PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys.

ekamkohli3100
27th Oct 2010, 04:58
Guys Plz Help Me Out With This Issue.
I Am About To Complete My Cpl(c-152) Next Month.after This I Had Planned To Do Cfi+cfii+mei As This Would Help Me To Built Hours And Then Get The Atpl.go To India And Convert It Which Would Help Me To Fetch A Job Easier.
Now Consulting My Instructors And Friends I Heard Some More Options,or I Can Quote It As Putting My Money Into The Right Course.
Firstly,type Rating
Secondly,will Sound A Bit Different,that Is Get The Helicopter Cpl After The Airplane Cpl.reason Being That There Are Plenty Of Jobs Available In India.and They Have A Good Pay Scale.
Now A Have Some Questions.
Is It Better To Go With A Helicopter Cpl?
Is Presently Jobs Available For Helicopter Pilots?
If I Go With Cfi Get The Faa Atp And Then Convert It To Indian Atpl.is It A Better Choice?
Is Cfi Jobs Available In India?
What Is The Requirements Of Atpl According To Dgca?minimum Age Of Getting It?

Well,yes I Am Very Confused At Present.but Plz Help Me Out With These Issues So That I Dont Waste My Money In Doing The Course Which Is Useless.
My Last Option Will Be Type Rating Reason Being Too Expensive.n If I Do Cfi Or Heli. Cpl Den Would Be Nearly Impossible To Do Type Rating In Future If I Had To.thats Why It Is A Very Important Decision For Me To Make.
Cost Of Cfi+cfii+mei=us$15,000
Cost Of Helicopter Cpl=us$15,000(requires 50 Hrs After The Airplane Cpl)

Thanks A Ton To Those Who Reply And Make A Effort For Me.

PA-34
27th Oct 2010, 14:49
Hi,
well I am not sure about other options but to do CHPL or CPL(H) you would be needing 150 hours on helicopter to get Indian CPL (H), as i understand many countries issue CPL(H) by just doing40-50 hours of helicopter flying if you are having CPL. but as much as i know you will need to do complete training for CPL(H) other wise you will get foreign CPL(H) but at time of conversion or application for Indian license you may face problems

http://dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B9.pdf

you can check out above link, page number 16 and 17 where syllabus of flight training is given

but there is one more way if you have CPL with 500 pic time then you can get India CPL(H) by doing 30-40 hours of helicopter flying you can see the details on page number 19 and 20 of the same link given above.

well as much as i know doing 150 hours again after completing CPL would be super expensive specialy if you are going to do chopper flying.

Sorry that i couldnt help you with your question much

This information is from what i understand from given link, I might be wrong so I request all if i am wrong or in case missing anything please correct me
thanks

duyentranvan
27th Oct 2010, 15:13
maybe u should take up a ATC course in europe and then sit in one of those control rooms and give us good radar vectoring... thanks

tu144
27th Oct 2010, 17:41
what school are u attending for cfi and all that stuff? What country?

estranged soul
28th Oct 2010, 07:01
Well,yes I Am Very Confused At Present.but Plz Help Me Out With These Issues So That I Dont Waste My Money In Doing The Course Which Is Useless.

Well, the only thing I can tell you is that a CPL is the most useless "course" right now.

Biggest waste and drain on one's resources.