
DOMINCAN: Good luck if they review anything; promised me upgrade to CAP in 3 year at the most, been 4 waiting and nothing yet.Anyway is a job and you should take advantage of it.
Tell me more about LanDominicana, just heard yesterday is starting soon (finally)What airplane going to fly? Which routes? Starting When?.
Be glad to answer any question.
BULLA: I'll write to you with some info.
XENIA: Sorry for the delay, I'm 30 years old and i don't think we met before (I flew with LAV and Viasa since 1990) but is glad to hear of a Paisano. i'll write to you too, chevere!?

twinbeech31
10th Feb 2001, 05:23
Hello All.

Just wondered if anyone could help me out. I am English but cannot work in Europe because of JAA medical regs. I have FAA licences (2500TT/350ME mostly instructing). Any advise on finding work in South America. Thanks. ([email protected])

neil armstrong
18th Feb 2001, 22:54
Hello people,
I must say i agree with sudacainfrance that Europe can be boring specialy when you live in Great Britain like i do) I just came back from a holiday in Central America and i did love it (i might just build a holiday home there).
I now need a job which gives me more days off to go over there more often.
To bad the money is so bad overthere but remember the cost of living in Europe up to 52% tax(depending on the country) and the price of real astate.(What am i doing overhere??????????????????)

Good luck with the jobs

Neil

Xenia
23rd Feb 2001, 02:24
VenPilot, I flew for VE from 1986 to 1992 ;)
Used to know very well few people at LAV such as Capt. Roberto Bl., Capt. **** Rom. and so on.....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Xenia (edited 22 February 2001).]

ACORN
27th Feb 2001, 07:07
You all seem to be getting out of S America I on the other Hand Want to get in ! I'm an ex-military heli-pilot looking for work in Costa Rica sick of the life in Europe anybody got any info?

Hung start
28th Feb 2001, 23:20
Ola todos.
I am one of those boring Europeans ;) (No, I know that nobody said that), but I have a Brazilian heart :) (used to live there). Three quick questions:
1. Anybody know about chances of a friend here from Denmark getting a job in Brazil. He´s with a Brazilian girl, and will soon marry. What are the rules today in Brazil on getting a Brazilian licence,converted from JAA?? (when I was there, I had to become a citizen, something that would take me many years of waiting.
2. Is Varig hiring and if so, what are requirements. (I believe he has around 1000TT/300 Twin.
3. Would I be allowed to join a South American bash :) :) (Falo Portuguese)??

flyingcircus
3rd Mar 2001, 16:27
Just curious with every one looking for work in europe are south american companies short on drivers? All I want ot do is fly in a country where the woman are attractive. ( I currently work in Papua New Guinea and most of the local girls fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch in the way down!) I have 1800TT 800Multi (no turbine). Anyone with some web sites would be appreciated.

cesar
8th Mar 2001, 23:20
Oi Hung start.
I saw in VARIG's website that they were hiring recently but I guess the selection process has already begun. TAM, however is hiring. I'm sending you a mail with the boring details. :)
Um abraço.
Cesar.

VenPilot
10th Mar 2001, 09:30
Hey Xenia,
Sure i knew them; Blasi left to Servivensa when i start at LAV and Romero is still at there. I belong to the last group of pilot that entered the old good LAV (not the new ALAS).

VenPilot
10th Mar 2001, 09:36
Hey Xenia,
Sure i knew them. Blasi left to Servivensa when i get in LAV, and flew with Romero a couple of times.
Haven't see them since.
I belong to the old good LAV (not the new ALAS) but i was in the last group that enter LAV before shutdown.

KISSES XXX

VenPilot
10th Mar 2001, 10:08
Hello

Tom the Tenor
10th Mar 2001, 14:02
ACORN, Have you been to Costa Rica on holidays? If not, you should go, it is a great place; warmth, beaches, raniforest and good people who are tolerant of you if your Spanish is not great. The only helicopter operations I remember from my trip there 2 years ago are Hughes 500s with the Police. Morning TV have traffic reports from San Jose with helicopters as well. The name of the old inner city airport at San Jose escapes me just now but I would say the complement of rotary aircraft are based there as I do not recall seeing any helicopters at all at Juan Santamaria during the four times I passed the place. Hope this tiny bit helps a little in some way. Thank you, TTT.

------------------
What we want is a bit of Pop Music, none of this Beethoven!!