PDA

View Full Version : MF T&C

Hubert Davenport
27th Oct 2010, 14:28
I posted this under another topic and was banned from the thread.

For that a am sorry, I don’t see that this is MF T&Cs but am willing to follow the mods wishes.

The following paragraph from the offer to reach agreement is one of my main concerns.
·Access to route network – It is the company’s intention to ensure a fair and transparent distribution of routes to all fleets, based on commercial need, which will be discussed with Unite. Routes will normally move at the commencement of each season. Whilst many factors will be considered, commercial need will be paramount.

The brass tacks of this are that understandably so commercial need will be paramount.
The promises by the current head of IFCE that he will not move routes unfairly do nothing to elevate my worries.
The next person to take the reigns will no doubt be tasked with cost saving. With an estimated wage difference for a long-range route being moved to MF saving £1000000 est. per year.
The drive of that manager will be to expedite the transfer of routes to MF.
The variable pay top up for worldwide is about £2000 under the average earnings (the year 2009-2010 was not one of the best).
In an estimated 2 to 3 years when lucrative routes will be looking at a further 7% to pay cut.
If you look at the Future IR framework (I believe the full document is posted on this forum) you will see how little protection the workforce will have against forced management change.

vctenderness
27th Oct 2010, 14:50
I posted this under another topic and was banned from the thread.

For that a am sorry, I don’t see that this is MF T&Cs but am willing to follow the mods wishes.

The following paragraph from the offer to reach agreement is one of my main concerns.
·Access to route network – It is the company’s intention to ensure a fair and transparent distribution of routes to all fleets, based on commercial need, which will be discussed with Unite. Routes will normally move at the commencement of each season. Whilst many factors will be considered, commercial need will be paramount.

The brass tacks of this are that understandably so commercial need will be paramount.
The promises by the current head of IFCE that he will not move routes unfairly do nothing to elevate my worries.
The next person to take the reigns will no doubt be tasked with cost saving. With an estimated wage difference for a long-range route being moved to MF saving £1000000 est. per year.
The drive of that manager will be to expedite the transfer of routes to MF.
The variable pay top up for worldwide is about £2000 under the average earnings (the year 2009-2010 was not one of the best).
In an estimated 2 to 3 years when lucrative routes will be looking at a further 7% to pay cut.
If you look at the Future IR framework (I believe the full document is posted on this forum) you will see how little protection the workforce will have against forced management change.

And your concern is............?

If BASSA had negotiated instead of fighting the 3rd World War you would not have had any concerns. The years 2008-2009 were on offer but BASSA refused to negotiate!

BASSA are soley responsible for this situation and it is pointless now worrying about what the future holds because they REFUSED to sit down and talk.:ugh:

Hubert Davenport
27th Oct 2010, 14:58
vctenderness (http://www.pprune.org/members/337699-vctenderness)

Thanks for enlightening me with your factual knowledge of the offers put to me over the past year.

You are right and I am totally wrong, sorry to waste your time with my petty concerns about my future.:ok:

Ops_Room_Junkie
27th Oct 2010, 15:11
HD.

From your response are you actually disagreeing with VC and saying that was NOT on offer? I am clear of your use of sarcasm but not clear on your argument.

I find this tactic quite often used by crew that moan about how bad BA is, they state a fact, the fact is refuted and then they start name calling and using diversions away from the facts to smoke screen and belittle arguments.

Can you be clear please, do you state that this was NOT on offer?

...oh, as for worrying about the future: I am more concerned about the present and the effect this IA has on ALL our futures. Was it not Chicken Licken that ran around prophesising about all the doom and gloom to come and trying to scare others, only to find they hadn't taken time to get the right facts?

TightSlot
27th Oct 2010, 15:12
Sorry, but we all have enough crap in our lives already without yet more of this infantile bickering