PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Tailwheel Endorsements (southwestern WA)

WhoWasPhone
29th Oct 2010, 11:48
Hey guys,

I'm aware of the previous thread dated 2008, but as you know quite a bit changes in 2 years.

Can anyone recommend flight schools or individual instructors for tailwheel endorsements?

i've heard names being thrown around like "Chris Shine" who according to a poster in the previous thread does the check and training for CALM (who i'm interested in getting a job with when i complete my CPL in Dec/Jan)

i've so far been quoted @ $2000 by ACFT but i'm shopping around

I'm willing to travel to Geraldton/Bunbury/Busselton and Albany
Not willing to touch RACWA due to previous bad experience

thanks in advance! =)

YPJT
29th Oct 2010, 12:52
Not sure if Ralph Burnett is still doing training in Albany but he is also one of the most experienced tailwheel instructors around.

On eyre
3rd Nov 2010, 01:35
Yep - Ralph's the man !!

Karunch
3rd Nov 2010, 02:48
Agreed, Ralph is a master. Has even sold a couple of nice aeroplanes in the past too!

Charlie Foxtrot India
4th Nov 2010, 01:57
Another vote for Ralph!

lethalw
7th Nov 2010, 12:06
I'll sling a vote for Shiney.....only because I haven't flown with or met Ralph (yet)!!

But I have heard equally good comments about each of them.....and Shiney's new acquisition for his hangar is a VERY nice example of a tail wheel aircraft!

WhoWasPhone
8th Nov 2010, 02:47
Which company does Ralph operate out of? is it a flying school? private company? (i've looked around for contact details but cant seem to find any =\)