PDA

View Full Version : VARIG employment

Baby 8-4
11th Dec 2000, 04:12
Hi,

Does anyone know the requirements for employment in VARIG. I have tried to reach them by mail, but to no avail.

I am a Danish citizen with a European JAR-certificate (would that be preferred over an US?) and since I am getting married in Bahia this July with my Brazilian girlfriend, we are both looking for employment as we hope to stay.

Thanks in advance...

Contrails
11th Dec 2000, 04:31
Hello Baby,
Only Brazilian citizens can work for Varig. Anyway try Varig´s pilots association site, than you can find more information about career at Varig. <A HREF="http://www.apvar.org.br" TARGET="_blank">www.apvar.org.br</A>

Baby 8-4
11th Dec 2000, 05:08
Thanks Contrail.

I am learning Portugues but it is not enough to fully understand. Could you help a little.

And I hope to become a Brazilian citizen as well after the marrige.

------------------
Baby 8-4 cleared for t/o

[This message has been edited by Baby 8-4 (edited 11 December 2000).]

Contrails
12th Dec 2000, 01:28
Let’s consider you have a Brazilian citizenship:
- Minimum age is 18 and max is 30 (they can extend if necessary).
- Education background: at least high school but they prefer a college diploma (preference will be given for pilots graduated from any aviation university or technical area, e.g. engineering).
- A good command of English.
- ATP or CPL with I/R, ME, and a valid medical certificate. No minimum flying hours are required, but Brazilian certificates or any accepted license are compulsory.
Probably there will be an examination in early 2001. Exams consist of general aviation subjects, Portuguese and English tests (written and oral), some psychological evaluations, a flight check (in a simulator or a ME airplane), a full medical assessment and a final interview with some pilots.
Good luck.
[email protected]

AeroBoero
12th Dec 2000, 03:27
Baby ;

There is here in PPRuNe someone who was in the same situation of yours. He married an brazilian and tried to get the things going on there. But no luck and in the end he returned to Denmark.
I'll try to find his e-mail to you. But I can't guarantee , haven't seen him around here for some time know (not with self nick at least).

Best luck to you!

AB

Contrails
12th Dec 2000, 04:02
Let’s consider you have a Brazilian citizenship:
- Minimum age is 18 and max is 30 (they can extend if necessary).
- Education background: at least high school but they prefer a college diploma (preference will be given for pilots graduated from any aviation university or technical area, e.g. engineering).
- A good command of English.
- ATP or CPL with I/R, ME, and a valid medical certificate. No minimum flying hours are required, but Brazilian certificates or any accepted license are compulsory.
Probably there will be an examination in early 2001. Exams consist of general aviation subjects, Portuguese and English tests (written and oral), some psychological evaluations, a flight check (in a simulator or a ME airplane), a full medical assessment and a final interview with some pilots.
Good luck.
[email protected]

Baby 8-4
14th Dec 2000, 01:10
Thank you both Contrails and AB

To AB: that sounds interesting, please let me know if you find that adress...

To Contrails: Are you employed in VARIG yourself. What are the conditions (ie. salary, schedule)?? How about small companies where a lot of twin time can be aquired..

Baby 8-4