PDA

View Full Version : Flight Records Controller - what do they do?

Joe910
29th Oct 2010, 06:08
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster here :)

I'm just about to graduate from Year 12 and have applied for a bunch of jobs. Today I got a call saying I have an interview with an aviation services company. They do things like private chartering, priority freight and other services.Corporate Air - Aviation Service Provider - Established 1972 (http://www.corporate-air.com.au/)

The position is a Trainee Junior Flight Records Controller. The recruitment agency told me the job involves scheduling airplanes in for maintenance, ordering parts and the like. I can't find anything on Google that isn't linking back to the job adverts so I'm starting to struggle to more information.

I'd love this job but need a better grasp on the job to display my knowledge in the interview.

Would highly appreciate any input :)

Mr Angry from Purley
29th Oct 2010, 18:35
Sounds like Techincal records come stores, try the engineering site perhaps:\

Darwinism
30th Oct 2010, 23:49
We have an "Engineering Technical Officer" who does a job that sounds like the one you're interested in - he tracks aircraft hours/cycles and uses that information to plan the timing of future maintenance - A and C checks. He also keeps track of TOGA's etc, and keeps on top of spares/consumables. I'm sure that he also does other work that I'm not aware off because it doesn't affect us in Ops .