PDA

View Full Version : International Rugby

mattyj
28th Oct 2010, 05:46
C'mon all you NZ and Australian Expats!!

Wallabies are playing the All Blacks this weekend. Ticket sales are low (25000 sold out of 40000 seats at Hong Kong Stadium)

Put away your upgrade study notes for a weekend and get some beer in you on the terraces!!

Hong Kong Ticketing Limited (http://www.hkticketing.com/eng/) :D smash em bro!! :D

NoseGear
28th Oct 2010, 06:32
Ill be there, but at 1200HKD dollars a pop it's not cheap...just myself and eldest son so that equals 450NZD just to get in:eek::uhoh: You can do the maths for a family of four:\

And those are the standard ticket prices...:ouch:

Nosey

mattyj
28th Oct 2010, 06:55
hmmm...you can buy a few shandy's with that...can't you get into the Cathay Corporate box by now Nosey?

GANNET FAN
28th Oct 2010, 07:37
Wouldn't bother, don't waste your money, Wallababies will be walked over!

flyingkiwi
28th Oct 2010, 09:23
i agree, lets all support this event lest it be the last time we see the Blacks and Wallabies play in HK.

As for the result, could be anyones match, i ould like to see the Blacks take it too them again, nothing sadder than a saw Aussie been beaten.

I will be there with the family, not the cheapest event but worth it to support the event.

Dan Winterland
28th Oct 2010, 10:13
Well, I've got the afternoon off and was thinking of going down. But at $1,200 a ticket!!!!!! I'm a pom and don't really care who wins, so international rugby at a hundred quid a ticket - forget it! To me, it would be overpriced at half the cost.

They've made a big error with the pricing.

NoseGear
28th Oct 2010, 13:24
You see DW, its entertaining rugby, not that ruck ruck maul maul you Poms love!! Go on, go see how the game is supposed to be played!!:E:E;):p

Eeee oop, it's only a 'undred quid mucker:ok:

In the spirit of honesty, I do agree with the pricing error:{

SMOC
29th Oct 2010, 00:45
Know a KA mate who's organized a 40 seat box next to half way, still has a few spare seats after some guys rosters didn't workout, $3k, drinks included let me know if your interested. Mostly KA/CX/QF guys with wives and Gfs and a few Kiwis snuck in with the humans!

Old Fella
30th Oct 2010, 10:25
How are you feeling now Flying Kiwi?

Fliegenmong
30th Oct 2010, 10:51
Fantastic result!!, even though the Wallabies trained hard at the how to lose a linout technique:rolleyes:, and Quade should have stuck to well....most anything but kicking:=.........I am at least happy that the multitude of bogan low life hoons cruising around with those goddam silverfern stickers on their rear windscreens..aren't happy....and that's a good thing :ok: .......in fact it is a very good thing:p, Go home Bro...stick a silerfern sticker on your car there Bro....If EnZed is as Choice as, as you say.....see ya Bro

WE WON Bro!

Choice result........:}

troppo
30th Oct 2010, 11:08
Well, the kiwis really won. It's all about the coach you see. It has taken one of the greatest All Blacks to teach Australians how to win rugby. I would put a buck on the Wallabies winning the world cup.

boofta
30th Oct 2010, 11:30
Two professional fowls per minute in the last 3 minutes of play.
Sean Fitzpatrick would have been proud of the bro's.

Mouwaa
30th Oct 2010, 12:35
Kiwi bro's will choke next year for sure.

flyingkiwi
30th Oct 2010, 12:57
good game, was right there at the action end..

funny really that the kiwi beating starts after just the first win in 10 matches and only by 2 points.

Dissapointed sure but at the end it was a great game, pretty sad about the turn out, i dont know if they will do it again which is a pity as we now nead a decider!

NoseGear
30th Oct 2010, 13:47
Fliegenmong
at least happy that the multitude of bogan low life hoons cruising around with those goddam silverfern stickers on their rear windscreens

You can be well proud of your upstanding countrymen....I was there with my 6 year old son and one of your "classy" Ocker mates gave us the finger when Australia scored a try....nice:D:rolleyes: Had to explain to my son that not everyone in a yellow jersey was a cock. Although really, at the end of the game, the foul abuse that my young boy had to listen to, maybe I was wrong.

I'll take a Kiwi any day of the week thanks.Talk about poor winners. And only once in over 2 years....:D:rolleyes:

31st Oct 2010, 01:05
I'm very sorry to hear that NoseGear. I had the opposite scenario which simply adds fuel to your fire, being an Australian who was sitting amongst some very loud and 'intimidating' Kiwi fans covered in tats. They were as vocal in support of the Kiwi's as you could possibly expect and yet quietly applauded each and every achievement by Australia during the evening. Even reaching over to shake my hand at the very end. I was able to point out to my young lad the difference between Rugby fans and the feral AFL mob that we suffer at the few 'live' matches attended down south during the year. Maybe the difference isn't the football code after all... shame.

mattyj
31st Oct 2010, 02:08
Crouch...touch...pause....pause...paaaauuuuuse.............. .................

..........Engage!

Idiot ref.

Great game tho..good on ya Aussie, finally got one over us...unfortunately for you that was part of the deal we made with the devil to win the league next week...Go Kiwis!!!!:ok:

Old Fella
31st Oct 2010, 04:02
Come now Flying Kiwi, we didn't start beatingup on Kiwi's until after the Aussies won. If they had kicked more accurately it would have been by a much larger margin. At least five goal kicks missed.

flyingkiwi
31st Oct 2010, 07:27
if we hadnt taken Dan Carter off at 60 mins it would have been by a lot more too...

hey i dont mind giving you guys one in 11. but do feel the Aussies are pretty ugly winners and even worse loosers.

superfrozo
31st Oct 2010, 08:01
The word is "loser".

Brought to you by the grammar police.
"To serve and correct".

Neptunus Rex
31st Oct 2010, 08:14
$1,200. I'm sure the last 'Stones' gig in Hong Kong wasn't much more than that.

Old Fella
31st Oct 2010, 10:32
Flying Kiwi Come on, YOU didn't give us anything. Your team lost, a rarity I know, but they LOST.

Fliegenmong
31st Oct 2010, 10:55
Nosegear, apologies for my less tasteless Ocker countrymen.....But the Maori with tats on his face and up his neck, driving a commodore recklessly with a silverfern on the rear windscreen.....and claiming my taxes in dole money.......:=